Katie Hopkins (British Ann Coulter) Declares Bankruptcy After Libel Suit

isnt calling her the "British Anne Coulter" libel? hope you got a good lawyer TS
@Quipling @Trotsky

Ain't you dudes lawyers? You're always using big words n shit.

good.... fuck her.

sei-30252000-559c.jpg

Karma is a motherfucker Katie you hook nosed slout
Man, she really does need a job in the Trump administration.

Writing a tweet mistaking Laurie Penny's views for a celebrity chef is enough to bankrupt a millionaire? Great legal system, England. Trump is literally Hitler for calling things libelous, yet it's a great thing and we're all supposed to be cheering because it's Katie Hopkins.
I think it's only enough to bankrupt her because she spent above her means and then lost all her jobs for being a general bad person.

I don't know much about Katie Hopkins, but this article said it was one tweet that a celebrity sued her for and it cost her $500,000 in both sides' legal fees + settlement.

Moral of the story: when you make a living by offending people and pushing the outrage envelop past the bounds of common decency, you can't expect a whole lot of sympathy when your luck runs out.

Now that she has failed at something people can feel like less of a loser who oppose her since they’ve never done shit themselves or even taken a chance where they could fail
<{MindBrown}>

How did you manage to turn this situation into some sort of weird Horatio Alger allegory?

Last edited:
I guess she doesn't have billionaire progressives to pay her bills...

I think it's only enough to bankrupt her because she spent above her means and then lost all her jobs for being a general bad person.

Moral of the story: when you make a living by offending people and pushing the outrage envelop past the bounds of common decency, you can't expect a whole lot of sympathy when your luck runs out.

<{MindBrown}>

How did you manage to turn this situation into some sort of weird Horatio Alger allegory?
It's not a matter of sympathy. I don't know enough about the lady to have an opinion of her one way or the other, but losing half a million bucks over a tweet is pretty concerning.

It's not a matter of sympathy. I don't know enough about the lady to have an opinion of her one way or the other, but losing half a million bucks over a tweet is pretty concerning.
The libel judgment wasn't that much, but as the loser in the lawsuit, she had to pick up legal tabs-- that's what added up. Hopkins could have avoided the whole mess, but instead she chose to fight an expensive legal battle. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The libel judgment wasn't that much, but as the loser in the lawsuit, she had to pick up legal tabs-- that's what added up. Hopkins could have avoided the whole mess, but instead she chose to fight an expensive legal battle. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Right, which is why I said "losing half a million" rather than being fined that much, cause that is what it wound up costing her, and the lawyers wound up winning again as they do in all these cases. Would you donate 10 grand to the NRA over a tweet or would you go to court?

Really?

I would not, could not.

It's like Laura Ingle or Kellyanne. Just no chance I could get a rise.

th

Plus side... You won't remember anything in the morning.

th

Plus side... You won't remember anything in the morning.
I'll take the beer, skip the coitus with the evil harpies. Chalk it up to one of the few benefits of age.

Last edited:
The lesson here is that making a living off of generating controversy is a double-edged sword. I guess Anne Coulter deserves some credit for being able to stick around for so long. Most people who deliberately generate controversy end up getting taken down at some point, but Anne has been at this a long time and, for better or worse, is still going strong.

Meh. It's the cool thing to hate on her and laugh at her downfall so I'm not going to, but even I agree she says stupid / risky stuff at times. She's just a troll that got in over her head.

I'll take the beer, skip the coitus with the evil harpies. Chalk it up to one of the few benefits of age.

Getting a BJ from her is probably like standing at the summit of Everest. Both things are probably pretty cool if you don´t look down.

giphy.gif

The lesson here is that making a living off of generating controversy is a double-edged sword. I guess Anne Coulter deserves some credit for being able to stick around for so long. Most people who deliberately generate controversy end up getting taken down at some point, but Anne has been at this a long time and, for better or worse, is still going strong.
We have much tighter libel laws in the US, too, so that's a factor.

Alex Jones, for example, could have never gotten away with his shtick for as long as he has virtually anyplace else in the world.

Last edited:
Being cunty became just her default setting to the point that nothing he said surprised or shocked anyone anymore , maybe if she had said something decent every now and then she could have kept her whole shtick going a bit longer .

Why didn't she just get the money from the Russians, they fund deplorables world wide.

Back