Kell Brook v Errol Spence Jr Confirmed for May 27th

I would be pretty shocked if Jacobs were able to land a Canelo fight. I see 168 as a division thats ripe for the picking right now. Jacobs could be the face of that division. There's no one at the weight I'd favor over the Jacobs I saw fight golovkin.
I agree with all that. But the difference in money is well worth the try and wait at least . Canelo literally has only 3 options at this point. I dont see Oscar favoring a GGG or Saunders deal over Danny. He has to at least be in the conversation.

Im going to be honest. I could easily see that fight going either way. But I admit i was not impartial I was totally biased for GGG. Because of our bet.
But I was literally making a list of songs because I was pretty sure the judges were going to call it for Danny. So that says a lot.

I hate moral victories too. But I dont think that loss did Danny any disservice. The whole time you were saying Danny was at GGGs level at the very least. That fight proved it. I doubted it. But was proven wrong and will happily admit it.
I hope this bet drums up a ton of interest and attention about this fight. Appreciate all the 1st hand info you provide. You for sure do a better job promoting Danny & Errol than a lot of actual freaking promters do with their own fighters. Lol. @RR Promotions

Appreciate that.

You guys getting involved with the fights helps too. Whether it's talking about it, ordering it, telling me Danny or E suck ( I welcome that too lol) fans make these fights happen. Keep supporting it and I will keep busting my ass to see you don't see bullshit with your money

I think it's evident Danny and E don't want to step in the ring with anything less then the best (Danny's knuckle is hurt again)

Jacobs stock went way up based on that fight. Cliche I know, but he has nothing to hang his head about. I was always sort of "meh" on Jacobs ,to be honest, but I saw a fighter who put it all together in that fight and I want to see that guy again.

Get that man back in the ring and capitalize on that publicity. Who are you guys after next? I bet you guys could jump right into a decent money fight at 168.

Canelo was the target but his knuckle is hurt again. It's not broken but it's the same thing he fucked up against Walton

We'd fight with it against Saul and there isn't a lower number out there and we signed off on a rematch clause.

Danny will still win easy.

I agree with all that. But the difference in money is well worth the try and wait at least . Canelo literally has only 3 options at this point. I dont see Oscar favoring a GGG or Saunders deal over Danny. He has to at least be in the conversation.
I think Canelo can make money fighting anyone. Jacobs is a huge risk, low reward for Canelo. I would be blown away if that fight got made.

I think Canelo can make money fighting anyone. Jacobs is a huge risk, low reward for Canelo. I would be blown away if that fight got made.

Numbers are there and he likes us as people. We won't bitch

Hes kind of run out of non risky options at this point. Hes exhausted them. He also pretty much has to fight @ 160 after Chavez Jr. Fight. I still think they want the GGG fight to build more.
So that leaves BJS, Jacobs, and maybe Jermall Charlo since he just moved up and was gifted a high rank. I think he will catch too much flack for BJS and newcomer Charlo. What do you think is most likely?

I dont think they should do ANYTHING or move anywhere until Canelo has signed his next fight. Danny v. Canelo is the fight to make. Danny deserves another huge pay day. Who cares about being undefeated when you can make another record pay day still.

I'm a huge Canelo fan, but Danny beats him.

Canelo was the target but his knuckle is hurt again. It's not broken but it's the same thing he fucked up against Walton

We'd fight with it against Saul and there isn't a lower number out there and we signed off on a rematch clause.

Danny will still win easy.
GREAT NEWS! Fingers crossed.
Rehydration clause???? LMAO hahahahhaha.
In before people get shocked that Danny looks much bigger than Canelo.

I dont know if this answers your question, but Miguel Cotto beat Michael Jennings for a belt, and then defended it against Joshua Clottey; all within a year of being assaulted by Margarito (Don't remember if Cotto suffered broken bones though).

Not the same.
No broken face
Michael Jennings =/= Spence

I'll do 2-1 on E

If we can move to 3 to 1 on Brook (maybe even 5 to 2), I'd be in for $100 (for Brook to win, obviously). I'm reaching a tad, I know, but just testing the waters as you've already taken my money in the past, lol.

If we can move to 3 to 1 on Brook (maybe even 5 to 2), I'd be in for $100 (for Brook to win, obviously). I'm reaching a tad, I know, but just testing the waters as you've already taken my money in the past, lol.

I'm 2 to 1 for now, lol

I've heard similar rumors myself from various sources. Not sure about him getting run out of the gym, but Floyd himself said that Errol caught him off guard and forced him to work harder in training.

christ, i forgot how annoying floyd is when he talks.

Ok, got some time.

I think it's going to be Brook who is going to be surprised. See E can box and work Brooks body even in rounds he might lose (which will slow him down). The damage will come from our end. Everyone knows his straight and UC combo. He gave it away vs. Gennady. If you can see a punch coming you can take it. Choreograph the ring work to mirror what every punch he throws. Honestly, I'm looking more at his fights with Hatton and Porter. I think those show his tells.

Brook took an onslaught from a much bigger Golovkin and finished on his feet, his body broke down but his chin held up pretty well considering the punishment he took. Porters not exactly a pillow puncher either.

I think you might be surprised at how it goes on the inside, not that Spence doesn't have an advantage there, more to do with Brook tying him up. Brook's strong for the weight and has good clinch control, I imagine he'll fall into his straight rigtht and clinch straight up, smothering Spence's work and forcing a clean break.

You're right that Spence has some set combinations that he uses a lot, he's not super versatile. With that said, Floyd Mayweather used the same combinations and punches for over a decade. They both rely on timing, and it's difficult to stop shots from a guy who doesn't waste anything and times his explosions. Spence needs to show somthing that he hasn't show before, he needs to show better defense and be more disciplined with his offense, he really can't afford to be taking shots from Brook here, certainly not relying on walking through them.

Brook's very good against southpaws, it suits his punch selection more and he's always been around them in the gym, if I had to highlight a couple of things for you I'd say take a look at the lead left hook. He comes up high when he throws it so there's not much opportunity to counter, but he looks to use that punch to stop his opponent and line them up for an uppercut or right hand. Constant evasive head movement after taking one on the gloves would counteract this. He'll change this up for the left uppercut too, he can lead with either one

He'll also overcommit the right hand, and change to Southpaw on the follow through to back his guy all the way up. He did this multiple times against Frankie Gavin, which is a fight you should definitely watch. In short, don't back up from his right hand, step back and bend at the waist, which Spence does in fairness.

I know that you will know all bout the jab and straight right, those are the obvious weapons.

That's a huge assumption man, I very much doubt Spence is walking through a straight right hand or uppercut from Brook. I really hope you guys don't go into the fight with that kind of mindset, Kell is a sneakily powerful puncher, he's hurt pretty much everyone he's been in the ring with, barring GGG, but even he got stopped in his tracks a few times.

I think Spence is going to get a shock, it's not so much the natural power, it's the timing as well, which is how Brook has been able to drop more than one fighter with his jab.

shawn porter was never in any trouble against kell brook and continue to walk through what brook was throwing until the 12th round. how are you so sure that spence does not have the punch resistance of porter?

because if he does, i dont give kell much of a chance other than a bad decision especially coming off that brutal beating and face disfiguration that golovkin laid on him

both algieri and van heerden(training partner for canelo) are very tough guys and errol beat the fuk out of both of them

shawn porter was never in any trouble against kell brook and continue to walk through what brook was throwing until the 12th round. how are you so sure that spence does not have the punch resistance of porter?

because if he does, i dont give kell much of a chance other than a bad decision especially coming off that brutal beating and face disfiguration that golovkin laid on him

both algieri and van heerden(training partner for canelo) are very tough guys and errol beat the fuk out of both of them

He was in trouble, Brook hurt him with an uppercut in the 12th round. Go back and watch the fight.

I'm not so sure, why would I be? Just like no one is so sure that Spence can take Brook's power. There's no answer until they get in there and fight. It wouldn't suprise me if Spence didn't get hurt against Brook, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did too.

Algieri got knocked down 6 times by Pacquiao and Van Heerden went life and death with Conor Mcgregor, they aren't really names that would convince me that Spence would blow Kell away. Brook would have walked through Spence's opposition and looked just as good when he was beating up the same level of competition.

Not to say that Spence won't win, it's pretty much 50/50 for me, but your arguments about 'tough guys' he's fought doesn't really fit in. He's fighting one of the elite boxers in the division as well as a powerful guy, that's what's going to make it a very interesting fight.

He was in trouble, Brook hurt him with an uppercut in the 12th round. Go back and watch the fight.

I'm not so sure, why would I be? Just like no one is so sure that Spence can take Brook's power. There's no answer until they get in there and fight. It wouldn't suprise me if Spence didn't get hurt against Brook, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did too.

Algieri got knocked down 6 times by Pacquiao and Van Heerden went life and death with Conor Mcgregor, they aren't really names that would convince me that Spence would blow Kell away. Brook would have walked through Spence's opposition and looked just as good when he was beating up the same level of competition.

Not to say that Spence won't win, it's pretty much 50/50 for me, but your arguments about 'tough guys' he's fought doesn't really fit in. He's fighting one of the elite boxers in the division as well as a powerful guy, that's what's going to make it a very interesting fight.

conner took vanheerden life and death?

chris supposedly got off a plane, jetlagged, and toyed conner

http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/20...den-conor-mcgregor-was-easy-work-in-sparring/

http://www.boxingscene.com/common-sparring-partner-breaks-down-cotto-canelo--98436

he was a sparring partner for canelo( i believe for five weeks) and cotto. youre not brought into camp to give work to a good 154 puncher if you dont have solid punch resistance.

the fact that algieri was kd six times and fought 11 rounds with a swollen eye against provo, who had almost kod bradley, tells you about his durablity. you could make a case that chris could have been used up by the time spence got to him but errol beat the shit out of algieri

imo, most fighters(canelo, chavez, garcia, paq, jmm) that rely on hooks have solid punch resistance as they need to absorb the jabs and straight punches of their opponents that will get their first.

conner took vanheerden life and death?

chris supposedly got off a plane, jetlagged, and toyed conner

http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/20...den-conor-mcgregor-was-easy-work-in-sparring/

http://www.boxingscene.com/common-sparring-partner-breaks-down-cotto-canelo--98436

he was a sparring partner for canelo( i believe for five weeks) and cotto. youre not brought into camp to give work to a good 154 puncher if you dont have solid punch resistance.

the fact that algieri was kd six times and fought 11 rounds with a swollen eye against provo, who had almost kod bradley, tells you about his durablity. you could make a case that chris could have been used up by the time spence got to him but errol beat the shit out of algieri

imo, most fighters(canelo, chavez, garcia, paq, jmm) that rely on hooks have solid punch resistance as they need to absorb the jabs and straight punches of their opponents that will get their first.

Van Heerden does have good punch resistance, what's this got to do with anything? He was stopped on his feet against Spence and is a D level fighter. He was eating flush left hands from Connor in that sparring session, not exactly the mark of a great defensive fighter. Either way I don't see what you're trying to argue here, Spence couldn't put him down.

Beating Heerden and Algieri doesn't suddenly make you a destroyer, neither of those fighters posess any counter threat. Besides, Brook has swept over multiple fighters on that level.

Back