KD vs Kawhi whos a better player

spurs/pop tutelage have certainly helped his shot, and overall offense, but it's not like he was a bum from nowhere entering the league. He was already an outstanding defender and rebounder

He was Mr. Basketball in Cali FFS
Two time AA in only two college seasons
conf tourney MVP
led his team to highest finish in tourney ever, had a DRTG that year of 86.3. 2nd in the entire NCAA in DWS behind only Faried that year
led the conference in rebounding as a true freshman, and sophomore. AS A SF. also top ten in all of D1 in rebounding, and 4th in total boards his sophomore year

Kawhi is the best two player in the league. Most of the guys who are considered MVP candidates can play offense really well, but are simply ok at defense. Kawhi is a beast at both.

Well every defensive metric says so

Beyond that, KD has basically assumed the role as GSW's rim protector, and he's been excelling at it, and rim protectors are inherently more valuable than perimeter defenders

less and less people driving to the rim and posting up

more and more people chucking 3s

Ranch and it isn't even close.

Len would be a journeyman in this league without the pop tutelage.

moot point, len has pop tutelage

KD joined a historic team with 73 wins and they end up winning 6 less games this year

Len despite losing an ATG in tom dinkin ended up winning only 6 less games as well

moot point, len has pop tutelage

KD joined a historic team with 73 wins and they end up winning 6 less games this year

Len despite losing an ATG in tom dinkin ended up winning only 6 less games as well

Yeah, nobody cares Wbu.

Ranch would 100-0 him 1v1. He is literally 3-5x better than Len at the beautiful game LMAO. Watch them play.

Breakitdown by his own admission stopped watching basketball after Kobe retired, his opinion on basketball is empty, he's just attention whoring at this point

Last edited:
less and less people driving to the rim and posting up

more and more people chucking 3s

d6f.jpg

i get what WLU is saying, Kawhi and KD hold players to about the same FG%, but Durants differential is better b/c he's guarding bigs alot that normally shoot a higher percentage

doesn't change that he is statistically doing better than my dude Kawhi in most measures. Had he not got hurt you could seriously make a case for him as DPOY over Draymond and others

Gunt, my dude, Wbu is trolling

Anthony Davis is the second best player in the league

Gunt, my dude, Wbu is trolling

Not really just don't think we've seen Kawhi scratch the surface

Servant is goof but dude ran away from his team to be with the enemy

Pelicans are a couple more Kentucky cans away from making the playoffs.

Yea but kawhi can defend and can score. Hes also not a choke artist. KD is the better scorer no doubt dude gets buckets. Kawhi is a more complete player though.

Dunno if you have watched but kd has been an outstanding team defender this year and is playing effortlessly. Put him on the spurs teams of past in kawhi's place and the spurs would have won back to back.

I have kd narrowly ahead, but maybe I'm underrating kawhi's game because it's less flashy..

Dunno if you have watched but kd has been an outstanding team defender this year and is playing effortlessly. Put him on the spurs teams of past in kawhi's place and the spurs would have won back to back.

I have kd narrowly ahead, but maybe I'm underrating kawhi's game because it's less flashy..
KD has been playing good defense this year. Kawhi has been doing that his whole career against the best players in the league. So ill still give him the edge on defense. His scoring ability is also kind of underrated he can shoot 3's and has a nice jumpshot

Durant: 25.2 PER, 119.8 WS, .219 WSP48M, 5.1 B+/-, 47 VORP
Leonard: 22, 55.4, .219, 6.3, 25.4

KD. This year KD's defense has been even better than usual. Kawhi's defense has always been good, but if you stick KD on a shit team and you stick Kawhi on a shit team, KD will go further.

Back