Karate blackbelts in MMA

NEW FIGHTER ADDED !!!

NAME: Alain Ngalani
STYLE: Koshiki, Shotokan, Kyokushin
RECORD: 2-2 (25-7 kickboxing)
WIKI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_Ngalani

Ngalani started learning Judo at the age of six, following his brothers. He started showing ability early, winning back-to-back junior tournaments in Cameroon and all over Africa. He was influenced by his mother, who loved the sport and wanted her boys to learn discipline and focus their energy positively. As a youth he cut down to judo training and went on to study other styles such as Shotokan Karate, Savate, full-contact kickboxing, Koshiki Karate, Muay Thai, Kyokushin Karate and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.

mahmoud-hassan-vs-alain-ngalani-1.gif

OK, this is interesting.
Conor McGregor watching a Karate demo (yes, it's sport Karate and their shouting is cringe-worthy, sorry for that) and then speaking not only with respect but with actual PRAISE for Karate and TMAs in general! Did not expect that from Connor. (he starts speaking around 4:10 in the vid)

LOL, I've been saying for a while MMA guys train like running backs not martial artists.
Building crossfit endurance is great but it's only a substitute to good technique. Kinetic energy principles dictate that speed + power. If you are slow and strong you can KO with brute strength, but more effectivelly you can KO with precision, timing and speed. I guess if your aim is to beat guys down than anyway you do it is fine. If you want to do it efficiently with skill and speed, than TMA perfected it over the centuries.

Conor is right, relaxed and fluid is much faster than tense and blocky. The downside is it takes longer to train and be effective relaxed.

LOL, I've been saying for a while MMA guys train like running backs not martial artists.
Building crossfit endurance is great but it's only a substitute to good technique. Kinetic energy principles dictate that speed + power. If you are slow and strong you can KO with brute strength, but more effectivelly you can KO with precision, timing and speed. I guess if your aim is to beat guys down than anyway you do it is fine. If you want to do it efficiently with skill and speed, than TMA perfected it over the centuries.

Conor is right, relaxed and fluid is much faster than tense and blocky. The downside is it takes longer to train and be effective relaxed.
i think the grappling dictates alot of why people people tend to get thick and bulky. I think it depends on the fighters build and style.

i think the grappling dictates alot of why people people tend to get thick and bulky. I think it depends on the fighters build and style.
Well, it also has something to do with padding the body with muscle as a means of passive defense. Just gotta find the middle ground I guess.

Well, it also has something to do with padding the body with muscle as a means of passive defense. Just gotta find the middle ground I guess.
true, I just dont think everyone can be a conor mcgregor. part of why i like UFC is all the different types of fighters and approaches. Allthough I think tma could teach alot to them. especially the kung fu. Michael Venom Page actually started out in Lau Gar I beleive

true, I just dont think everyone can be a conor mcgregor. part of why i like UFC is all the different types of fighters and approaches. Allthough I think tma could teach alot to them. especially the kung fu. Michael Venom Page actually started out in Lau Gar I beleive
He did, you're right, though he describes his style as "hands down kickboxing created from a mishmash of taekwondo, karate, and kung fu styles competing under a points scoring ruleset". And it looks amazing, I may add.

He did, you're right, though he describes his style as "hands down kickboxing created from a mishmash of taekwondo, karate, and kung fu styles competing under a points scoring ruleset". And it looks amazing, I may add.

haha i like seeming him do those meat and potatoe mma strikers dirty.

haha i like seeming him do those meat and potatoe mma strikers dirty.
Come to think of it - why the hell isn't Page in the UFC?! He is incredibly entertaining, talented, still undefeated, with enough skill to challenge the title and potential to draw millions.

He's a WW right? Imagine Page vs Woodley! And Page vs Wonderboy!

Come to think of it - why the hell isn't Page in the UFC?! He is incredibly entertaining, talented, still undefeated, with enough skill to challenge the title and potential to draw millions.

Bellator is probably holding on to him as much as they can. Also, he's an amazing striker but I think his grappling would be his downfall against the top UFC fighters, at least that's the impression I have. I'm sure he'll end up there eventually after a few more fights.

Bellator is probably holding on to him as much as they can. Also, he's an amazing striker but I think his grappling would be his downfall against the top UFC fighters, at least that's the impression I have. I'm sure he'll end up there eventually after a few more fights.
Gotta work on his TDD and ground defense and he might as well go the Wonderboy route.

Don't mean no offence by this but why is no-one addressing the elephant in the room with Alain Ngalani.

I mean if he's natural he must be eating more horse meat than overeem was.

Overeem-Horse.gif

Don't mean no offence by this but why is no-one addressing the elephant in the room with Alain Ngalani.

Overeem-Horse.gif

Hose meat is actually delicious. The real one that is!

he's being brought along slowly, which is good for him imo.

Where did you get that?

A tiny little place in Baltimore, MD. They had all kinds of exotic meats like alligator, ostrich, camel and elk, plus a huge beer menu. I can't remember the name but it was on another level.

A tiny little place in Baltimore, MD. They had all kinds of exotic meats like alligator, ostrich, camel and elk, plus a huge beer menu. I can't remember the name but it was on another level.

Camel is the only one I haven't had in that list. Elk is very common in Northern Europe and ostrich is quite easy to get around here too. Just found an article saying camel is one of the healthiest red meats:
http://healthyfoods111111.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/camel-meat-healthier-than-red-meat.html

Overeem-Horse.gif
To be fair, Alain never changed weight classes.
Guess he was born this way. :D

Back