Keenan's online site

Ckaa

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hello guys, has anyone tested the keenan cornelius online site?

Seems interesting (if you can survive the front page marketing from j. Schultz...)

a bunch of cool stuff, updated with a new video maybe twice a week. A lot of that is footage from Keenan's seminars.

signed up the other day (under a week ago). all the videos posted are top notch. the quantity of videos and site layout i found extremely lacking after being on mbonline. will cancel when this month is up.

i've seen some clips and they were horribly done. he wore a mic on his gi and it just made sound terrible, the camera was shitty, it all looked very amateurish.

i don't understand how anyone could put out videos like that when there is mendes bros out there, with supreme quality of video and instruction. either meet their level of quality, or forget about getting any customers.

The site is new and it shows but the technique he shows and his instruction are both as good as anyone I've seen.

Its cheaper than other sites that I've subscribed to like MGinaction, MendesBros and AllGalvao and the videos that are up are at least as good. I think english being his native language helps, plus I think if he's not the best competitor out of the guys with websites now he will be within a year or two.

The site is new and it shows but the technique he shows and his instruction are both as good as anyone I've seen.

Its cheaper than other sites that I've subscribed to like MGinaction, MendesBros and AllGalvao and the videos that are up are at least as good. I think english being his native language helps, plus I think if he's not the best competitor out of the guys with websites now he will be within a year or two.

it has been there for at least 6 months so not really new

i've seen some clips and they were horribly done. he wore a mic on his gi and it just made sound terrible, the camera was shitty, it all looked very amateurish.

i don't understand how anyone could put out videos like that when there is mendes bros out there, with supreme quality of video and instruction. either meet their level of quality, or forget about getting any customers.

Mendes bros site is 2.5 times the price of keenans site. Do you expect the same level of quality from a kia as you would from a bmw?

Mendes bros site is 2.5 times the price of keenans site. Do you expect the same level of quality from a kia as you would from a bmw?

no, but the price is still fairly low. $25 a month is not something only rich people can afford, especially when you're talking about the BJJ community.

the extra $15 that MB charges isn't the reason they have a stationary camera and a mic that isn't strapped to rafael's collar. the equipment you require to film what mendes bros are filming is dirt cheap these days. you'd probably agree a bmw costs a fuckload more to compile than a kia. what i'm trying to say is, there is no reason for keenan to have shitty quality videos, especially no financial reason. the site design has a lloyd irvin feel to it, too.

you need an HD camera, a microphone on a pole, and a guy that will make sure they direct the camera at keenan at all times. also, if you're in a room where all the walls are padded, don't film in front of the 5 square feet that aren't. keenan could literally spend an extra 200 bucks on equipment, spend a couple of hours watching mendesbros and allgalvao, and automatically have quality comparable to both those sites.

I don't care much about the quality of the footage much, but the big problem is that there is not enough videos.

I have it but he only post 1 or 2 videos a week. It's not very active and I'll probably cancel if he doesn't add more :\

I haven't seen his site but it's amazing to me that anyone can mess up video these days. A DSLR rig is so cheap now and so user friendly. To the point where DIY video has really hurt working professionals. A 50mm lens, a rode mic, and canon should be enough to be producing what appears to be professional grade video for these kind of sites, with minimal or no help from people that know what they are doing.

I've been subscribed for a few months now. I have used MG and MB in the past. Content wise, Keenan is lacking (maybe 50 videos? less maybe?). Instruction wise, I actually prefer him. Like someone said previously, having english being his native language makes a big difference.

While there aren't a ton of videos, the quality of the techniques and instruction are excellent. All the moves he shows are moves that he uses regularly, and he usually says who and when he hit a particular move so you can look it up (needs an InAction feature!). I've found that I've had more success applying his moves to my game then the other sites.

I think a big part of whether you use it or not is how your game fits into his style. If you play butterfly and close guard, then this isn't for you, go get MG. Many of the moves are lapel based, so if you prefer not to mess up your fingers, this isn't for you.

It is ok, but content is updated at a very low frequency. You are paying $10 a month for about 2 to 3 videos a month. That being said, everything Keenan teaches is different, he teaches the stuff that works well for him, no basics, no curriculum, just the stuff he is working on. His instruction is great, video production is not.
Every time I consider leaving the site he posts a gem that makes me think that I need to give him another month, and I am still subscribed.

Doesn't Marcelo avoid closed guard?

Yeah probably not a great example. I should have said butterfly and x-guard. Even still, MG alone is worth having if you play butterfly. I don't think anyone does it much better than Marcelo.

Does anyone have an update on how they like this site? I was thinking of signing up but not sure if it's worth it. Looks like there's maybe 300 total videos at this point and the price is now $25 per month.

Back