Ken shamrock worst declined fighter ever ?

I agree with ur assessment on Ken, but the 2nd Royce fight was pure BS, with or without judges, Ken lost some of my respect in this fight.. pure L&P
If you was around at time he gained loads

First fighter to beat Gracie guard in mma

Royce guard was death sentence ken beat him down

60 punches 40 head butts and two big tight hands in OT

If you was around at time he gained loads

First fighter to beat Gracie guard in mma

Royce guard was death sentence ken beat him down

60 punches 40 head butts and two big tight hands in OT
I respectfully disagree.

Btw UFC 1 & UFC 5, Ken had basically 2 yrs to study Royce´s game.

He was injured at UFC 2, but still, during an interview at ringside, he stated that he was workin´
on his game, and that he would come back with some kind of "master plan".
That was obviously hinted at Royce.

But, at UFC 5, he didnt really go for the win, he definitely wanted the draw, believed it was a victory for him...
Thus he L&Ped, didnt mount any serious offense (Im aware of the numbers though).

Look at Kimo for instance, he was much more game than Ken against Royce, and Kimo was very close to win.

Royce was never really in danger in that fight against Ken, reminded me one of the ol´Vale Tudo fights from the 1980s-90s, where even the BJJ guy would only headbutt and basically L&Ped..

Ken could have showed more in this 2nd fight, but he shrinked.

He was for sure the most well rounded. Pro Kickboxer, BJJ brown belt, and state highschool champion in wrestling.

Shame he was robbed of some elite wins in Pride and a shame he had to retire before the third Tito match. By that time Guy was actually cutting weight to make 205 and had alot of high level mma experience (I think he would of beaten Tito if they had fought a third time).

Wonder how people would of viewed him if the had gotten the nod against Nog, Sakuraba, and Arona (Sakuraba fight he won and you could easily argue he won the other two as well).
They were close fights.. Dunno why, Saku didnt like Guy, he thought he was "boring" (?!).. that could explain why he underestimated him and took him lightly

They were close fights.. Dunno why, Saku didnt like Guy, he thought he was "boring" (?!).. that could explain why he underestimated him and took him lightly
Ken was in right he stuck up for his fighter

Pride rules were favoured to their guys or stars

Ken scared the living shit of them including saku

2000 ken was beast

Ken was in right he stuck up for his fighter

Pride rules were favoured to their guys or stars

Ken scared the living shit of them including saku

2000 ken was beast
Honestly, if "Pride rules were favoured to their guys or stars", they would never have introduced the knee-to-the-head-on-a-grounded-opponent.. That was the official Saku Death Sentence. I sincerely dont understand why they suicided their top player like that...

Besides, the fact that Royce got the decision win over Takada (Japan´s biggest star at the time, the reason why Pride existed) after the latter mounted him (but L&Ped) during the whole fight... shows that they realistically were not into favouring their stars...

Honestly, if "Pride rules were favoured to their guys or stars", they would never have introduced the knee-to-the-head-on-a-grounded-opponent.. That was the official Saku Death Sentence. I sincerely dont understand why they suicided their top player like that...

Besides, the fact that Royce got the decision win over Takada (Japan´s biggest star at the time, the reason why Pride existed) after the latter mounted him (but L&Ped) during the whole fight... shows that they realistically were not into favouring their stars...

They relied on their stars even if lose saku in early pride was the man

And I said their guys and stars

Wand cro cop Fedor minowa saku Gary etc

Without a Japanese star pride imo wouldn't have been a success

Saku

Saku was the man and talk gets a round vs Gracie

Once he faded away pride did too imo

They relied on their stars even if lose saku in early pride was the man

And I said their guys and stars

Wand cro cop Fedor minowa saku Gary etc

Without a Japanese star pride imo wouldn't have been a success

Saku

Saku was the man and talk gets a round vs Gracie

Once he faded away pride did too imo
Not sure... When I compare the Japanese crowd to the Brazilian or American ones, I feel the Jap one is more receptive to foreigners...

Not sure... When I compare the Japanese crowd to the Brazilian or American ones, I feel the Jap one is more receptive to foreigners...
Jap crowd the best educated

Pride had shit fights lot worse than early UFC but they were respectful

Brazilian are idiots they are mad .

No respect even English applaud the winner Brazillian say you are gay lol

I love the fighters though from their though but overall attendance lost are idiots

Jap crowd the best educated

Pride had shit fights lot worse than early UFC but they were respectful

Brazilian are idiots they are mad .

No respect even English applaud the winner Brazillian say you are gay lol

I love the fighters though from their though but overall attendance lost are idiots
The Brazilian crowd is different today, used to be really hardcore in the 1970s-80s-90s... Always ready-to-riot, like in the Renzo Gracie vs Eugenio Tadeu fight...

Last edited:
Top 3 today is a bit of a stretch, I feel like he doesn't get the respect he deserves as no one actually knows how good he was.

I think if he was around before usada he would of been a great fighter and would challenge for the belt.

I don't think he would survive the usada era, he's a bit of Barnett when it comes to use.

Bob Sapp is the most declined and it isn't even debatable. Goes from world-class in K-1 and MMA to a joke in local promotions, and the drop off was sudden.

Tre never impressed me...
He stood up to the mantle when Ken pussied out of a fight with Vovchanchyn and held his own.

He was very unlucky in some of his fights, in terms of losses via cut and in my opinion some harsh judging decisions.

The man was a beast and by far the best fighter in the Lions Den. Heck, I'd even put Mezger ahead of Ken.

He stood up to the mantle when Ken pussied out of a fight with Vovchanchyn and held his own.

He was very unlucky in some of his fights, in terms of losses via cut and in my opinion some harsh judging decisions.

The man was a beast and by far the best fighter in the Lions Den. Heck, I'd even put Mezger ahead of Ken.
Igor is his best win, for sure.. But, other than that, it was a lackluster carreer...

Didnt expect him to beat Rizzo, for sure, even Belfort... But the way he fought Barreto, for instance..not impressive.. Then u have his loss against Sylvia... Really not impressive..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back