Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

Ah, don't worry about it, T. A sloppy track does throw a wrinkle into things for sure, though, and can be more trouble figuring out than it's worth. At least until we get a good factor for them anyways.

I know, I know. Gotta beat myself up a little bit after posting a full slate of losers though.

#6, #5, #10, #4, #3 was the finishing order. Meh.

I know, I know. Gotta beat myself up a little bit after posting a full slate of losers though.

Nah, you really don't, T. If you're beating yourself up over a few races over a sloppy track how am I supposed to feel after posting hundreds of losers in this thread? Haha. We're in this for the long haul, so one bad day shouldn't deter you.

Jesus, that was a 670/1 super we just missed out on, T. Wouldn't have that been nice?

Nah, you really don't, T. If you're beating yourself up over a few races over a sloppy track how am I supposed to feel after posting hundreds of losers in this thread? Haha. We're in this for the long haul, so one bad day shouldn't deter you.

Fair point Shark. However, you've also posted hundreds of winners.

But yea, it's definitely a long game and I'm not deterred at all. Just poking some fun at myself.

Fair point Shark. However, you've also posted hundreds of winners.

But yea, it's definitely a long game and I'm not deterred at all. Just poking some fun at myself.

That's the spirit, T. I have a lot of confidence with what we're doing here with our system that we're using, but we're still going to have days like today just because nothing is ever fool proof. We've also just started this system too, and while we're getting better at structuring our bets around it we still have room to improve in that department. We've missed out on some big payouts being the boneheads we are at times, and yet I've still managed to turn a very nice profit since we started it. And we're just beginning, my friend.

I didn't do any numbers for it, but I went with the #8 horse here to win & place in race 9 at Delta Downs. On paper the horse looks like it should be the favourite, yet is going off as the 4th choice at 6/1.

Thanks for letting the best horse go off as the 5th choice dummies.

Over $40 in profit there makes up for some of the earlier misses.

Three races for Mahoning Valley tomorrow;

==========

Race 4;

1- 416.6 Classical Music 3/1 *
2- 403.8
3- 440.8 Dreaminofjustice 2/1 ***
4- 378.0
5- 470.6 Ronni's Secret 4/1 ****
6- 405.3
7- 437.5 Sheltowee's Posse 7/2 **

==========

Race 6;

1- 398.3 Needling Neil 6/1 ******
2- 381.6 Scarlet Winde 10/1 **
3- 405.8 Where Eagles Fly 5/1 *******
4- 397.8 Barnesland 10/1 *****
5- 369.2
6- 349.5
7- 359.9
8- 392.7 Brahms Breeze 6/5 **** (recently turned 3 year-old vs older horses)
9- 386.7 Mugrosito 8/1 ***
10- 378.1 Domestic Cat 20/1 *

==========

Race 7;

1- 405.4
2- 419.6 Fifth Business 5/2 **
3- 391.1
4- 433.3 Love Your Humor 7/2 ****
5- 402.3
6- 423.3 Jessethemarine 8/1 ***
7- 393.6
8- 395.1
9- 380.8
10- 389.9
11- 416.5 Worth a Punt 20/1 *
12- 400.1

==========

Three races for Mahoning Valley tomorrow;

==========

Race 4;

1- 416.6 Classical Music 3/1 *
2- 403.8
3- 440.8 Dreaminofjustice 2/1 ***
4- 378.0
5- 470.6 Ronni's Secret 4/1 ****
6- 405.3
7- 437.5 Sheltowee's Posse 7/2 **

==========

Coming up after this next race here, and I'm just going to key the #5 horse on top of the other three in exactas and tris. Maybe make a win bet on that one too if it doesn't go off the favourite.

Race 3 coming up in a couple of minutes just might be the worst race I've seen on paper over the last few months. It's terrible. The horses are a combined 0 for 120 or something like that, with only 18 finishes between them where they hit the board. The top speed figure in the field is something like 50. I almost did the numbers for the race too, but I wouldn't want to put even a single dollar on any of them so I didn't bother.

That was hilarious. The #2 horse came out of the gate there, spun around doing a full 360 within a step or two and dropped the rider. Good for some comedy anyways.

Can't make a win bet at 7/5, so just the exacta and tris for me with the #5 keyed on top.

Can't make a win bet at 7/5, so just the exacta and tris for me with the #5 keyed on top.

I just stabbed the tri with the #5 keyed over the others. Looking like the exacta won't pay much with any of those combos so I'm gonna try for the bigger hit. GL Shark.

I just stabbed the tri with the #5 keyed over the others. Looking like the exacta won't pay much with any of those combos so I'm gonna try for the bigger hit. GL Shark.

Probably smart to do it that way, T.

Holy shit, did that horse ever suck. Terrible trip, but still.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do in race 6 here coming up next. Looks like outside is quite good once again in these one turn sprint races at the track, though, so maybe the #9 might be an option. Or even the #10 if that one goes off really long. I don't know.

Back