Keep peeing, don't know why!

OhNoZ

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So i've been on a low carb diet for over a month now and have been eating typically the same stuff all the time. chicken, eggs, red meat, cheese, fish, and some nuts and veggies. One workout I ended up a little dizzy and figured it was from dehydration so I decided to up my water intake.

I used to drink about 4 bottles of water a day and some diet soda, I only upped it 2 more bottles for the past three days and I've been peeing 6-8 times a day! I used to only pee maybe 3 times a day. I do know that this is from the water intake but would two bottles really increase my pissing time by double? I also recently decided to spread out my meals every 2-3 hours instead of 4-5 to help my metabolism, would that have any affect on this?

Its weird, these are all full streams not just dribblers. I'm only 21 so I am pretty sure it isn't a health thing. After 3 days (over 20 pee's later) my urine is still not clear either...

Does low carb affect your urinary system at all? Is my body finally being better hydrated and trying to flush out everything? Unless if your old is it common to have to pee almost every hour with proper hydration?

I would get blood work done. You have an important symptom of diabetes.

I would get blood work done. You have an important symptom of diabetes.

uh oh, my dad is diabetic so I can see that. But i'm physically fit and have been following from my understanding a diet made to help diabeties? You got me worried so I'm going to hit up the doctor because this has been freaking me out a little. I just can't see where I went wrong :mad:

the same thing happened to me while in a state of ketosis. bad breath, dry mouth, frequent pee pee breaks, and brick poops. They're just side effects.

the same thing happened to me while in a state of ketosis. bad breath, dry mouth, frequent pee pee breaks, and brick poops. They're just side effects.

good cause ketosis is what i'm after with my diet. haven't experienced the bad breath (that i know of) but the other three are relevant. Thanks, I'm still probably going to get some blood work done though for safetysees

Dude, I think it's just the increase in fluid in combination with your diet.

While I agree with Sonny, I think getting a blood panel done is a good idea. I actually was in the doctor's office getting the results of mine just today.

its hard to talk to people about this because I don't honestly know anyone who diets like this so I didn't really have any references. I knew here people have more in common with my diet and goals so I wanted to see if yall had any of the same issues. Its good to know it sounds common, its just so weird to have to pee so often. Appreciate the helps guys!

whatttttt on earth are you guys talking about? the reason you are pissing more now is because you were SEVERELY DEHYDRATED before. Peeing 3 times a day? That is a freakishly low amount of piss breaks. THAT is abnormal.

Now that you added a little bit more you noticed an increase because you probably shifted from severely to MAYBE moderately dehydrated. 6-8 times a day is still not that much. Drink more water, use the color of your piss as a gauge. It should be clear, all the team. I piss every 2 hours probably, so maybe thats like 8x a day.

Whoa, you're right. Peeing only 3 times a day is a little low. I still think blood work is a good thing, though. Whether you're having any issues or not it's good to track it.

unless you get regular checkup i would say go in and get tested but i drink like 3-4 quarts of fluids a day and piss all the time i would say 6-8 times so i don't find it odd

woah nelly! I missed that you were only pissing 3 times a day. Take it from me first hand, I spent a long time in ketosis and can feel when my body reaches it. I don't have the exact scientific rerearch to back it up, but it was almost like my body was flushing out all of my water weight. It wasn't because of increased fluid intake because I drink about 3/4 to a gallon a day regardless of if i'm in keto or not.

While I agree with Sonny, I think getting a blood panel done is a good idea. I actually was in the doctor's office getting the results of mine just today.

I agree. I forget sometimes that not everyone gets a yearly physical with blood work.

Man I'm Old.

Ive been low carb for over 8 years and when I am off the diet I pee less, and weigh more. When Im on I pee more and weigh less.

I have had it explaned that carbs are like buckets, when you have them the fluid stays in your body, when you dont, your buckets become upturned and you are unable to keep the fluid in your body, water goes in and straight out.

Makes sense to me and my experiences. But I would also have a blood check done just in case, I got worried a few years ago and got it checked. All good and very complimentary about my blood make up.

woah nelly! I missed that you were only pissing 3 times a day. Take it from me first hand, I spent a long time in ketosis and can feel when my body reaches it. I don't have the exact scientific rerearch to back it up, but it was almost like my body was flushing out all of my water weight. It wasn't because of increased fluid intake because I drink about 3/4 to a gallon a day regardless of if i'm in keto or not.

thats basically what i'm thinking but wanted to see some other perspectives. about the 3 pees a day, i guess i didn't weigh in poo/pees because i just didnt think about it, so I guess more correctly I should say I used to pee 5 times a day and now am more around 10.

FlameBoy Ive been low carb for over 8 years and when I am off the diet I pee less, and weigh more. When Im on I pee more and weigh less.

I have had it explaned that carbs are like buckets, when you have them the fluid stays in your body, when you dont, your buckets become upturned and you are unable to keep the fluid in your body, water goes in and straight out.

Makes sense to me and my experiences. But I would also have a blood check done just in case, I got worried a few years ago and got it checked. All good and very complimentary about my blood make up.

thats a good explanation of what is going on

I've noticed I've been pissing a lot more at night since going low carb/paleo. It kind of... pisses me off. So I gotta stop drinking fluids about 5 hours before bedtime. And I still get up to piss. And I'm not getting up just to tinkle. I have to legit piss. Its my only complaint on this diet.

Back