Kate Jackson vs. Valerie Letourneau (125 lbs, Flyweight) at Bellator 191, December 15, 2017

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Better Every Day

Zhang finishing Andrade avatar
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Valérie Létourneau Faces Kate Jackson In Her Bellator Debut
By
Jim Edwards
October 11, 2017

http://mmauno.com/valerie-letourneau-faces-kate-jackson-in-her-bellator-debut-in-december/

from article:

Jackson (9-2-1) competed on season 23 of The Ultimate Fighter where she beat Irene Cabello and Ashley Yoder before losing to the eventual season winner, Tatiana Suarez. The Brit has already competed for Bellator once back at Bellator 182 in August when she defeated Colleen Schneider via KO/TKO due to an injury at the end of the first round.

The Canadian signed for Bellator back in April following her desire to stop fighting at 115-pounds and move to flyweight. Prior to her decision to moving to Bellator, Létourneau had lost three fights in a row against Joanna Jedrzejczyk, Joanne Calderwood and Viviane Pereira.

Kate Jackson
Capture.PNG

~
Valerie Letourneau
IMG_7957.png

Pulling hard for Val, and I suspect she'll win... but I wouldn't terribly be surprised if Jackson gets it.

One would think is a number 1 contenders fight.

Great fight, should have been in the UFC, no idea who will win.

Valerie would smash the entire top 15 of 125ers in the UFC in one night.

Kate Jackson and Valerie Letourneau have in common that they've both fought Joanna Jedrzejczyk...

Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-vs-Kate-Jackson-fight-video.jpg

valerie-letourneau-ufc-1931.jpg

Can't wait for this fight.

Said no one ever.

Would have been cool to see valerie in the mix for the ufc 125 division. She would smash PVZ any day of the week. Well I hope she gets the title in bellator.

Looking forward to this fight tomorrow.

If Jackson starts grabbing the fence, as she has so often done in the past against tough opponents who have better standup then her, I hope the referee jumps in and stops it. With that said, Jackson is a capable fighter and has the kinds of skills for an upset over Letourneau. Letourneau ought to have an advantage on her feet but the clinch could prove interesting. I find Letourneau too often willing to let herself be taken down, not working hard enough to get up and her grappling isn't so much better that she is assured to submit Jackson.

If Val ends up on the ground after lots of intermediate clinching the fight could be up in the air and won in a coin toss if she isn't able to assert her standup.

Wishing for the best and looking for the best out of both fighters. With a good win either could be a title challenger. Simply a great fight could led the winner to get a title shot.

Back