Kamaru Usman vs. Demian Maia: Who takes it?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Id go with Demian by sub. Kamaru is new to the sport.

I'm in the minority that would go out on a limb and pick Usman. I'd probably be wrong though.

giphy.gif

Thera are no guarantees in MMA, especially with guys as athletic as Usman is. Maia would be the favourite in my book by a notable margin, but I wouldn't put it past Usman to get the upset.

I'd be with you. Dude is freaky strong and athletic with skill to boot
Yessir, also a very experienced wrestler. I think his physical strength / wrestling prowess would outwork Maia's BJJ. Usman was asking for this fight, I'm sure he also feels his wrestling trumps Maia's BJJ.

that fight would have the potential to be one of the most boring fights of all time

Usman via being a better wrestler and keeping it on the feet

He has put in some work in a relatively short amount of time. At this point he'd be RNC'd quickly though. In a year or 2 he'd be able to win, but Maia would probably be spent at that time anyway.

that fight would have the potential to be one of the most boring fights of all time

That is what I heard prior to Shields/Maia and I though that fight was really entertaining.

Usman vs Nelson is the fight to make imo
Nelson is fighting Ponzinibbio in the Main Event of the Scottland card. Weird matchup but I don't mind it. Ponzi is a lot better than given credit for.

Back