Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

It's about that time. Thanks for all the knowledge and info you've dropped as you always do @Sharkey we all appreciate it more than you know. GL with your plays boys!

Cheers man. What are you playing here if anything? I have to know what to root for here in case my two little plays don't come in.

Cheers man. What are you playing here if anything? I have to know what to root for here in case my two little plays don't come in.
Diamond king w/p/s bets all small just for fun. I'm all confused and stayed away from any exotics. Fully expecting Justify to dust everyone again so Diamond King showing would more than suffice to make my day a profitable one.

Diamond king w/p/s bets all small just for fun. I'm all confused and stayed away from any exotics. Fully expecting Justify to dust everyone again so Diamond King showing would more than suffice to make my day a profitable one.

You'll actually get some decent value on your show bet if Diamond King does finish top 3, as Justify only has 25% of the show pool compared to him getting 59% of the win pool.

Best of luck, my friend. And to everybody else.

The beer is going to be on @t6p after this race I'm thinking. And by beer I'm meaning many, many beer for each of us.

Going with the following:

Justify / Quip, Diamond King, Tenfold, Bravazo
Justify / Quip, Diamond King, Tenfold, Bravazo / Quip, Diamond King, Tenfold, Bravazo

This along with my little Diamond King to win bet. Kind of forcing it here but I'm afraid I'll upset the betting gods if I don't make a play after how well they treated me on the Derby. GL all.

Look at this guy crushing it once again like there's nothing to it. Congrats, my friend!

Quick update, Shark and @t6p:

Good Magic had a freakout today in his workout. I threw out Mendy of my KD picks owing to how he looked in his prelim workout. Not only was GM sweaty this week like Mendy was, but at the end of the ride today when he met up with the pony, he reared, bucked and almost threw the excercise rider. If you remember Mendy also got a little out of control at the end of his KD workout.

GM looked great in his KD workouts but just seems to be a bit off to me. I think Im throwing him out of my tri based on that. It will be interesting to see how things play out tomorrow, as he is definitely the second best horse in the field but something seems off to me.

I don't know much about betting but I know horses as that is what I do - train riding horses. He could recover, but to me, that is a bad sign just 24 hours away from the race. Food for thought
i got to bump this. He finished out of the tri but put on a hell of a race. That was CRAZY tho! We could not even see anything!

Hit the exacta. If Good Magic had held on I'd have hit the trifecta but I'll still take it!

Look at this guy crushing it once again like there's nothing to it. Congrats, my friend!

Wow! What a race, I really can't believe it. I'm so glad I posted what I was planning to play early. It was all thanks to your input and @ImNotSurpisedDonks! who put me off of Good Magic with the info he posted. Thanks guys!

Justify predictably keeps his triple crown chances alive but it was a fun one! Congrats to all the winners! Foggy much?

You got the exacta right?

Nah, I didn't play Bravazo, Timmy, so I missed. That's perfectly okay, though, as I only played the race really small and I'm happy that so many of you guys cashed on your bets.

Wow! What a race, I really can't believe it. I'm so glad I posted what I was planning to play early. It was all thanks to your input and @ImNotSurpisedDonks! who put me off of Good Magic with the info he posted. Thanks guys!
Thanks, bro!

Funnily, although he got only 4th, I still think he ran his best race to date. But yah, it was a bad idea going after him from the gitgo. Justify made a move in the early stretch that was amazing, just put on the nitrous and pulled away. It certainly did not play out how I thought it would but GM is a better horse than Bravazao and I think he could have taken that race with a better mindset and maybe rest.

I wonder why it was so slow? I bet a bunch of people are hoping off the Triple Crown for Justify now. It will be interesting tho with Good Magic, Audible and likely Bolt sitting. He still does just enough to win and that is a good sign.

Back