Katty Kay: We have to get used to the terror

TourIsOverBoyo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So similar to the war on drugs.

While it might be technically correct, it gives politicians an endless excuse for failing. Same reason why you won't hear athletes or coaches tell the fan base to get used to losing. That's not a mindset for success, and in many ways can become a self-fulfilling prophesy since you've lowered standards in the culture/community.

I disagree.
How so? Terrorists don't even need big elaborate plans like 9/11 to do the job any more. They can just drive a truck into a crowd or swing a machete on a packed train. How do you stop that?

How so? Terrorists don't even need big elaborate plans like 9/11 to do the job any more. They can just drive a truck into a crowd or swing a machete on a packed train. How do you stop that?

By not taking in millions of immigrants from areas with high levels of terrorist activity?

You don't "have to" get used to anything. You can understand it will happen, and work diligently to stop the attacks, intercept them, and work to prevent people from being radicalized by any ideology but you don't "have to get used to it happening". Do I need to also get used to people shooting up schools, their work place and movie theaters too?

You don't "have to" get used to anything. You can understand it will happen, and work diligently to stop the attacks, intercept them, and work to prevent people from being radicalized by any ideology but you don't "have to get used to it happening". Do I need to also get used to people shooting up schools, their work place and movie theaters too?

I'm going to assume that agencies in charge of preventing attacks are doing an earnest effort to prevent them, but that has had the unintended consequence of making terror attacks more low tech, less coordinated, and more unpredictable. At some point it's like trying to fight a swarm of bees. "Getting used to it" is a psychological response. I don't know if it can even be helped.

I'm going to assume that agencies in charge of preventing attacks are doing an earnest effort to prevent them, but that has had the unintended consequence of making terror attacks more low tech, less coordinated, and more unpredictable. At some point it's like trying to fight a swarm of bees. "Getting used to it" is a psychological response. I don't know if it can even be helped.

I think we should make concerted and conscience effort to make sure we don't "get used to" it which is essentially becoming desensitized to it. Becoming desensitized to it ultimately leads to acceptance.

By not taking in millions of immigrants from areas with high levels of terrorist activity?
There are still retroactive refugees/children of refugees to contend with. I suppose one way to attempt to combat it would be to take a total isolationist approach to immigration and travel, and totally block all immigration to and from certain nations. Even then nothing is guaranteed.

You have to at least try before declare something impossible, euro leaders just think all of this is an accettable price for theyr nice globalization design

Enemy side is doing war with the only method avaible to them, our side is just covering shit up with media and sandbagging because all this situation and blood is a nuisance for euro leaders beautiful traitor plan, a war with islam is the very last thing they want

If anything enemy actions are already a problem for EU mission of push europeans to accept as soon as possible third worrld invasion, good luck at have EU itself actually do something that add contrast like actually fight-back

You're fucking joking, right?

I think we should make concerted and conscience effort to make sure we don't "get used to" it which is essentially becoming desensitized to it. Becoming desensitized to it ultimately leads to acceptance.

And considering the nature of terrorist attack, which is an attack on public consciousness, the more numb people get the worse the attacks are going to need to be to jolt people.

But, it is inevitable that if people are exposed to repeated psychological trauma, they will become more and more numb to it. Human nature, and all.

Last edited:
There are still retroactive refugees/children of refugees to contend with. I suppose one way to attempt to combat it would be to take a total isolationist approach to immigration and travel, and totally block all immigration to and from certain nations. Even then nothing is guaranteed.
There is still homegrown radicalisation and indoctrination going on, from in prisons to mosques, and even in some schools. Europe is cucked beyond belief, and this will never stop. We'd rather virtue-signal and cuddle with the problem, rather than doing anything about it.

There is still homegrown radicalisation and indoctrination going on, from in prisons to mosques, and even in some schools. Europe is cucked beyond belief, and this will never stop. We'd rather virtue-signal and cuddle with the problem, rather than doing anything about it.
What's the perfect solution, then?

You have to at least try before declare something impossible, euro leaders just think all of this is an accettable price for theyr nice globalization design

Enemy side is doing war with the only method avaible to them, our side is just covering shit up with media and sandbagging because all this situation and blood is a nuisance for euro leaders beautiful traitor plan, a war with islam is the very last thing they want

If anything enemy actions are already a problem for EU mission of push europeans to accept as soon as possible third worrld invasion, good luck at have EU itself actually do something that add contrast like actually fight-back

Who would you say is the actual enemy and what do you propose in fighting back that isnt already being done. Just interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back