Karate blackbelts in MMA

No, just known as Kickboxing
no, the whole world calls it point karate other than the uk and that area of the world. Wonderboy Thompson used to do the same thing and he is known as a karate guy because of all the point karate he did.

no, the whole world calls it point karate other than the uk and that area of the world. Wonderboy Thompson used to do the same thing and he is known as a karate guy because of all the point karate he did.
The whole world must be USA for you, so Karate doesn't use the white gi now

The whole world must be USA for you, so Karate doesn't use the white gi now
well, we were among the first to do full contact/semi contact point karate, so I'd think I would know. also you'll not machida and wonderboy don't fight in a gi.

well, we were among the first to do full contact/semi contact point karate, so I'd think I would know. also you'll not machida and wonderboy don't fight in a gi.
Machida fought with a gi, Wonderboy comes from American Kickboxing

Let's say is Karate, show me somebody from a Japanese Karate Dojo that fights like these point fighters

Last edited:
Machida fought with a gi, Wonderboy comes from American Kickboxing

Let's say is Karate, show me somebody from a Japanese Karate Dojo that fights like these point fighters
american kickboxing is karate. You know muay thai? well at some point they incorporated some boxing techniques. its still muay thai. also wonderboy is a black belt in karate.

Last edited:
american kickboxing is karate. You know muay thai? well at some point they incorporated some boxing techniques. its still muay thai. also wonderboy is a black belt in karate.
Thais don't changed the name to "Thai Kickboxing"
I said before that Kickboxing in Japan was an evolution of Karate, is not Karate anymore, come on for Kickboxing semi light or full contact you train in a gym, no katas, no gi etc.
Wonderboy is black belt in Kempo Karate.. some hybrid shit, i think from karate just has the name

Last edited:
Thais don't changed the name to "Thai Kickboxing"
I said before that Kickboxing in Japan was an evolution of Karate, is not Karate anymore, come on for Kickboxing semi light or full contact you train in a gym, no katas, no gi etc.
Wonderboy is black belt in Kempo Karate.. some hybrid shit, i think from karate just has the name
it isnt american kempo. also kickboxing in japan and what they call kickboxing elsewhere are different.

lol Michael Page is not Karate

Who is using Karate besides Machida ?

Here you go - the man said it himself.

In case you didn't hear or see the video - "I've been in sports karate for years since I was 3 years old" - MVP.

In the case of Wonderboy Thompson - there are plenty of interviews where he explicitly states his background is traditional karate. Youtube is your friend.

Pretty much everything else you've said is verbal diarrhoea. My guess is you don't even bang bro.

In case you didn't hear or see the video - "I've been in sports karate for years since I was 3 years old" - MVP.

In the case of Wonderboy Thompson - there are plenty of interviews where he explicitly states his background is traditional karate. Youtube is your friend.

Pretty much everything else you've said is verbal diarrhoea. My guess is you don't even bang bro.

Show me he fighting with the Karate gi and Karatekas fighting like Wonderboy

2nd degree black belt in Shotokan Karate Kyoji Horiguchi KOs Ian McCall in just 9 seconds to improve his overall record to an amazing 24-2! His most recent loss was way back in 2015 to the GOAT Flyweight himself Demetrious Johnson.

If I say I'm a bear, does that make me a bear? :)

What they call "sports karate" is essentially what most of us call American style kickboxing.

If you think about it they don't do proper Kihon or Kata, they don't wear gi's, and their competition format is essentially Kickboxing with the long pants and no low-kicks.

My friends trains and competes in that format in the UK and they call it Kickboxing not Sports Karate.

Look at those below videos of Michael Page in those competitions and tell me if as a Karateka you consider that "sports karate". I can also guarantee you that you won't find any video of Michael Page wearing a gi.

WAKO stands for The World Association of Kickboxing Organisations by the way.

Last edited:
If I say I'm a bear, does that make me a bear? :)

What they call "sports karate" is essentially what most of us call American style kickboxing.

If you think about it they don't do proper Kihon or Kata, they don't wear gi's, and their competition format is essentially Kickboxing with the long pants and no low-kicks.

My friends trains and competes in that format in the UK and they call it Kickboxing not Sports Karate.

Look at those below videos of Michael Page in those competitions and tell me if as a Karateka you consider that "sports karate". For me "sports Karate" is the WKF type of competitions.

WAKO stands for The World Association of Kickboxing Organisations by the way.

Sport Karate / American Kickboxing is this half-breed bastard child that nobody wants. Traditional Karate guys scoff and call it "sloppy kickboxing". Kickboxers scoff and call it "sloppy Karate".

I've been generous enough to offer it a cozy spot on my Karate fighters list and now I'm getting flak. :p

Back