Kansas Rejects Trickle Down Economics

If the government changes the tax code a allows to you keep $20 more each week, it is fictionally the same as giving you $20 each week.

No its not. The gov't didn't give me anything. I just kept the money they didn't take. The giving implies that the money has the ownership elsewhere than the person that made it. It doesn't.

No its not. The gov't didn't give me anything. I just kept the money they didn't take. The giving implies that the money has the ownership elsewhere than the person that made it. It doesn't.

They gave you the tax cut. The money you owe the government is the government's, not yours.

How could it not? Are you presuming they'd immediately consume every cent that wouldn't go to taxes?

Not interested in one of your thread hijacks, son.

The discussion I'm having concerns whether or not the term "trickle down" is a euphemism used by critics to describe conventional supply-side economic philosophy.

Tell that to the government after you don't pay your taxes....see how well that works out for you.

Look, excuse you. The thief that steals $50 dollars out of your wallet instead of $200 isn't giving you $150. He's just letting you keep $150.

Why? Because the thief didn't create that wealth. You did. The government didn't create the wealth it doesn't tax (read: steal). You did.

It's funny how liberal politicians complain about trickle down economics when all politicians receive perks from big business lobbying. Their answer is always more taxes and more regulation, which hurts the small to mid size business the most. The exact thing (income inequality) they say that they are against is what this policy promotes.

Stop printing money and raise interest rates to help the build the middle class. But they can't raise interest rates, because our debt is too high.

Not interested in one of your thread hijacks, son.

The discussion I'm having concerns whether or not the term "trickle down" is a euphemism used by critics to describe conventional supply-side economic philosophy.

That was a legitimate rhetorical question you asked wasn't it? How could you possibly expect the people that get taxed less NOT to invest more?

Stop printing money and raise interest rates to help the build the middle class. But they can't raise interest rates, because our debt is too high.

Because nothing helps working people quite as much as higher interest rates on home and auto loans.

Also bad for bonds, one of the safest portfolio investments.

But I guess the upside is the sweet 1% rates on savings and money market accounts.

And as far as increasing employment, raising wages or boosting stocks, the data is mixed, the outcomes far from clear.

(Will give credit to @Jack V Savage for making me do some homework and rethink my position on the benefit of interest rate increases on workers.)

Trickle down does work but only on a global scale.

Rich investors will invest but have literally zero incentives to do so in the place that gave them the tax break.

So don't feel bad, your upper class tax cuts is helping lift rural Chinese people out of poverty.

Trickle down does work but only on a global scale.

Rich investors will invest but have literally zero incentives to do so in the place that gave them the tax break.

So don't feel bad, your upper class tax cuts is helping lift rural Chinese people out of poverty.

Isn't it their incentive to invest where they see potential growth?

Because nothing helps working people quite as much as higher interest rates on home and auto loans.

Also bad for bonds, one of the safest portfolio investments.

But I guess the upside is the sweet 1% rates on savings and money market accounts.

And as far as increasing employment, raising wages or boosting stocks, the data is mixed, the outcomes far from clear.

(Will give credit to @Jack V Savage for making me do some homework and rethink my position on the benefit of interest rate increases on workers.)
You need to read the work of the great economist Milton Friedman.

Stefan? Or Rashad? :D

kdKdw.gif

When will you fucking idiots realize no economist uses the term trickle down economics and it's not a real fucking system.

Back