Karim Mayfield

agibmxmma

Ex Pro Fighter. Omerta, Live Aloha!
@Black
Reaction score
Karim Mayfield was in the corner of Jeremiah Labiano this weekend at the Bellator event. Karim has helped Melendez, Nate Diaz, Max Gardner, etc.. Get ready for mma fights. Karim has been training mma at El Nino, with Team Black, at Crispimbjj, Diaz Academy and Pacific Ring.. but says he's not sure if the mma move is next. As a personal friend of Karim since youth, I've always thought he would've done a lot better in mma. Any thoughts on how you think he would do if he were to transition to mma?

Karim Mayfield was in the corner of Jeremiah Labiano this weekend at the Bellator event. Karim has helped Melendez, Nate Diaz, Max Gardner, etc.. Get ready for mma fights. Karim has been training mma at El Nino, with Team Black, at Crispimbjj, Diaz Academy and Pacific Ring.. but says he's not sure if the mma move is next. As a personal friend of Karim since youth, I've always thought he would've done a lot better in mma. Any thoughts on how you think he would do if he were to transition to mma?
No idea who that is.
Seems like a decent national level boxer, not world.
Being a close personal friend of his tell/show us his ground game or take downs or mauy thai if he ever train in any thing else for fun.

No idea who that is.
Seems like a decent national level boxer, not world.
Being a close personal friend of his tell/show us his ground game or take downs or mauy thai if he ever train in any thing else for fun.
Was more or less asking the boxing fans, being this is a boxing forum, I would assume those posting in this forum actually follow the sport of boxing. If they do, they def have heard of Mayfield. But in regards to what you ask, I mention where he trains mma and with who in my initial post. I myself turned pro in mma in 2013, Karim turned pro in boxing in early 2000s.. we grew up in martial arts, training dif arts, as we had Fairtex SF plus Ralph Gracie school in San Francisco easily accessible, plus King's boxing gym in Oakland, along with the vast majority of various gyms with pro mma talent training in the area.

Tell Karim I said I watched him fight Herrera at Turning Stone, shout out from upstate NY.

I guess it depends on the money right now, imo. His style is rough, he's not a huge puncher but he can club you around when he wants to. He's got good pressure, he's tough to deal with b/c of that rough style. His stamina always seems on point. I don't know how his tdd is or his grappling is overall but I'd expect he'd be pretty good at pushing guys back against the fence and putting in work in the clinch.

He seems like a strong dude, his boxing style is conducive to that close range, inside fighting against the fence, imo. I think he could tire some guys out and club the shit out of them but like I said matters more about his motivation to switch, how well rounded he is with the ground, and how the money will add up.

Was more or less asking the boxing fans, being this is a boxing forum, I would assume those posting in this forum actually follow the sport of boxing. If they do, they def have heard of Mayfield. But in regards to what you ask, I mention where he trains mma and with who in my initial post. I myself turned pro in mma in 2013, Karim turned pro in boxing in early 2000s.. we grew up in martial arts, training dif arts, as we had Fairtex SF plus Ralph Gracie school in San Francisco easily accessible, plus King's boxing gym in Oakland, along with the vast majority of various gyms with pro mma talent training in the area.
None of this answer my question, Tim Bradley spars Cub Swanson all the time in sparring all the time and their close friends. Tells me nothing about his ground game.
Did he roll with Diaz on the mat?

Either Way good luck to him if he's serious about transitioning.

If you're good with your hands you really have nothing to worry about in mma.

Grappling is super easy to counter (just ask S.Rico)....

He was obviously a good athlete and physically strong for his weight. Based on that alone, one might expect him to be half decent. Tough to say anything definitive without seeing him grapple before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back