Kanye West/Trump Meeting

Has anyone suggested his opinions should be shut down because he's a celebrity using his stardom to advance a political view?

That seems right popular these days

He's boofing the POTUS, you know they can't let that opportunity pass. They finally found one!

You can agree with him or not. You can think he’s misinformed or uneducated. But at least he’s not attacking one side. He is defending himself but for the most part he’s been very civil. For a guy that has been insulted the way he has he really has conducted himself in a dignified manner.

That’s actually more than the Prez, politicians and media have done

He may be an idiot. But the guy has thick skin

This is true as well. T.I, 50 Cent, and that dope head Snoop Dogg have been calling him a 'sambo', Uncle Tom, and a sellout and Kanye has mostly shrugged it off. I remember when that Van Lathan chump was yelling and getting all emotional at some comments Kanye made on TMZ. Literally looked like he wanted to fight him because Ye said something he didn't agree with. This is what infuriates me about the black community. When guys like Van Lathan won't attack racist white folks with this type of fury but he'll attack another black man for having a difference of opinion.

Democrats be like "Kanye is a damn token negro for the Republicans, dat's wacist!!!. Now we have to get our own token negros to attack him on social media".

I don't think you know what "token" means

I didn't say it was a big deal. I said the goal of wanting to trigger libs is fucking immature.

Are you in high school? If not, grow up.

I don’t necessarily enjoy triggering muh libs, but it’s eye opening and telling how the the people you know will get triggered....always do. I don’t have the highest opinion of Kanye, but he’s there talking to Trump about issues that are important to him, mainly Chicago violence etc. That’s more than I can say for these other black rappers/celebs calling Kanye a coon and Uncle Tom (heh he wasn’t even the bad figure in the book) and mentally unstable (essentially degredading those with mental issues btw) ....he’s trying another form of communication with our President. For two years they “have been going at that mans neck” like he said and nothing positive has come from it. Can something positive come from this meeting? Who knows but at least he’s trying to talk to Trump instead of leading some goof resistance that gets him a million praises but in the end does nothing

Meanwhile you have the likes on CNN calling him an illiterate negro and saying his mother must be rolling in her grave....how low can they go? Very immature wouldn’t you say?

I don’t necessarily enjoy triggering muh libs, but it’s eye opening and telling how the the people you know will get triggered....always do. I don’t have the highest opinion of Kanye, but he’s there talking to Trump about issues that are important to him, mainly Chicago violence etc. That’s more than I can say for these other black rappers/celebs calling Kanye a coon and Uncle Tom (heh he wasn’t even the bad figure in the book) and mentally unstable (essentially degredading those with mental issues btw) ....he’s trying another form of communication with our President. For two years they “have been going at that mans neck” like he said and nothing positive has come from it. Can something positive come from this meeting? Who knows but at least he’s trying to talk to Trump instead of leading some goof resistance that gets him a million praises but in the end does nothing

Meanwhile you have the likes on CNN calling him an illiterate negro and saying his mother must be rolling in her grave....how low can they go? Very immature wouldn’t you say?
Idk man, that was very obviously a publicity stunt for everyone. Kayne was pretty incoherent on there, but whatever not a big deal. The idea that the president would discuss policy issues with him, in front of cameras, instead of experts is ridiculous. With life on earth end? No. But it's obviously just an opportunity for both guys to get in the news.

Idk man, that was very obviously a publicity stunt for everyone. Kayne was pretty incoherent on there, but whatever not a big deal. The idea that the president would discuss policy issues with him, in front of cameras, instead of experts is ridiculous. With life on earth end? No. But it's obviously just an opportunity for both guys to get in the news.

Eh everything is a publicity stunt these days if you choose to see it that way. I’m just saying I respect the fact that he went there and talked to Trump instead of the usual “Fuck Trump”. Whether they wanted publicity or not issues were voiced there on camera for all to hear. I didn’t see it as a Republican/Democrat thing or a publicity thing, but something different. People talk about Kanye but Jim Brown was there also I don’t see anyone calling him a coon etc. The whole blowback here is simply because people shut their ears and eyes just because it’s Trump and I think that’s exactly what Kanye wanted to bring to light

Now this is maturity
giphy.gif

Eh everything is a publicity stunt these days if you choose to see it that way. I’m just saying I respect the fact that he went there and talked to Trump instead of the usual “Fuck Trump”. Whether they wanted publicity or not issues were voiced there on camera for all to hear. I didn’t see it as a Republican/Democrat thing or a publicity thing, but something different. People talk about Kanye but Jim Brown was there also I don’t see anyone calling him a coon etc. The whole blowback here is simply because people shut their ears and eyes just because it’s Trump and I think that’s exactly what Kanye wanted to bring to light
Everything is not a publicity stunt. I get it, he's definitely not the first president to do things with celebrities. But I don't recall a public conversation like that. And boy, it was tough to watch (because of Kanye, btw).

Everything is not a publicity stunt. I get it, he's definitely not the first president to do things with celebrities. But I don't recall a public conversation like that. And boy, it was tough to watch (because of Kanye, btw).

Yeah he said some things that I think weren’t thought out such as I think he meant to say amend the 13th amendment..... but still Trump may be the president for the next 6 years. Since last 2 years have gone splendidly with the 24/7 attack on Trump, nice to see something different is all I’m saying

I don't really care what Kanye has to say/think. He has mental illness, and should be treated immediately.

I do, however, think it was wrong for some CNN pundits to call him a token negro. They are literally proving his point, in that just because you're black, you have to be a democrat. It doesn't matter if you're voting against your own interests, that's your right to vote however you want without others judging you solely based on how you look.

Did not see a thread on this

Fox has the best audio

I’m still trying to make sense out of this, but what a time man....I can’t believe I’m agreeing with Kanye fucking West on some issues. CNN basically called him an illiterate negro for his opinion, so I will at least listen to what he says and form my own opinion

Lol, when celebrities espouse leftist views you right wingers go on and on about how no one should pay them any heed.

The minute one of them agrees with you suddenly you'll "listen and form your own opinion". How pathetic.
What do you think the president is gonna do start sandbagging and putting up your storm shutters. Stfu,every president doesn’t just stop what he’s doing because of natural disasters.
I agree with you, Trump's tweet on the matter was very retarded.

Lol the one notable black man to support trump and he's a complete nutjob. Fitting.

Lol, when celebrities espouse leftist views you right wingers go on and on about how no one should pay them any heed.

The minute one of them agrees with you suddenly you'll "listen and form your own opinion". How pathetic.

I agree with you, Trump's tweet on the matter was very retarded.

I don’t know who “you right wingers” includes but I don’t really get into that often. If -insert your idea of left wing celebrity here - had a sit down with Trump and discussed their problems then I’d be saying the same thing

Never fails, there is a hypocritical tweet for EVERYTHING this asshole does. Fucking amazing. Absolutely no honor. Meeting with rap stars in the middle of a hurricane. Unfucking real...

So you do not believe there is a difference between going on a campaign and actually being IN THE WHITE HOUSE?!?

Oh wait, I forgot...TDS and reality do not mix.

Two freaking dumbass convinced that are geniuses. God help us, one them is POTUS.

Michelle Obama pretty much spent eight years giving tours of the White House to celebrities when she wasn't going on taxpayer funded vacations, but Kanye visiting the White House a major news event.

Reminder that Obama regularly entertained people like Al Sharpton, Deray and Jesse Jackson.
Your bias is blinding you. Michelle wasnt the president and by regularly entertain can you give an example of what that means? Are you upset he had black individuals in the white house?

I'm more concerned that Trump regularly entertains Russians and gives them classified info.
I also dont think Michelle's spending comes anywhere near what just the two years of Melania's cost us.
You're blinded by red sherbro, get some sun.

I only listen to celebrities when they seem unhinged. Outside of that, it's boring and I could care less. I can tell you all about Mel Gibson, but nothing about George Clooney. Mel just wants to eat. Hooray.

Go to 1:05.

I'll always love Mel for adding Sugar Tits to my vocabulary .

Back