Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Felice Herrig In The Works For UFC 223 (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Felice-Herrig-Cover-Fitness-Gurls1.jpg
Seems like her underwear is higher on one asscheek

Either Way, would plow

Tough test for Felice Herrig, who is putting together the best streak of her UFC career. I think her momentum gets halted here.

Who wins?

In this interview, Felice revealed that she had a fight booked but couldn't leak who the fight was with yet, but she did say that she asked UFC matchmaker Mick Maynard for the opponent that she got and that he obliged her by giving that opponent to her.

So, apparently, Felice specifically asked for Karolina. And if so, that suggests that she thinks she matches up well with Karolina. This inclines me to favor Felice to win.

Felice Herrig backstage interview at UFC Fight Night 124

Last edited:
I hope you're right man. I like Felice and I hope she wins. I think her vs. Rose would be much more competitive than most would think. Felice is not the best, but she gets the job done. She isn't a boring fighter either. She's put it all together very well lately.

Karolina has a lot of fans and yeah she's very good but I've never been as impressed with her as a lot of other fans are.

I agree 100% that Rose vs Felice would be a good fight, both have really good boxing, and some power. I agree that people sleep on Herrig's ability to make waves in the division, aside from all her out of the ring "provocative" antics, I agree, she always looks to put on show, and looks good out there.

And that's what I was getting at! Yeah she has fans because she's "cute"(looks are subjective and to me she's alright, she's kinda cute but not out of this world like some claim) but aside from that flurry in the 4th round of her fight against Joanna, she hasn't really impressed me at all. Than she got steam rolled by Claudia, which, granted, can happen to anybody, but aside from that, nothing about her recent performances blows my mind. She just knows how to work combinations and angles well, other than that, she's got almost no power, and is kinda meh. Fighters like Rose, Andrade, Claudia, and Joanna, those are people I can all see holding the strap, even Felice down the line, even as a possible contender. But I just don't think Karolina's as good as some people are making her out to be. Dare I say she's a gate keeper at best, she fights for the title, loses, but beats some of the people behind her. I'd rather root for the fighter who's made some progress than a stagnant fighter.

There definitely is not "a hell of a lot more of case" Karolina has been fighting the best girls in the division.

I said for Felice to better than Karolina, and yeah I already covered that, in my last post, I'm replying to your comment about her being taken down by Paige, in which I said Felice would do a helluva lot better than Paige would against Karolina, what part of that didn't you understand? Paige sucks.

KK beats the breaks off that Patrick Swayze in the face looking chick.

Surprised at the minimal amount of Felice ass pics.

I said slightly because lately Felice has been looking pretty good. Selective comprehension.
The level of competition that Felice has been fighting compared to KK is laughable. I think she's going to get completely outclassed everywhere the fight goes.

The level of competition that Felice has been fighting compared to KK is laughable. I think she's going to get completely outclassed everywhere the fight goes.

Again, already covered that in my comment, what does this have to do with your point about Paige, but I guess you're silence on that means we agree, and with that, there's nothing left to discuss, I've already covered the stuff you're saying.

I'm looking forward to this fight, both have a shot at winning.

Karolina Kowalkiewicz has a volume edge in striking and she hits fairly hard and has a nice clinch game. Decent grappling and takedown defense is okay but not great, she is lucky Mizuki didn't try and get the fight to the ground more when they fought as Mizuki had a vast edge on her there when the fight briefly hit the mat. (Mizuki took some criticism for that afterward, understandable she wanted to try and prove her striking though.)

Herrig has capable standup and a decent clinch game. Solid wrestling and probably an edge over Kowalkiewicz there. Herrig can mix up her striking and takedowns fairly well and that could help her striking out versus Kowalkiewicz. Herrig is also somewhat bigger with a longer reach then Kowalkiewicz.

One of Herrig's longtime problems is her state of mind. She has been a "head case" off and on during her combat career. She will admit that herself. If she has her head in the game she is a very capable fighter and that has been the fighter people have been seeing over the past year and half or so. Prior to that she was on the down-swing in her mental state. Herrig was getting close to getting TKO versus Kish when they fought but her wrestling and grappling managed to get her a win there - she fought thru her concerns on the feet (and she was doing fairly well there) and got the job done.

I am not ready to pick a winner yet but I am looking forward to the fight.

Again, already covered that in my comment, what does this have to do with your point about Paige, but I guess you're silence on that means we agree, and with that, there's nothing left to discuss, I've already covered the stuff you're saying.
I misunderstood your comment about paige, and I agree Felice would have a better shot against kk (addressed). The only reason I brought up Paige was to address how mediocre Felice grappling was. I don't think Felice could get kk down or even come close to it. I just find it puzzling that you would slightly favor Felice striking over Karolina after just watching Casey smack her around for 3 rounds. Also we're just having a conversation, so knock off all the passive agreesive bullshit.

Last edited:
I misunderstood your comment about paige, and I agree Felice would have a better shot against kk (addressed). The only reason I brought up Paige was to address how mediocre Felice grappling was. I don't think Felice could get kk down or even come close to it. I just find it puzzling that you would slightly favor Felice striking over Karolina after just watching Casey smack her around for 3 rounds. Also we're just having a conversation, so knock off all the passive agreesive bullshit.

I wouldn't have been so passive had you ignored my initial point, but I apologize, I was just baffled you were saying the same things I did, but not touch on Paige. I see the point you're trying to make now that you said it, but had that been said earlier, the conversation wouldn't be that long, but I'm sorry for the part I played in it too. Could have been less passive aggressive I agree, it's just Paige pisses me off, and I thought you were saying she would do a better Job against KK.

I wouldn't have been so passive had you ignored my initial point, but I apologize, I was just baffled you were saying the same things I did, but not touch on Paige. I see the point you're trying to make now that you said it, but had that been said earlier, the conversation wouldn't be that long, but I'm sorry for the part I played in it too. Could have been less passive aggressive I agree, it's just Paige pisses me off, and I thought you were saying she would do a better Job against KK.
All good.

In this interview, Felice revealed that she had a fight booked but couldn't leak who the fight was with yet, but she did say that she asked UFC matchmaker Mick Maynard for the opponent that she got and that he obliged her by giving that opponent to her.

So, apparently, Felice specifically asked for Karolina. And if so, that suggests that she thinks she matches up well with Karolina. This inclines me to favor Felice to win.

Felice Herrig backstage interview at UFC Fight Night 124

Well she would have to fight better than she did against Casey. I don't know how she got that decision.

Felice has been on fire. Very impressive win streak. But think this is just to big of a step up at the moment. KK 30-27.

disagree, but title shot for Felice if she win this one.

Definitely not. This isn't a bout of contenders Kk got schooled by Claudia and JJ. And Felice needs more names this THEN a number 1 contenders match.

If Jj wants a tuneup for rose2,Felice can do that. While rose fights Tt/AJ winner.

Last edited:
Definitely not. This isn't a bout of contenders Kk got schooled by Claudia and JJ. And Felice needs more names this THEN a number 1 contenders match.

If Jj wants a tuneup for rose2,Felice can do that. While rose fights Tt/AJ winner.
Felice would be at 5 wins in a Row
Show me a better Win Streak at that division.

+ Felice is okay lookin', UFC Will jump all over this one

Back