Keith Thurman-Danny Garcia March 4th, 2017 on CBS?

DeJulez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.boxingscene.com/keith-thurman-vs-danny-garcia-cbs--110097

The other fights that Showtime put out for next year make sense on Showtime.
But why in the hell would you put Thurman-Garcia on Showtime when its going to give you good ratings on CBS and help boost the PBC name?
It looks like it will probably be on CBS, but they should be doing everything in their power to get it on there.

Also, Thurmans not fighting an interim bout. Does anyone see this as maybe being a bad idea for not keeping active?

Who's everyone taking at this moment as well?

http://www.boxingscene.com/keith-thurman-vs-danny-garcia-cbs--110097

The other fights that Showtime put out for next year make sense on Showtime.
But why in the hell would you put Thurman-Garcia on Showtime when its going to give you good ratings on CBS and help boost the PBC name?
It looks like it will probably be on CBS, but they should be doing everything in their power to get it on there.

Also, Thurmans not fighting an interim bout. Does anyone see this as maybe being a bad idea for not keeping active?

Who's everyone taking at this moment as well?

I am rooting for DSG to wipe out Keef but Keef is the favorite.

I don't think it will hurt Thurman b/c Danny ain't fighting someone that will sharpen him .

I am more concerned who they use for training camp then I can get a better idea how sharp they will look

Tldr--- Latin Goonies support 100 percent

I don't really care what channel it is on. I just hope the fight actually happens, we have had too many cancellations lately.

I think Thurman will win, he has more advantages. I think he's faster, has better feet, throws better combos, and has a bit more power. I wouldn't say either one of them really have good defense, and they both have good chins. Keith will be busier and win on points, but it will be a pretty violent fight. I think Danny is too tough for Keith to get the knockout.

I really hope this happens. I think Thurman is probably the guy to put money on here. I'm not a huge fan of either, but I think it will be a fun one to watch for sure!

Thurman seems to have more going for him coming into the fight, but Garcia has been a prospect killer through his career. Tough fight to call, but I'll go with Thurman right now since Garcia has been acting like he's ready for retirement over the last year or so.

I don't really care what channel it is on. I just hope the fight actually happens, we have had too many cancellations lately.

I think Thurman will win, he has more advantages. I think he's faster, has better feet, throws better combos, and has a bit more power. I wouldn't say either one of them really have good defense, and they both have good chins. Keith will be busier and win on points, but it will be a pretty violent fight. I think Danny is too tough for Keith to get the knockout.

All of this. 10/10.

Recent outings make me lean Keef over Danny. Danny at his best, Id take him. But that was a long time ago now.

Great fight, finally.

I'm loving this fight. Thurman has that little bit more of the good stuff for Danny so I take him to win, but it won't be an easy night

All of this. 10/10.

Recent outings make me lean Keef over Danny. Danny at his best, Id take him. But that was a long time ago now.

Great fight, finally.

It's not like I don't give Danny a chance, I do. Danny gets the most out of his skillset by being patient and having good timing, which kinda flies under the radar since speed/power/footwork is easier to see. If Danny is going to win, I think it'll be because he gets to Thurman's body. Thurman does not seem to like body punches at all, and Danny does throw a mean ass left hook.

That's why it's a great fight though, it really is a fight that a lot of us will be split on, or at least we'll be able to see a path to victory for both guys. With this fight, the LSC vs Frampton rematch, and a potential Golovkin vs Jacobs, the first quarter of 2017 could rebound from a shitty 2016.

I'm taking Danny Garcia. Thurman is overrated.

It's not like I don't give Danny a chance, I do. Danny gets the most out of his skillset by being patient and having good timing, which kinda flies under the radar since speed/power/footwork is easier to see. If Danny is going to win, I think it'll be because he gets to Thurman's body. Thurman does not seem to like body punches at all, and Danny does throw a mean ass left hook.

That's why it's a great fight though, it really is a fight that a lot of us will be split on, or at least we'll be able to see a path to victory for both guys. With this fight, the LSC vs Frampton rematch, and a potential Golovkin vs Jacobs, the first quarter of 2017 could rebound from a shitty 2016.

Agree entirely. Keef seems to like the phone booth exchanges so that plays well for Danny, but Keef has shown more and looked better as of late.

I think Danny will really have to commit to the body to win here. Thurman showed better movement than I thought he had vs Porter.

I'm taking Danny Garcia. Thurman is overrated.
647820.jpg

Where/why do you favor Swift?

It's a pretty evenly matched fight. I just feel like Danny is more technical and that Thurman's punching power really isn't that great. When was the last time Thurman legit TKO'd someone? It was back in 2013. He couldn't even put Leonard Bundu away. Thurman needs space to operate. Danny needs space as well, but Danny has at least shown he can go to the body. Thurman just head hunts and leaves himself open.

I don't see a KO, but I see Danny winning a UD probably 116-112.

Thurman's punching power really isn't that great. When was the last time Thurman legit TKO'd someone?

Thurman has good power. It is not anything special, but it's a bit more than Danny has. Danny couldn't knock guys out at 140 unless they were old as hell or notoriously weak-chinned, and now he's fighting guys his own size or bigger.

I don't recall DSG going to the body all that often in his past fights? I could be wrong tho, since I don't really like him, and never rewatch his fights.

Back