Kayla Harrison mma debut June 21st PFL

MMA4Life

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
She won two gold medals at 78kg that’s roughly 172 pounds. She has been prepping for the transition for two years or so now but I still wonder if they are just going to make a weight class for her or if she is gonna fight at 145. It will be interesting to see how she does. She could very well not like being punched and transition terribly but I think she will do great at least before she faces harder competition. Similar to how Dern was dominating all the fighters before she got to the UFC...

I really don`t think she`ll cut to 145 lbs. She will probably fight at catchweight or maybe 155.

She's big, 145lbs sounds like a stretch.

Although I guess Ronda did judo at 154lbs and after a few fights at FW eventually dropped to 135lbs.

That's the opponent for Gabi. They'll both smash everyone else.

She is huge! I saw her in person in the last PFL in Everett Wa. And she is ripped as hell

She is huge! I saw her in person in the last PFL in Everett Wa. And she is ripped as hell
Yeah I mean she has a big frame I feel like they will have to make a Harrison division... I don’t see 145 happening, when she was first talking about transitioning to mma the UFC hadn’t made woman’s 145 even yet so I was really wondering what her end game was. I guess PFL or Invicta will work with her.

Kayla has been changing gyms more than once since she started transitioning, that's a little concerning. Besides the way she talks about it might not truly understand what she is getting into coming to mma. In addition because of Ronda the moment the fight is announced her opponent is gonna train armbar defense 24/7 until the day of the fight. So I hope she has more weapons than just the armbar.

UFC better sign her so that we can finally have a top 5 WFW.

There's only 4 atm iirc.

<36>

hopefully she can bring some vicious KO's to the division, but then again this is reality and WMMA we are talking about :(

This far along and no thirsty sherdogger has posted 'wood' yet?

ronda-rousey-photo-via-ig-congrats-to-judo_kayla-winning-her-second-olympic-gold-medal-in-judo-today.jpg

be honest, I had pretty much completely forgotten about her. PFL has been all about the tournaments the last couple of weeks. Will be interested in her MMA debut.

Back