Ken Shamrock said he failed drug test because....

I imagine Ken would be more surprised that he passed any drug test rather than fail one.

I never heard a doctor giving methadone because of brain damage.. Did he really test positive for it? Methadone is ugly and addictive as fuck. I dont know why anyone besides opiate addictives would take that.

Have any of you seen someone that's on Methadone? Methadone is fuk'd up! I would see people on Methadone standing on a street corner leaning so far over it looked like they were going to fall and all of a sudden they catch there balance and start all over again leaning catch balance leaning...... Shamrock must be on some heavy shit to be taking Methadone.

Have any of you seen someone that's on Methadone? Methadone is fuk'd up! I would see people on Methadone standing on a street corner leaning so far over it looked like they were going to fall and all of a sudden they catch there balance and start all over again leaning catch balance leaning...... Shamrock must be on some heavy shit to be taking Methadone.

Thats sad.. I had a friend who died on overdose couple years ago and he got methadone for some time too and I think it made his addiction even worse.

Yeah sure, I was hoping Shamrock could go out with a bit of Glory or at least leave with some respect...but his endless complaint about the low blow from Gracie that was eventually followed by another positive test....well he ended his career on a terrible note.

But we can all agree that he is finished completely.

Thats sad.. I had a friend who died on overdose couple years ago and he got methadone for some time too and I think it made his addiction even worse.

They usually give it to people that have a heroin addiction. IDK which is worse but its sad to see so many people on it.

Methadone is used for opiate addiction and it's also prescribed for pain in severe cases.

Yeah sure, I was hoping Shamrock could go out with a bit of Glory or at least leave with some respect...but his endless complaint about the low blow from Gracie that was eventually followed by another positive test....well he ended his career on a terrible note.

But we can all agree that he is finished completely.

Wait so is he banned?

He got popped for Methadone (Opiod) and Nandrolone (Testosterone)

He said he failed because he was taking medicine prescribed by a doctor for, “swollen pituitary glands in his brain,”
My question is, which medicine? AND How the heck would commission allow a 52 year old with a damaged brain, get in the ring?

I wish he would just come clean like Mirko and Chael BUT, he probably still wants to fight and cannot afford a 2 year suspension.

Nandralone is never prescribed for this purpose. Some rat studies, that's it.

Wait so is he banned?
I think so. It is shitty to see a pioneer go out on such a low note. Would love to see him go out on a win against a can overseas just to see his hand raised before riding off into the sunset . Ever since the loss to fujita and Frye his career has been on a spiral of lows . The only good moment was the knockout of kimo but that was well over 10 years ago. Poor ken

The body only has one pituitary gland, and even it were enlarged/had a tumor those aren't substances commonly involved in its treatment.

I think so. It is shitty to see a pioneer go out on such a low note. Would love to see him go out on a win against a can overseas just to see his hand raised before riding off into the sunset . Ever since the loss to fujita and Frye his career has been on a spiral of lows . The only good moment was the knockout of kimo but that was well over 10 years ago. Poor ken

He should do a rematch with Saku.

He should do a rematch with Saku.
Too risky . Saku would tko him again. I'm thinking more along the lines of José canseco or kyle Maynard giving mma another go. It pains me to say it as a ken fan but even Jason thacker has a good shot of winning against ken if he decided to make a comeback

Sad. My mma hero either way
Absolutely.
It's been the lowest of lows for over a decade and I can't help but still root for him every time he hobbies out to the ring for another beating.
It seems ridiculous now but Ken actually was the man at one point. You have to be Fucking old to remember it though.

He should get one more ufc fight and pay day dammit

He got popped for Methadone (Opiod) and Nandrolone (Testosterone)

He said he failed because he was taking medicine prescribed by a doctor for, “swollen pituitary glands in his brain,”
My question is, which medicine? AND How the heck would commission allow a 52 year old with a damaged brain, get in the ring?

I wish he would just come clean like Mirko and Chael BUT, he probably still wants to fight and cannot afford a 2 year suspension.

I honestly don't think Ken wants to fight anymore, and I don't think he ever had a big desire to since coming back to MMA.

Too risky . Saku would tko him again. I'm thinking more along the lines of José canseco or kyle Maynard giving mma another go. It pains me to say it as a ken fan but even Jason thacker has a good shot of winning against ken if he decided to make a comeback

Exactly why it could happen, and easy name win for Saku. Other good fights would be

V Tank
V James Toney
V Yet another Gracie fight

Exactly why it could happen, and easy name win for Saku. Other good fights would be

V Tank
V James Toney
V Yet another Gracie fight
I hate saying it but he would find a way to get knocked out or tkod in all those fights. Hes been falling apart for nearly a decade and a half. That fight with Don Frye took nearly everything he had left.

Is shamrock poor ? If so is there a story about how it happened. I know when he was in the UFC they weren't paying their top stars as much as these days but he also had a decent wwe stint during the attitude era

I seem to remember "money problems" being given as a reason for why he was still fighting in his late 40's for minor promotions. But I don't recall if that was just fans opinions or if Shamrock ever said anything. Potentially he could be doing it because he gets bored and doesn't want to do anyting else, and it seems like he'd make more money at a real job than fighting 5 times in 6 years (pre-Bellator) for Cage Rage/KOTC/USA MMA/WarGods/Impact. He did sue the UFC and lost and they sued him for $175,000 in attorneys fees that I don't think he ever paid. Before the Kimbo Slice article there were articles about him leaving his home in Reno, Nevada, where he lived with a wife and daughter, to live in an RV by himself while he trained in San Diego. In a video he says that he has "a great family and a great life".

Last edited:
Back