Katie Hopkins (British Ann Coulter) Declares Bankruptcy After Libel Suit

also LOL @ you comparing a refugee organisation to a Trump PAC or the NRA
Is that because you agree with one and not the other?

So are you arguing that she isn't a public figure that utilizes her Twitter to promote her brand?

I'm arguing that it's a fucking dark road you're trying to go down and you know goddamn well it's true. She could die of AIDS tomorrow and I wouldn't care, but you're advocating a lot from society and then have the audacity to bitch when someone you don't like is elected because you wanted a president that's going to "rule' rather than represent or govern.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of the point, isn't it? Why would your only options be donating to something you disagree with or something else you disagree with? That's a totalitarian society which you turds seem to abide as long as it's on your side.
Private citizens legal rights, has nothing to do with totalitarianism. She was offered a private deal which she declined, she went to court and she lost the case.

Private citizens legal rights, has nothing to do with totalitarianism. She was offered a private deal which she declined, she went to court and she lost the case.
Reread my post. Nobody should have the "give to my charity of choosing or lose everything" to make that threat. You'd bitch and moan if a right winger did it.

good.... fuck her.

sei-30252000-559c.jpg

Karma is a motherfucker Katie you hook nosed slout

What a predicament she is now in.

She can either accept complete responsibility for her situation, and prove her statement completely full of shit. Or, she can start blaming everyone else, and prove her statement correct.

Is that because you agree with one and not the other?
na its because one is an actual charity whilst the others are not. Or are you really trying to claim that they are comparable organisations?

She is. It's her personal twiiter, not published in a newspaper. Where exactly is the line between "some random person tweeting to her friends" and someone who should get sued? Are you gonna decide that? That's pretty convenient.

The lines are how many people see it, how does it effect the person that is libeled, and how does the perp act once it's shown they are wrong.

It's fucking England Dude. She made an error and as a result told a malicious lie to millions of people. All she had to do was fucking apologize. Say she was sorry and make a token gesture of 5K to a charity. People apologize in England for the smallest of slights.

But no, instead of doing that she spent hundreds of thousands in legal fees to litigate a completely unwinnable open and shut case of libel. Orders of magnitude more than if she had just done the right thing, admitted her mistake, and settled in the first place.

Judges are actually reluctant to award the victors attorneys fee's in civil litigation, even in the UK. And they only do so when the case is preposterously clear cut, and really should not have been taking the courts time.

You should NOT be bitching about this. Our founding fathers settled this shit with swords and pistols. They gave people a chance to retract and apologize, otherewise it was swords or pistols at dawn. A number of them either went to their own graves early, or sent other people to theirs, because they could not admit they made a mistake or spoke out of turn. Knowing you, that might be your preference though.

Last edited:
Wow, getting a little too sanctimonious in here for me. Why don't you perfect beings go to Katie and set an example for her with your outstanding and noble behavior
I don't know if I can set a example of truly outstanding, noble behavior, but I can certainly help Katie improve. Here goes:

Katie, if you are listening, start by not comparing people to cockroaches and other vermin. That's your first assignment.

Check back next week for lesson two of not being horrible with your professor @luckyshot.

Last edited:
I don't know if I can set a example of true outstanding, noble behavior, but I can certainly help Katie improve. Here goes:

Katie, if you are listening, start by not comparing people to cockroaches and other vermin. That's your first assignment.

Check back next week for lesson two of not being horrible with your professor @luckyshot.

Yessir. It always amuses me when people go out of their way to say things in a way that shocks and outrages, then they fall victim to the shock and outrage they created.

Last edited:
The lines are how many people see it, how does it effect the person that is libeled, and how does the perp act once it's shown they are wrong.

It's fucking England Dude. She made an error and as a result told a malicious lie to millions of people. All she had to do was fucking apologize. Say she was sorry and make a token gesture of 5K to a charity. People apologize in England for the smallest of slights.

But no, instead of doing that she spent $100,000 for her own legal fees to litigate a completely unwinnable open and shut case of libel. And she ended up paying another 100K for the plantiffs legal fees because she should have just settled in the first place.

Judges are actually reluctant to award the victors attorneys fee's in civil litigation, even in the UK. And they only do so when the case is preposterously clear cut, and really should not have been taking the courts time.

You should NOT be bitching about this. Our founding fathers settled this shit with swords and pistols. A number of them either went to their own graves early, or sent other people to theirs, because they could not admit they made a mistake or spoke out of turn. Knowing you, that might be your preference though.

You don't know me, so "knowing you" isn't a thing. It was not an apology the guy demanded, it was a donation to a pro-refugee organization. Let's make it a church, NRA, Trump pac, or anything else you staunchly disagree with. You wouldn't, you know you wouldn't, and you'd go to court, and surely you know England has become a "shithole" if a case about a tweet is "preposterously clear" to not even take the court's time. Do you think it was her who took up the court's time by filing a silly suit?

You don't know me, so "knowing you" isn't a thing. It was not an apology the guy demanded, it was a donation to a pro-refugee organization. Let's make it a church, NRA, Trump pac, or anything else you staunchly disagree with. You wouldn't, you know you wouldn't, and you'd go to court, and surely you know England has become a "shithole" if a case about a tweet is "preposterously clear" to not even take the court's time. Do you think it was her who took up the court's time by filing a silly suit?

If I was a media personality and I blatantly libeled someone, even if by accident, I would apologize and absolutely find a way to make it right. If I could not stomach giving the donation to the organization they wanted me to, I would have just given the cash directly to the person I libeled, and said they can do with it what they will. Then I would have moved on with my life.

People have got this weird idea into their heads in this day and age that admitting that you are wrong is a weakness. It's not. It's a strength. In fact, it's a strength to admit that you might be wrong. That is part of how you learn.

As for England being a shithole due to this issue, I assure you that overall, they are far less litigious society than we are. You may have a different experience than me, but I lived in the UK for 10 years. And I visit for 2-3 weeks at least once and sometimes twice a year., as my wife's parents still live there. Don't believe everything you read about how awful it is.

Last edited:
na its because one is an actual charity whilst the others are not. Or are you really trying to claim that they are comparable organisations?
So it's an "actual charity" only if you agree with it? The NRA is one of the biggest human rights organizations in the world and protects a constitutional right, whereas refugee charities take 90% and give the remaining 10 to people who want to come in and accept more welfare on top of that. If refugees were such a great boon to econmoy and society, they wouldn't need organizations blowing smoke up your assto accept them.

So it's an "actual charity" only if you agree with it? The NRA is one of the biggest human rights organizations in the world and protects a constitutional right, whereas refugee charities take 90% and give the remaining 10 to people who want to come in and accept more welfare on top of that. If refugees were such a great boon to econmoy and society, they wouldn't need organizations blowing smoke up your assto accept them.
lol the NRA are a human rights organisation are they? Dont talk pish.

If I was a media personality and I blatantly libeled someone, even if by accident, I would apologize and absolutely find a way to make it right. If I could not stomach giving the donation to the organization they wanted me to, I would have just given the cash directly to the person I libeled, and said they can do with it what they will. Then I would have moved on with my life.

People have got this weird idea into their heads in this day and age that admitting it you are wrong is a weakness. It's not. It's a strength. In fact, it's a strength to admit that you might be wrong. That is part of how you learn.
Again, it wasn't apologizing or correcting, she did that and still got sued and the guy bragged about getting an absurd settlement over a petty lawsuit. Should Nikki Haley sue the NYT over the accusation that she spent too much money on curtains when it was actually an Obama appointee?

lol the NRA are a human rights organisation are they? Dont talk pish.
Uh, yeah. Their purpose is to protect a constitutional right as a matter of fact. Did you think human rights only pertain to race and sexual orientation?

She could've at least apologized and admitted her mistake while refusing the donation and tried to negotiate some other settlement.

But she didn't and decided to go to court when she was obviously wrong. The libel laws of the UK at too strict for my liking but again, she has no one to blame but herself here and this case is not the hill I'd die on if I wanted to criticize UK libel laws.

Uh, yeah. Their purpose is to protect a constitutional right as a matter of fact. Did you think human rights only pertain to race and sexual orientation?
I think you need to really check what a human rights organisation is..... the NRA are a gun rights organisation, they dont give a fuck about human rights.

She could've at least apologized and admitted her mistake while refusing the donation and tried to negotiate some other settlement.

But she didn't and decided to go to court when she was obviously wrong. The libel laws of the UK at too strict for my liking but again, she has no one to blame but herself here and this case is not the hill I'd die on if I wanted to criticize UK libel laws.
I believe she did apologize and corrected it, saying she mistook this guy's views for Laurie Penny's. I don't know all that much about it, but if we're going with "the law is the law", we should probably all shut up about guy's going to jail for pot. I only said I think this law is silly and someone shouldn't get wiped out for a tweet. I don't know or like Katie Perry, but I don't base anything on whether I like the person.

I think you need to really check what a human rights organisation is..... the NRA are a gun rights organisation, they dont give a fuck about human rights.
We actually have a constitution and the right to bear arms is in the 2nd amendment. FYI, organization is spelled with a "z" and you're still wrong on everything else.

I believe she did apologize and corrected it, saying she mistook this guy's views for Laurie Penny's. I don't know all that much about it, but if we're going with "the law is the law", we should probably all shut up about guy's going to jail for pot. I only said I think this law is silly and someone shouldn't get wiped out for a tweet. I don't know or like Katie Perry, but I don't base anything on whether I like the person.
I'm not saying "the law is the law", I'd be willing to consider cases where the libel laws are too restrictive and harmful just as I am with drug law. But in this case its an obvious wrong committed by Hopkins that she refused to acknowledge and she refused to settle and decided to take to court.

Its like an unsavory pot dealer with a rap sheet who, instead of taking a plea deal, fought the charges despite all the evidence against him and got fucked in the end. The drug laws are oppressive IMO but at point the drug dealer has only himself to blame.

I'm not saying "the law is the law", I'd be willing to consider cases where the libel laws are too restrictive and harmful just as I am with drug law. But in this case its an obvious wrong committed by Hopkins that she refused to acknowledge and she refused to settle and decided to take to court.

Its like an unsavory pot dealer with a rap sheet who, instead of taking a plea deal, fought the charges despite all the evidence against him and got fucked in the end. The drug laws are oppressive IMO but at point the drug dealer has only himself to blame.
Yet I can't think of a single left winger who hasn't entertained the false idea that a majority of the prison population is in there for smoking a joint. We can say we disagree with laws. You disagree with pot laws, I agree with this law. I'm not saying it's not on the books, I'm saying it's a shitty law when someone owes what amounts to a lifetime salary for the average brit just for a tweet. I find it gross that every other country hasn't adopted freedom of speech.

Back