Karo Parisyan on Nick Diaz, GSP, Matt Serra and choice words for...

To this day I still picture Reggie Warren whenever Karo comes up.

He showed up at his house bro!

Bro bro bro bro bro, remember 2008? Bro.

Thaigo Alves was heart breaking bro. :(

Karo was a beast injuries led to addiction. Guy was tough as shit. I grappled with him in 2004 he was on another level. I had just gotten 3rd stripe on purple belt, had grappled lots of brown's and black belts and he was the best I'd rolled with by far at that time

Right on bro, How long did the match last for?

Karo had some great fights in the UFC and showcased some great throws. Bit of a tool but had some real talent.

No one is perfect bro, tons of shit heads that are infinitely more disrespectful and they seem well liked.

q1Av1eS.gif

He would dump you on your head bro!

Karo was always a arrogant prick.

An arrogant prick or not, he was a beautiful judo master and a true grand master who relied on technique.

Karo vs Diego still one of the best fights i ever saw, was always fun watching him.

I agree, you don't see two great grapplers go at it now a days. I mean you have Khabib but you don't have too many opponents who can match him on the ground on equal terms.

Had some exciting fights... But could never get over the contender hump. Had some slick stuff we had never seen in the octagon before.

He could have become champion, he was infamous for having a shitty diet and didn't train as hard but most importantly, that fall out with Gokor really fucked him up.

Extremely insecure. That was his core issue.

Cant blame him for that, when you are a cage fighter, you have so much to prove and some character flaws can help you rise to the occasion.

This, bro.

He was one of my favourite fighters to watch because he was exciting to watch, win or lose, bro, but there was a point when that was no longer the case, bro.

All in all, bro, I hope he is doing well.

He is now retired bro but he and Gokor made peace and he is back at Hayastan.

I would've liked to see him vs Hughes back in the day. I figure it would've gone a lot like GSP vs Karo went, but I still wanted to see it.

I feel the same, I think he could have caught Hughes in an ankle lock. Dennis Hallman got the jump on Hughes with subs twice they fought. Hallman is a submission wrestler and Karos sub game was tight back then and so, he could have pulled it off!

This just in: UFC fighter better grappler than shersogger 15 years ago, when they were both mildly more relevant.

Some UFC fighters are sherdoggers...

I thought I heard he was supposed to have surgery for a torn muscle in his leg.

Either he or his Dr. decided taking painkillers (prescription heroin) was a better idea.

Truly sucks either way, addiction is a mother.

He tried to shake it off but it became overwhelming. Sucks but back then, guys were too tough for their own good.

hes not looking the greatest?

He is sitting on a couch bro!

Podcast should be called "Bro!, with Karo Parisyan.."

I agree, that would be a beautiful bro-adcast

Mental issues ruined Karo

Mental issues ruin a lot of people. The mind can be the greatest friend or the worse enemy of that individual.

The perscription painkillers like fentanyl, morphine and oxycodone are WORSE than heroin because they are stronger and more addictive

Damn, I thought they were just as bad heroin not worse.

Gsp is part Armenian ?

I call bs on that.

Seems a bit hard to believe but we need GSP to confirm or deny it. More believable than being an alien.

Saw him at a UFC event back then.he looked chill but he simply carry an unapproachable vibe with him so it was mostly diehard judo mma fanatics that got excited.

What do you mean unapproachable? How long was this ago?

He showed up at his house bro!

Thaigo Alves was heart breaking bro. :(

Right on bro, How long did the match last for?

No one is perfect bro, tons of shit heads that are infinitely more disrespectful and they seem well liked.

He would dump you on your head bro!

An arrogant prick or not, he was a beautiful judo master and a true grand master who relied on technique.

I agree, you don't see two great grapplers go at it now a days. I mean you have Khabib but you don't have too many opponents who can match him on the ground on equal terms.

He could have become champion, he was infamous for having a shitty diet and didn't train as hard but most importantly, that fall out with Gokor really fucked him up.

Cant blame him for that, when you are a cage fighter, you have so much to prove and some character flaws can help you rise to the occasion.

He is now retired bro but he and Gokor made peace and he is back at Hayastan.

I feel the same, I think he could have caught Hughes in an ankle lock. Dennis Hallman got the jump on Hughes with subs twice they fought. Hallman is a submission wrestler and Karos sub game was tight back then and so, he could have pulled it off!

Some UFC fighters are sherdoggers...

He tried to shake it off but it became overwhelming. Sucks but back then, guys were too tough for their own good.

He is sitting on a couch bro!

Would read, however there is a severe lack of "bro" being used.

Needs more bro?

'Do you know who I am?'

Yeah some guy who had a mental breakdown. Thats who the fook you are!

I agree, that would be a beautiful bro-adcast

Mental issues ruin a lot of people. The mind can be the greatest friend or the worse enemy of that individual.

Damn, I thought they were just as bad heroin not worse.

Seems a bit hard to believe but we need GSP to confirm or deny it. More believable than being an alien.

What do you mean unapproachable? How long was this ago?
Oxy and morphine are extremely expensive illegally (hell their expensive legally but insurance pays for most of it).

Heroin is their cheap, easily accessible cousin.

'Do you know who I am?'

Yeah some guy who had a mental breakdown. Thats who the fook you are!

At least he fought like a warrior since the age of 14 and wasn't like todays fighters who gas and pussy out of fights after getting hit with a 1-2 punch!

Oxy and morphine are extremely expensive illegally (hell their expensive legally but insurance pays for most of it).

Heroin is their cheap, easily accessible cousin.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know H was cheap. Apparently some a-holes are mixing Fentanyl with it.

https://www.statnews.com/2016/09/29/why-fentanyl-is-deadlier-than-heroin/

On the left is a lethal dose of heroin, equivalent to about 30 milligrams; on the right is a 3-milligram dose of fentanyl, enough to kill an average-sized adult male.

Heroin-Fentanyl-vials-NHSPFL-1024x576.jpg

I haven't heard from Karo for a long ass time. Seems like he's gained a ton of humility over the years which is cool.

Heroin is their cheap, easily accessible cousin.

EDIT: for f up.

I didn't know H was cheap. Apparently some a-holes are mixing Fentanyl with it.

Heroin-Fentanyl-vials-NHSPFL-1024x576.jpg

https://www.statnews.com/2016/09/29/why-fentanyl-is-deadlier-than-heroin/

On the left is a lethal dose of heroin, equivalent to about 30 milligrams; on the right is a 3-milligram dose of fentanyl, enough to kill an average-sized adult male.

One of my favorites, his fights with Sanchez and Diaz are two of my favorites

Yes even though he was a prick I enjoyed his fights.His judo was awesome to watch.

Had some exciting fights... But could never get over the contender hump. Had some slick stuff we had never seen in the octagon before.
Beating Nick Diaz, Chris Lytle, and Matt Serra in a row. Then pulled a hamstring and couldn't fight Hughes for the title. I gotta be honest, he prob would have beaten Hughes and became Champion.

Got hooked on the painkillers and messed him all up mentally. You can tell from the video above that he isn't the same as he used to be.

This, bro.

He was one of my favourite fighters to watch because he was exciting to watch, win or lose, bro, but there was a point when that was no longer the case, bro.

All in all, bro, I hope he is doing well.

Yes! .. bro

was just watching gsp vs hughes 2 a while ago... karo woulda been proud of that sweep gsp landed on hughes. was fkn awesome

I've heard nothing but good things about karos grappling strength and judo tech, I've also heard he's a fucking asshole of a guy to be around.

Back