Keith Thurman-Danny Garcia March 4th, 2017 on CBS?

@nac386 @Seano

@PUO3 @JayE

@BluntTrauma21

And other wisemen..

My boy is going to vegas...

I need informed opinions on this fight..

Im leaning towards Danny Garcia.

Discuss

Thurman by decision. They are both good boxers, and both tough as shit, so I don't see a knockout.

Thurman is a bit faster with his hands and feet, hits a bit harder, has a slightly higher work rate, and throws a wider variety of punches and combos.

Danny can box, but his power is unimpressive at 147 and he doesn't go to the body the way he needs to against Thurman (who seems vulnerable to the body). Garcia couldn't really hurt old lww Paulie, who admitted Garcia really doesn't hit hard for a welterweight.

I think the smart bet is Thurman by decision. Garcia is a veteran though, and he's been in tough several times. Not an easy fight to bet money on.

Thurman by decision. They are both good boxers, and both tough as shit, so I don't see a knockout.

Thurman is a bit faster with his hands and feet, hits a bit harder, has a slightly higher work rate, and throws a wider variety of punches and combos.

Danny can box, but his power is unimpressive at 147 and he doesn't go to the body the way he needs to against Thurman (who seems vulnerable to the body). Garcia couldn't really hurt old lww Paulie, who admitted Garcia really doesn't hit hard for a welterweight.

I think the smart bet is Thurman by decision. Garcia is a veteran though, and he's been in tough several times. Not an easy fight to bet money on.
What? Garcia is a pretty committed body puncher.

What? Garcia is a pretty committed body puncher.

Eh, he has been at times, but in recent years Garcia has struck me as a bit of a head hunter. He seems to throw pitty-pat body shots to set up big hooks up stairs. I don't think that is going to get it done against Thurman.

@nac386 @Seano

@PUO3 @JayE

@BluntTrauma21

And other wisemen..

Discuss

I lean towards Thurman by a relatively close margin on the cards. Thurman is faster and might be the slightly better boxer. Neither man is really spectacular at any one thing, but they're both pretty well rounded and half decent punchers. I think Thurman's speed advantage (hand and foot) will probably allow him to get off first and force Garcia to start taking the lead and trying to find Thurman as the fight goes on (and Garcia is always more comfortable when his man comes to him).

Thurman does get reckless sometimes and we have seen that Garcia is willing to go for broke and punch with his opponent, so that might be a chance for Garcia to get a KD and maybe swing things in his favour, but as others have said, I don't see Garcia as a massive puncher at WW (I actually think Thurman's power is a little overrated, too, but he's a better puncher than Garcia).

Gonna end up having over 2u on Danny this weekend. Think he's got some really nice value here, especially if he gets that hook to start landing downstairs where Thurman seems to be a bit vulnerable. Even if he doesn't he should have some good opportunities to land the counter hook upstairs and keep Keith honest.

I've been pretty critical of Garcia recently because of his shitty opposition for the most part as of late, but I do think the guy is ready to take on the upper echelon at 147 now. He also seems to really dislike Thurman, he sounds like he's really pissed and he rarely shows much emotion, that's his psycho father's job most of the time. I think this is a good thing, I don't think either is going to be able to outbox the other and the bad blood probably adds even more to assumption that these two are gonna have some harsh exchanges in the pocket. I actually think Danny could have an advantage trading b/c of that hook he always seems to land, plus Danny's chin has always been strong, Matthysse was at 140 but that man can punch and Danny took all of his best shots.

I think the fact that he hasn't really looked very good against subpar fighters is a good thing betting wise, that's why I think Danny's line is a bit out of hand, he's the type of guy to fight to the level of his comp and I think he steps up against Keith and gives it all he's got. One issue for me is his gastank, not sure how he'll hold up in a hard 12rder against a guy of Thurman's caliber, but I think he'll probably be okay. Either way, definitely a dog or pass type of fight for me.

This is a really fun fight between two young and skilled undefeated fighters. I think Danny's got solid value anywhere in the high +1xx's or better. 2.3u on Garcia at various prices, might up it closer to 3u if I'm feeling it, not sure yet.

@nac386 @Seano

@PUO3 @JayE

@BluntTrauma21

And other wisemen..

Discuss

^^^^ Wrote that b/d in the gambling forum earlier. Pretty heavy on Danny at different prices around 2-1. I've been hard on Danny b/c of his recent comp but I think that's being played into the lines too heavily here. The guy is a legit talent, I think he sometimes tends to fight to the level of his comp but he'll show up for the Keith fight. I think most agree this is a pretty competitive fight no matter who you favor, I think if you can get Danny at high 1xx's or better that's the play to make. Just my opinion though, Thurman is no joke.

Garcia at 2 to 1 does have some value, I think. I give an edge to Thurman, but this is a very close fight.

I wonder if the UFC will bite into this ratings wise. Easy choice for me, but maybe not for some others.
I can't wait for this fight :)

I think Keith takes it, but it could be an all time classic.... I HOPE it's one for the ages.

Thurman needs to move & keep making Garcia reset, avoids the big exchanges and utilizes the jab.
As most have stated above, Thurman is open and often hurt by body punches.
This is a bigger test for Thurman than Garcia if you go by opponents imo.
Thurman by UD but no chance would I gamble on this fight.

I'm leaning towards garcia. I think he will adjust to Thurmans speed and beat him to the body to win by 9th round ko

^^^^ Wrote that b/d in the gambling forum earlier. Pretty heavy on Danny at different prices around 2-1. I've been hard on Danny b/c of his recent comp but I think that's being played into the lines too heavily here. The guy is a legit talent, I think he sometimes tends to fight to the level of his comp but he'll show up for the Keith fight. I think most agree this is a pretty competitive fight no matter who you favor, I think if you can get Danny at high 1xx's or better that's the play to make. Just my opinion though, Thurman is no joke.

Dude I got the Garcia dec line at +400. I think the fight goes the distance and that line is ridiculous.

@nac386 @Seano

@PUO3 @JayE

@BluntTrauma21

And other wisemen..

Discuss
Ive changed my original opinion. I think its a close fight either way but Im going Swift decision. Danny gets up for the big shows. I think his body work gets to Thurman.

Thurman looked like shit vs porter but everyone was blinded by their crush garcia is better than porter I can't see thurman winning unless there are a lot of politics involved.

Put a small wager of 3k usd on Garcia ! Odds are too good not to bet

I was awaiting some good flesh to be pounded tomorrow. I hope i get my wish to see the canvas painted in it's glory, as the battle of chaos ensues. I want to taste the essence of man's will to ascend......

Nexus be upon us....

Thurman looked like shit vs porter but everyone was blinded by their crush garcia is better than porter I can't see thurman winning unless there are a lot of politics involved.

Everyone looks like shit against Porter because of his awful head first grab second swing from the moon fighting style. It's like K9 Bundrage took a shit and it learned how to fight.

I like Porter though. He seems like a nice guy and the fact he turned his garbage style into a winning style is great. He works hard and fights hard. That said it has been and will always be a super ugly style that is more about frustration and entertainment than actual boxing.

Back