Kansas Rejects Trickle Down Economics

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trickle down economics is a fraudulent theory designed by the mega rich and their think tanks. At a time of grotesque income inequality, the wealthy and their corporations do not need tax breaks.

Kansas Gov, the ironically named Sam Brownback, pushed tax cuts for the wealthy claiming it would stimulate the economy. The result? Kansas's economy grew even more slowly than the national average. Jobs did not come flooding in, but a billion dollar hole in the state budget did.

Now the state senate, including Republicans, wants to roll back the tax cuts.

Trickle down economics doesn't work, people.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/17/kansas-lawmakers-pass-big-income-tax-increase-as-budget-fix/

Last edited:
Not without cuts -- definelty increases the deficit.

That being said, im always going to want personal tax reduction

No shit. Anyone who understands how money multiplies knows poorer people spend their money quicker and at a higher rate than rich people.

No shit. Anyone who understands how money multiplies knows poorer people spend their money quicker and at a higher rate than rich people.
And yet, and yet... here we are 37 years after the election of Satan, I mean Reagan, still being bent over the Red, White and Blue barrel of Voodoo Reaganomics.

Business goes, over time, where it's most beneficial to be. I don't know how you can deny this. If business likes paying high prices then why do they go to China? I don't even see how this is a debate. But it's not just taxes. It's environmental regulations, worker rights, wage of employees. It's a complicated issue that has more than taxes in the equation.

Silicon Valley isn't in California because of taxes and over regulation. They are there because back in the day it was cheap. Hollywood is in California because they wanted to be away from government. California is as far away from the Capital as you can get. Business fled regulations.

Not without cuts -- definelty increases the deficit.

That being said, im always going to want personal tax reduction

Increasing the personal income of the mega rich is never going to create jobs outside of the luxury goods industries.

Job growth comes from the private sector, not personal incomes.

Business goes, over time, where it's most beneficial to be. I don't know how you can deny this. If business likes paying high prices then why do they go to China? I don't even see how this is a debate. But it's not just taxes. It's environmental regulations, worker rights, wage of employees. It's a complicated issue that has more than taxes in the equation.

People don't outsource to avoid taxes, America has one of the lowest effective corporate tax rates in the first world.

People outsource to keep labor costs down because you can't beat the price of foreign slave labor.

Increasing the personal income of the mega rich is never going to create jobs outside of the luxury goods industries.

Job growth comes from the private sector, not personal incomes.

Not necessarily just out of the luxury good industry -- venture capitalist / investor class wealth extends well past lambos' and yachts -- plus, all those pieces to assemble said items go beyond luxury to common.

Trickle down usually goes down as far as the top 15-20%

But that wasn't what i was arguing -- i meant my personal finances, i'm always going to be in favour of my taxes being reduced.

Not necessarily just out of the luxury good industry -- venture capitalist / investor class wealth extends well past lambos' and yachts -- plus, all those pieces to assemble said items go beyond luxury to common.

Trickle down usually goes down as far as the top 15-20%

But that wasn't what i was arguing -- i meant my personal finances, i'm always going to be in favour of my taxes being reduced.

Really you want to pay less taxes?

Really you want to pay less taxes?

Im not american, But as a Canadian, hell yes i do. Just out of my pay (not including my wife) i pay more into provincial and federal income tax than we do for ALL other cost of living combined, by a large margin. About 40% of my provincial income tax and 12% of my Federal income tax goes to pay for health care which in total, far outweighs what i would pay out of pocket for Insurance in the American system. I used roads, didnt call the cops, fire or EMS once -- the services i use most come from my municipal taxation. Oh, and still havent gotten to VAT taxes in which contribute to why i pay nearly 4x what you do in gasoline and the highest hydro costs in North America.

So, yeah, i want to pay less.

Im not american, But as a Canadian, hell yes i do. Just out of my pay (not including my wife) i pay more into provincial and federal income tax than i do ALL other cost of living combined, by a large margin. about 40% of my provincial income tax and 12% of my Federal income tax goes to pay for health care which total, far outweighs what i would pay out of pocket for Insurance in the American system. I used roads, didnt call the cops, fire or EMS once -- the services i use most come from my municipal taxation. Oh, and still have gotten to VAT taxes in which contribute to why i pay some 4x what you do in gasoline and the highest hydro costs in North America.

So, yeah, i want to pay less.

but you're saying all this like you're even part of the group of people I'm talking about..

but you're saying all this like you're even part of the group of people I'm talking about..

You do realize that there is working rich who are not multi billionaires but do end up in the top marginal bracket..and a significant portion of their income gets dinged...right? Its not only the .1%

You do realize that there is working rich who are not multi billionaires but do end up in the top marginal bracket..and a significant portion of their income gets dinged...right? Its not only the .1%

So you're pulling in 250k+ a year?

wtf are you doing here then? I'm not even making half that and I feel like a slum lord in this mud pit.

Because it's fun? I like cheap fun? Good for laughs and there are a lot of good posters who provide lol's and or information. I have learned from this website more about american politics than i did in american history in high school.

Plus i sit in front of computer all day for work anyways -- why not sher the dog when i can.

The great bait and switch going on, which once happened in the Soviet Union, is leftists calling working rich, and billionaires, the same thing. They are both the 1%. They will go after the working rich because it's easier to do and they can make it seem like they are standing up against the rich. So we may end up crushing successful hard working people, while at the same time not doing anything against the actual parasites of society.

well ya
nobody actually believes that it works, they just say that so stupid people fall for it

i at least admire the gangsta of it, it's rich people that vote left that cause me to question their motives

We should give all our money to the state and they will redistribute it accordingly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back