Katty Kay: We have to get used to the terror

I didn't? I'm not a fan of middle eastern intervention.

What we don't need is another trillion dollar war based off of lies. Drone strikes aren't great but they arent like Iraq war at all.
Someone needs to actually research the ratio of civilians killed by drones versus actual "terrorists." You're naive to think they haven't done harm and created more terrorists.

Someone needs to actually research the ratio of civilians killed by drones versus actual "terrorists." You're naive to think they haven't done harm and created more terrorists.

Like I said I'm not a fan of drone striking because causlatites of innocents happen to be high but it's different than spending trillions to occupy a country illegally.

We need to be done with the Middle East and trying to bring them democracy by way of the gun. It'll never happen. Never.

Like I said I'm not a fan of drone striking because causlatites of innocents happen to be high but it's different than spending trillions to occupy a country illegally.

We need to be done with the Middle East and trying to bring them democracy by way of the gun. It'll never happen. Never.
I mean we had no less than 4 different strikes to try and kill ONE guy between 2008-2010 and finally got him after killing 128 civilians . o_O

I mean we had no less than 4 different strikes to try and kill ONE guy between 2008-2010 and finally got him after killing 128 civilians . o_O

Yeah I don't like it at all. The Middle East won't be fixed with the gun. Just like the Vietnamese would never be defeated by the gun.

How so? Terrorists don't even need big elaborate plans like 9/11 to do the job any more. They can just drive a truck into a crowd or swing a machete on a packed train. How do you stop that?

By not allowing muslims to roam your lands ?

I'm already desensitized unfortunately and see it as a part of life - Terrible to admit but the San Bernadino attack is the I got really worked up about. Still a much greater chance of dying in a car crash than terrorist attack. Much greater chance dying as victim of random street violence as well - something you accept when living in a major city.

wow a known trump hater is trying to downplay the threat of terrorism

1450934722407.png

yeah lets just accept these foreigners that admittedly want to kill you and your kids.. you are literally cucked

I'm already desensitized unfortunately and see it as a part of life - Terrible to admit but the San Bernadino attack is the I got really worked up about. Still a much greater chance of dying in a car crash than terrorist attack. Much greater chance dying as victim of random street violence as well - something you accept when living in a major city.

Are you aware that Muslims are 1% of the population?

Not a good argument. In this analogy, it would be more apt to say that no matter how hard they try, the police can't prevent every murder from happening, so get used to a murder happening every now and then. Which is a totally true statement.

Here's what it boils down to: A society that could prevent EVERY SINGLE murder/terrorist attack would be some sort of sci-fi dystopia. At some point you have to figure out where you stand on the freedom/security spectrum. The more security you want, the less freedom you can actually have.

those could be comparable arguments except for the bold and underlined portion. they are not doing everything they can to stop terrorism, or they would have strict immigration and vetting policies.

these people are doing actions that INCREASE chances of terrorist attacks, by flooding western countries with people from hotspots of islamic extremism and then tell us to just get used to terrorist attacks

a better analogy would be "we want to let out violent criminals from prison, sure the murder rate will go up but murder is just a fact of life and we have to get used to it happening every now and again"

Last edited by a moderator:
wow a known trump hater is trying to downplay the threat of terrorism

1450934722407.png

yeah lets just accept these foreigners that admittedly want to kill you and your kids.. you are literally cucked
A lot of irony too since he's a gun controll.

I think what you have here is what occurs when centuries of colonialism come back to haunt the empires. Meanwhile, at the same moment, their societies have become so stupid, arrogant and decadent. They have no survival instincts left. They will rationalize their way out of the fight, and adapt to new masters while at the same time praising themselves wise. What else are they gonna do? They are not the men their grandfathers were. There is no fight left in them.

And considering the nature of terrorist attack, which is an attack on public consciousness, the more numb people get the worse the attacks are going to need to be to jolt people.

But, it is inevitable that if people are exposed to repeated psychological trauma, they will become more and more numb to it. Human nature, and all.

You're a right libertarian, yes?

Do you not fear that persons will instead allow and become numb to expansion of state surveillance into private life? It seems much, much more likely to me, given recent American history, that the citizenry normalize the surveillance state as opposed to ever being okay with terrorists attacks.

It's amazing how much death multiculturalism has caused. Religious wars, race wars, terrorism, slavery, etc., all based on the fact that we don't like people who are different than us. But people still think it's an infallible concept, because we get tacos and sushi.

Honestly I don't think the pros of multiculturalism and diversity truly outweigh the cons at this point in history. Maybe if we can mature as a species then we will eventually get there, but as it is we are simply not there.

You're a right libertarian, yes?

Do you not fear that persons will instead allow and become numb to expansion of state surveillance into private life? It seems much, much more likely to me, given recent American history, that the citizenry normalize the surveillance state as opposed to ever being okay with terrorists attacks.

I'm not a libertarian, but I do lean towards the freedom side of things compared to the Big Brother side of things. I think I am probably just right of center.

But yes, the surveillance state is a big concern, and I would go further and say that elements within the establishment are not really opposed to these sorts of attacks for that reason. They are the same ones pushing open borders mentality to begin with.

There is still homegrown radicalisation and indoctrination going on, from in prisons to mosques, and even in some schools. Europe is cucked beyond belief, and this will never stop. We'd rather virtue-signal and cuddle with the problem, rather than doing anything about it.

Do you think the presence of imperialism abroad is the most pertinent radicalizing factor, or do you think that there is just some poorly defined psuedo-nationalist adaption of religious ideology?

I think there's a good argument to be made, logically, historically, and statistically, that "cuddling" with the problem by (a) removing innocents from external radicalizing forces (i.e. accepting refugees) and (b) removing imperialist provocations would be most effective in reducing terrorist attacks.

There is simply no way, even if you were to invade the rights of resident Muslims and deport them, that any state can rigidly make sure that no Muslim ever enters into its country to perpetrate an attack. So, I'm just not sure what policy approach persons like you condone with you vaguely say we need to "do anything about it."

While it might be technically correct, it gives politicians an endless excuse for failing. Same reason why you won't hear athletes or coaches tell the fan base to get used to losing. That's not a mindset for success, and in many ways can become a self-fulfilling prophesy since you've lowered standards in the culture/community.
The people NEED a hopeful message from the leaders.

There is no hopeful message in London mayor Sadiq Khan's message of "we live in a major international city, quit bitching and own up to volunteering to get slaughtered...because you live in a major international city."

I'm not a libertarian, but I do lean towards the freedom side of things compared to the Big Brother side of things. I think I am probably just right of center.

But yes, the surveillance state is a big concern, and I would go further and say that elements within the establishment are not really opposed to these sorts of attacks for that reason. They are the same ones pushing open borders mentality to begin with.

Huh?

At least in America, that is demonstrably untrue. Republicans have been the operative party in expanding the surveillance state and expanding police power, along with the support of centrist Democrats. That group opposes (fairly aggressively) anything resembling open borders. Meanwhile, the "open borders mentality," which by the way doesn't exist at all, is tied to the far left of the Democratic Party, which is also the faction that has almost universally opposed expansion of the surveillance state.

Huh?

At least in America, that is demonstrably untrue. Republicans have been the operative party in expanding the surveillance state and expanding police power, along with the support of centrist Democrats. That group opposes (fairly aggressively) anything resembling open borders. Meanwhile, the "open borders mentality," which by the way doesn't exist at all, is tied to the far left of the Democratic Party, which is also the faction that has almost universally opposed expansion of the surveillance state.

I'm referring to Oligarchy really. Globalist types, who want to break down borders and at the same type establish more controlled, authoritarian systems. Not a main stream political party, and not specific to a single nation.

I agree in the context of the US, the Republican party is not some bulwark against Big Brother. Not at all.

Who would you say is the actual enemy and what do you propose in fighting back that isnt already being done. Just interested.

Enemy is who acting as one and is getting no equal punishment, is who is acting as an invader war enemy and still is being treated as common criminal (in best case), while staying careful at not create PC scandal, while keeping everything low profile to not interfere with EU mass immigration plans
Enemy is not the good man that come from another country and accept the fact he have to respect host nation's laws, culture and society
immigrant =/= enemy
invader = enemy
Often they are not even immigrant, but 2nd or 3rd gen citiziens of the host nation

What should be done is simple as it sound: peace and support with friends, war with enemies that are already doing war with us
As now with enemies we are doing something hard to define, but sure as fuck is not war

Not that i'm surprised, i expect nothing of all that.
Europe is going to get more mass uncontrolled immigration wich will bring with it more enemies, and both leaders and voters seem to be ok with it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back