Karate Combat ( full contact karate with mma gloves)

Darkgsp

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So for all you Stephen "wonder boy" Thompson fans who like his point karate fight style you might like this

It's called "Karate Combat " its a new full contact karate fighting organisation with mma gloves ...... oh yes they fight in a pit ..... remember YAMMA ? lol

here are some gifs:

So for all you Stephen "wonder boy" Thompson fans who like his point karate fight style you might like this

It's called "Karate Combat " its a new full contact karate fighting organisation with mma gloves ...... oh yes they fight in a pit ..... remember YAMMA ? lol

here are some gifs:

You could pull off some easy headkicks with that slope.
<{jackyeah}>

Those gifs don't make it look all that exciting, but I will give it a shot. GO KARATE!

Those gifs don't make it look all that exciting, but I will give it a shot. GO KARATE!
Too me it looks like what someone in the 80's would think MMA would look like in the future......

how is it any different from mma besides the pit?

Sometimes I wonder if MMA fans know the difference between karate and Taekwondo.

nzHns.gif

Doesn't look much like a pit....more of a small depression......prefer Muay Thai in a cage with MMA gloves......
Rumor has it if you watch too much Karate Combat in their shallow pit you will fall into a small depression i know i did

how is it any different from mma besides the pit?
If this is the thing Bas was talking about then they only get 5 seconds to ground and pound before a stand up. Also I think it's strike only on the ground and possibly no clinch.

Sometimes I wonder if MMA fans know the difference between karate and Taekwondo.

What IS the difference?

I know that TKD is kicks only, and some kinds of Karate do punches and kicks, like Kyokushin...

What IS the difference?

I know that TKD is kicks only, and some kinds of Karate do punches and kicks, like Kyokushin...

TKD is not kicks only. Olympic TKD doesnt really score punches so that BS competition looks like kicks only. In my experience Karate is more hands based and TKD is more kicks based. For a long time now competition like point fighting has combined karate and TKD. So what you see is kind of a blend of the 2.

TKD is not kicks only. Olympic TKD doesnt really score punches so that BS competition looks like kicks only. In my experience Karate is more hands based and TKD is more kicks based. For a long time now competition like point fighting has combined karate and TKD. So what you see is kind of a blend of the 2.
You must have so much experience.

it's really not. every competioner in there is a life long karateka, most of them stemming from Shotokan.

Back