Keep over extending my toe kicking

Towel88

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey, I just started kickboxing about 2 months ago, only previous experience throwing kicks was karate for a year as a kid. I have done some boxing before tho so not totally like a fish out of water.

Ok, my question is am i doing something wrong whenever i throw round house kicks I keep over extending my big toe. Is there something i can do like a stretch or will my toe eventually just strengthen from hitting things??

Or am i just being an idiot and should have a better judge of distance?

Thannks

Yes, you're doing something wrong. You shouldn't be hitting anything with your toes. You should land your low and middle kicks with the shin and your high kicks either with your shin or your instep.

Examples

Low kick
lowkick.jpg

Middle kick
hqdefault.jpg

High kick
bb05aceb460bb55a9d8c53c16d80df73.jpg

Also, you'll get better answers if you post your questions in the Standup Technique subforum.

Hey, I just started kickboxing about 2 months ago, only previous experience throwing kicks was karate for a year as a kid. I have done some boxing before tho so not totally like a fish out of water.

Ok, my question is am i doing something wrong whenever i throw round house kicks I keep over extending my big toe. Is there something i can do like a stretch or will my toe eventually just strengthen from hitting things??

Or am i just being an idiot and should have a better judge of distance?

Thannks
Hey, work with your range, i think you are standing to far away when you throw a kick, and its normal for a beginner the more experienced you get the less it wil happen

Back