Kelvin Gastleum fires back at Luke Rockhold

Man if Gastelum caught Rockhold clean it could be lights out.

If that happens you're talking salt companies going out of business.

Kelvin turns Luke back into

k2_ff8f5242_b747_4c88_9303_f7db123e8a87_v1.jpg

Man if Gastelum caught Rockhold clean it could be lights out.

If that happens you're talking salt companies going out of business.

Agreed, but given the success that Weidman had taking him down, I'd see Rockhold looking for the TD. Luke is one of the most dangerous top position guys in the sport.

Kelvin turns Luke back into

k2_ff8f5242_b747_4c88_9303_f7db123e8a87_v1.jpg
Just for you Arm.

2h5uvz5.jpg

ZHXbriL.gif

Phisher - Agreed, but given the success that Weidman had taking him down, I'd see Rockhold looking for the TD. Luke is one of the most dangerous top position guys in the sport.

Hard to argue with that to my friend, it's a toss up 50/50 fight for me. Luke is chinny and Kelvin's ground game is significantly weaker.

Last edited:
lol. kelvin is awesome. but truth-be-told, if those two fight, my money is on rockhold. i truly believe he learned a valuable lesson with taking bisping lightly. he is going to destroy everyone he faces from here-on-out. my personal opinion.

Agreed, but given the success that Weidman had taking him down, I'd see Rockhold looking for the TD. Luke is one of the most dangerous top position guys in the sport.

Yeah, but he doesn't really have an active offensive takedown game like weidman's--luke's takedowns usually come from clinches and reversals, so hopefully Kelvin would know to avoid clinch range.

lol. kelvin is awesome. but truth-be-told, if those two fight, my money is on rockhold. i truly believe he learned a valuable lesson with taking bisping lightly. he is going to destroy everyone he faces from here-on-out. my personal opinion.

I don't know, Branch gave him a pretty tough time and almost put Luke out.

If Luke gets Kelvin on the ground he'll easily finish him. If he tries to stand with Gastelum he'll likely get lit up.

Luke is the type of the guy who sees himself on the top of the world and those kinda guys always feel worst when they fall down...Staying humble is just a top level mentality...

give branch credit. he ain't no slouch. i think he beats bisping, and a decent amount of ufc middleweights.

Kelvin can pull off the K.O. here, and I'd love to see it.

One guy was half dead from not having his TRT

the other guy is years past any thing resembling a prime and just got beat up and choked out by a guy coming off of a 4yr retirement.

so . . .I could hope for a double knockout as both guys are about as annoying as it gets.

He didn't almost "put him out" that is not true. He landed flush but then got out gunned and tapped to strikes

Lol

Still though

Gastelum turned down Romero and is going for fighting the faded legends route

And TRT Vitor would kill Kelvin

But don't mistake Rockhold's TD offence to be on par with Weidman's...it most certainly isn't. Weidman is the best TD artist in the division,with Yoel in second, and Rockhold tends to rely on inside trips and such in the clinch. He's most definitely not a shooter from the outside. He's extremely well rounded and doesn't exactly need an elite TD game, but he's never shown to be a TD artist and it's certainly not his go-to strategy.

That's not to say he couldn't get Kelvin to the mat if he wanted to, but he'd have a much, much tougher time than Weidman did.

What I find the most amusing is that Rockhold used MMAth to prove that Kelvin has nothing for him with Rockhold>Weidman>Gastelum, when in fact Kelvin has the better MMath with his own example (KOing two guys who both shut Luke's lights out).

I really want to see this fight at some point.

Last edited:
Vitor was hardly the same. Rockhold deserves the heat he gets for losing to Bisping though. Rockhold has himself to blame. He should have murked Bisping again...

Nothing would satisfy me more than having a WW pushing Luke's shit in, after all his talk about fighting Werdum at heavyweight.

Luke is the type of the guy who sees himself on the top of the world and those kinda guys always feel worst when they fall down...Staying humble is just a top level mentality...
I was going to go with maturity but I haven't seen very many top fighters stay humble for long. It always ends badly too. They get complacent and lazy, then the great fall. You'd think they'd have learned from the 100 people before them that it's not a good mind set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back