Ken Shamrock vs Sam Adkins

Hellhammer84

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen this fight? Is there any actual video footage of it out there? This took place in the early 2000's . I know Ken won by submission but I have never been able to find a video of it anywhere

what was ths significance of this fight?

It was his come back fight pre pride
wasnt Alexander Otsuka his comeback fight? Based on his Sherdog profile he had alrrady came back when he fought Adkins. Regardless, this fight would be interesting to see.

shamrock-keylock.jpg

shamrock-belts.jpg

I remember seeing something about this, looks like this was around his NWATNA days. Reminds me of Frank Shamrocks return fight in the WEC.

definitely seen those photos and others before. Don't recall ever seeing a video of it.

shamrock-keylock.jpg

shamrock-belts.jpg

I remember seeing something about this, looks like this was around his NWATNA days. Reminds me of Frank Shamrocks return fight in the WEC.

Interesting. Never seen those pics before. Ken looked weird with that longer haircut.

Holy shit. That must be difficult to defend that kimura from a prime yolked up Ken.

5418.jpg

here's when Frank Shamrock came back from retirement against Brian Pordoe (sp) 2003 around the time Ken came back. If there was a perfect time for Ken and Frank to fight, it was during this time.

It was kind of a joke of an event from what I read about it years ago.

It was a promotion started by Ken Shamrock (and I believe his father Bob Shamrock), and he picked a 3-7 fighter in Sam Adkins be his opponent for the HW title.

5418.jpg

here's when Frank Shamrock came back from retirement against Brian Pordoe (sp) 2003 around the time Ken came back. If there was a perfect time for Ken and Frank to fight, it was during this time.

Dang, Pardoe looks like a HW who's a part-time bodybuilder. He also had 1st round losses to Jardine, Rashad and Frye, though.

I haven't seen it

I've spoke to ken to see if he has footage and he doesn't

Probably worked anyway his return

5418.jpg

They were still cool then so wouldn't happen

Yes I agree though . Ken of 96 kills him great timing in 03

Competitive in 03 imo

They were still cool then so wouldn't happen

Yes I agree though . Ken of 96 kills him great timing in 03

Competitive in 03 imo
really? i thought they were in bad terms from Franks departure from the Lions Den until IFL.

I'd still love to see this fight. Anyone out there have a video?

It was a promotion started by Ken Shamrock (and I believe his father Bob Shamrock), and he picked a 3-7 fighter in Sam Adkins be his opponent for the HW title.

Ken is still the champ then?

Sam Adkins to me has always been like the American version of Alexander Otsuka. Tough guy with a very small toolset( basically just boxing) that fought some big names from the dark days of mma, lost wayyyyyy more than he won but wouldnt turn down a chance to fight. Dude has always had my respect, wherever he is and whatever he is doing now I hope he's doing well

Of all of the fighters who have kept fighting past their prime, I don't think there's a worse example of decline than Ken. There's a few other examples like Tank, Jens, BJ and others, but Ken just looked fucking TERRIBLE since he came back from the WWF

Back