Kelvin Gastellum is only -135 against Weidman +115

The Chris should have took some time off like Robbie. And he should have definitely taken an easier fight. Dude is looking shot. Just quits. I like Kelvin at those odds.

Its not like Weidman was getting demolished in his last three fights against three top ranked guys. He was competitive. I think its a close fight but I lean further to Weidman FTW.

No, he never deserved the hype to begin with. Outside of having a good matchup vs an aging Silva what has Weidman done? Short notice boring dec win vs a welterweight contender? Elbowed Mark Munoz's corpse?

He's always been your typical wrestler-boxer with good but not great wrestling.

Honestly Weidman should win this, I don't see Kelvin beating him on the feet or out grapple him, he is nowhere near as washed up as Vitor, Marquardt or Kennedy

I've never joined the team but this is seriously underrating Weidman. He lost three competitive fights against the creme de la creme. Gastelum on the other Hand was getting beat by Ellenberger before he brainfarted, could have lost against Story (I had Story but it was close enough), and lost to Magny (all three WWs !). He has three wins at MW but none of them is even close to the level of Weidman.

Weidman by UD.

Odds seem about right all things considered. Weidman has fought the tougher competition, and has the better wins, but he in on a losing streak. He's gonna be much bigger than Gastelum, the better wrestler, better on the ground, and he has one of the best chins in all of MMA.

I think Kelvin can win too, but its not like Chris has looked terrible in all of his fights. He was winning round 1 versus Mouse, had him winning against Luke until the kick, and was beating Yoel until the knee from hell.
This sums it up perfectly.

The Chris is by no means a small MW. Kelvin is an undisciplined WW. That's The Chris' best chance of winning the fight.

Wideman beats him and sends Kelvin back to welterweight.

Who has kelvin beat? I haven't seen many of his fights, it seems like he's just beat up even older versions of the dudes Weidman did during his run an older belfort and a past prime Hendricks and Kennedy.

He's beat some good guys who sure were on the later side of their career, but it's more the way how he's beating these people.

It doesn't matter the age of the people he beat, you can see his technique is good and for sure can work against the top top guys

Is that -135 for Gastelum to win, or make weight? Either way, Weidman wins a decision with takedowns.

Back