Karate Combat

Thanks for the suggestion, however, I'm not doing a search on Sherdog for topics. This is not a research database for me. It is just seeing current people with their current thoughts on a topic.

Think of it this way, will science ever just review old material to come up with or enforce a theory? No, they'll replicate the same thing at a later time, and see if those things are accurate or has something new been added.

Things change with time. Just as with the One Punch KO thread I posted recently. Has the thread been done before? Probably. Have there been more One Punch KOs since then? Probably yes as well. I'm personally not searching through threads, and organizing dates, this is not a library. lol

I think they just had an event recently in Karate Combat, could be mistaken. I like the touch of Bas Rutten, and what he brings. Hopefully they'll be more fights, and it will be allowed to grow and expand.

Thanks for the input.

Are you serious?

I don't really care what your opinion is about searching topics to be honest.

The reason I mentioned that is because those threads I'm talking about are not "old", they're from August and September - just a few weeks ago. People will not necessarily want to go through the same stuff they've thoroughly discussed for several pages of comments already only a few weeks ago. The 'current people' are the exact same people as a few weeks ago and their 'current thoughts' will be the same as last time as Karate Combat hasn't changed and there hasn't been new events since.

My point when telling you to look for those threads is:
1- There's a lot of information in those threads about what you're asking here, which should be interesting to look at.
2- Don't be surprised if you don't get many responses on here as people have already discussed it a lot and might not want to put that much effort into it again.

Let's not even bring science in comparison, please. Scientists do their research.

and i think they're emphasizing 'technology' too much...people just wanna watch fights and not see heartrates or temperature...

I've always been interested in knowing the rectal temperatures of the best fighters.

Are you serious?

I don't really care what your opinion is about searching topics to be honest.

The reason I mentioned that is because those threads I'm talking about are not "old", they're from August and September - just a few weeks ago. People will not necessarily want to go through the same stuff they've thoroughly discussed for several pages of comments already only a few weeks ago. The 'current people' are the exact same people as a few weeks ago and their 'current thoughts' will be the same as last time as Karate Combat hasn't changed and there hasn't been new events since.

My point when telling you to look for those threads is:
1- There's a lot of information in those threads about what you're asking here, which should be interesting to look at.
2- Don't be surprised if you don't get many responses on here as people have already discussed it a lot and might not want to put that much effort into it again.

Let's not even bring science in comparison, please. Scientists do their research.

If they do not wish to reply, then they don't have to.

Karate Combat: One World just took place recently (9/27 I believe) so perhaps new opinions have been formed since then. Perhaps new members have joined the forum since the original thread.

The discussion is ever changing, and evolving. It shouldn't be a closed conversation because someone posted a similar thread a couple of months ago.

If you don't wish to post then don't. Maybe someone will benefit from this thread.

If you don't care about my opinion then don't bother replying, because you will inevitably get my opinion.

haha yeah and it was amazing successfull, although I myself never knew that, and I dont think most others did either. Most think of k1 as kickboxing rather than karate. I think something in the GI or at least the pants, but full rules would be good. plus k1 had such a big muay thai and kickboxing influence, it didnt really seem like karate. we have already been over this before, I like kudo for example, its full contact, but the guys have a TMA base so how they kick and move etc is different.

Well the first participants were mostly Karateka's, and it was usually Knockdown rules followed by Kickboxing rules within the same fight.

But then you had all kinds of fighters who either had another background and came in, or simply trained specifically for that ruleset and became 'K-1 rules' Kickboxers (think Dutch Kickboxers for instance).

If they do not wish to reply, then they don't have to.

Karate Combat: One World just took place recently (9/27 I believe) so perhaps new opinions have been formed since then. Perhaps new members have joined the forum since the original thread.

The discussion is ever changing, and evolving. It shouldn't be a closed conversation because someone posted a similar thread a couple of months ago.

If you don't wish to post then don't. Maybe someone will benefit from this thread.

If you don't care about my opinion then don't bother replying, because you will inevitably get my opinion.

Hopefully someone else comes in and posts a new thread about Karate Combat after you. We could make a new Karate Combat thread every month and spread the replies and knowledge across dozens of threads. Sounds quite practical.

There's nothing wrong with reviving threads from a few weeks ago that's all. But if you want to have ego about it and go on the defensive instead of acknowledging that there are already plenty of those threads laying about from a weeks ago then whatever.

Hopefully someone else comes in and posts a new thread about Karate Combat after you. We could make a new Karate Combat thread every month and spread the replies and knowledge across dozens of threads. Sounds quite practical.

There's nothing wrong with reviving threads from a few weeks ago that's all. But if you want to have ego about it and go on the defensive instead of acknowledging that there are already plenty of those threads laying about from a weeks ago then whatever.

Personally, it wouldn't matter to me if someone posted another thread in the next five minutes. I'm not the Thread Police, maybe he gets a reply that benefits him. I'm not defensive. Thanks for the input.

Personally, it wouldn't matter to me if someone posted another thread in the next five minutes. I'm not the Thread Police, maybe he gets a reply that benefits him. I'm not defensive. Thanks for the input.

Don't ever disrespect the thread police.

52b7278b-d23b-41bf-8569-f216c870c507.jpg

Well the first participants were mostly Karateka's, and it was usually Knockdown rules followed by Kickboxing rules within the same fight.

But then you had all kinds of fighters who either had another background and came in, or simply trained specifically for that ruleset and became 'K-1 rules' Kickboxers (think Dutch Kickboxers for instance).

than buakaw came in and destroyed everyone with MT for the win! then they had to modify the rules and make 1 knee per clinch so he wouldnt smash everyone. lol, kinda joking here but by the time I caught on to k1, it was not viewed as karate to me at all, but more like MT without elbows. All the big name MT fighters were on it at the time. hoost, remy, JWP, buakaw, etc. could we even call k1 kickboxing golden era? k1 was a hell of a lot better than glory IMO.

than buakaw came in and destroyed everyone with MT for the win! then they had to modify the rules and make 1 knee per clinch so he wouldnt smash everyone. lol, kinda joking here but by the time I caught on to k1, it was not viewed as karate to me at all, but more like MT without elbows. All the big name MT fighters were on it at the time. hoost, remy, JWP, buakaw, etc. could we even call k1 kickboxing golden era? k1 was a hell of a lot better than glory IMO.

Realistically though Buakaw had been fighting since a child and had close to 200 fights already, not really comparable in experience vs the guys he fought in K-1. Another factor as well is that most of the Karate guys in K-1 fought at Heavyweight (open weight); Masaaki Satake, Glaube Teixeira, Andy Hug, Sam Greco, Nicholas Pettas, Francisco Filho, Semmy Schilt etc. you gotta take that into consideration. I don't really see Hoost and Remy as MT or "MT big names", more like Dutch Kickboxing. Buakaw and Parr definitely MT though.

But yeah the Japanese didn't take too well what Buakaw did to their star Masato, that's for sure :)

It's great for Karate guys obviously, but I don't think it will be mainstream. If they add elbows it may result in some brutal fights tho, and thay would bring some fans.

Realistically though Buakaw had been fighting since a child and had close to 200 fights already, not really comparable in experience vs the guys he fought in K-1. Another factor as well is that most of the Karate guys in K-1 fought at Heavyweight (open weight); Masaaki Satake, Glaube Teixeira, Andy Hug, Sam Greco, Nicholas Pettas, Francisco Filho, Semmy Schilt etc. you gotta take that into consideration. I don't really see Hoost and Remy as MT or "MT big names", more like Dutch Kickboxing. Buakaw and Parr definitely MT though.

But yeah the Japanese didn't take too well what Buakaw did to their star Masato, that's for sure :)

yeah i was just joking and talking crap........."MT is the best" type stuff.

No love for Shin Karate. :(

Trust me as a Kyokushin guy I cained all those youtube fights already. Shin Karate is very small though.

But yeah essentially it's the same rules as K-1 just the gi, tatami and judging format is different.

Trust me as a Kyokushin guy I cained all those youtube fights already. Shin Karate is very small though.

But yeah essentially it's the same rules as K-1 just the gi, tatami and judging format is different.

are you guys saying shin for short for kyokushin? or is there another type of karate called shin or something? I am confused.......we all know I like kyokushin though

No love for Shin Karate. :(

so this is exaclty what I have always been yapping about. this is exactly what karate needs, this is real karate right here! now just put these duded in a cage instead of open mat.......I think it would catch on, and give them MMA gloves instead.

so this is exaclty what I have always been yapping about. this is exactly what karate needs, this is real karate right here! now just put these duded in a cage instead of open mat.......I think it would catch on, and give them MMA gloves instead.

Caged Kyokushin would be a cool concept. Hopefully someone will try it out. I love Kyokushin and Muay thai. I find them very compatible so I never understood the whole one or the other nonsense.

are you guys saying shin for short for kyokushin? or is there another type of karate called shin or something? I am confused.......we all know I like kyokushin though

Shin Karate [or New Karate] is the name of the format. Its open to all Karate styles [much like Karate Combat is] it was originally known as K-2 since it was a feeder system for K-1 to give Karate fighters a chance to fight and gain experience under K-1 rules before jumping into K-1. Hence why you saw Nicolas Pettas in that video [along with Glaube Feitosa in a traditional Knockdown rules match] When K-1 collapsed it rebranded itself to Shin Karate [or New Karate since Shin means New or True in Japanese] and still holds events.

Here's the link to their site .
http://www.shinkarate.net/

and Youtube page
https://www.youtube.com/user/shinkaratek2k3k4

Shin Karate [or New Karate] is the name of the format. Its open to all Karate styles [much like Karate Combat is] it was originally known as K-2 since it was a feeder system for K-1 to give Karate fighters a chance to fight and gain experience under K-1 rules before jumping into K-1. Hence why you saw Nicolas Pettas in that video [along with Glaube Feitosa in a traditional Knockdown rules match] When K-1 collapsed it rebranded itself to Shin Karate [or New Karate since Shin means New or True in Japanese] and still holds events.

Here's the link to their site .
http://www.shinkarate.net/

and Youtube page
https://www.youtube.com/user/shinkaratek2k3k4

nice, i am a fan of karate

Back