Kamaru Usman Says He Was Offered Colby Covington 3 Different Times & Covington Turned Each One Down

lol @ using UFC rankings, he beat one legit top 10 in condit, that's it
Even if you used Fightmatrix, Matt brown was still top 10 one month before there fight....... (the only non UFC fighter in the top 10 at the time was Palhares)

Even if you used Fightmatrix, Matt brown was still top 10 one month before there fight....... (the only non UFC fighter in the top 10 at the time was Palhares)

legit top 10, come on, matt brown got lucky streak beating up a bunch of has beens like himself, that top 10 was the biggest reach ever

White guaranteed Woodley a title shot after Hendricks bailed, that's the only reason why. Quit making shit up.

It's funny how Woodleys title shot due to Dana was such a huge problem yet many fighters get undeserved title shots even after just losing without many complaints.

Colby is whining and harassing other fighters on social media for a title shot.

Edit: It's also funny how you whine about Woodleys "race baiting" yet you're a fan of the 2 biggest race baiters a in MMA, Conor and Colby.

Well, harassing and smack talking (or trying to) is NOT whining... not sure why that's so difficult for you understand.

Woodley complained and threw a temper tantrum to "earn" his title shot. He lost to Rory, beat DHK (who no one will ever mistake as a "top" contender), and took a narrow split decision over Gastelum. The only top contender he fought, he lost to. Neither DHK or Gastelum were in the top 5 at the respective times... so Woodley has no place or justification to try to dispel or criticize anyone else's right to a title shot.

White didn't guarantee Woodley the title shot because Hendricks fucked up... he was going to award the winner of the fight the next title shot. That promise fell through went the fight itself fell through. Dana did not come out after that happened and state unequivocally that Tyron earned the next title shot as a result of it.

Woodley straight up refused to fight anyone but Lawler, and sat out for a year and a half. That's a fact. If it went down as your revisionist historical view claims, it wouldn't have taken that long, period.

Woodley has played the race card and (unjustly) claimed racism... again... another fact.

The fact you think I'm a fan of either Conor or Colby is both telling and laughable to say the least, and it doesn't come as any surprise that you don't know what you're talking about.

legit top 10, come on, matt brown got lucky streak beating up a bunch of has beens like himself, that top 10 was the biggest reach ever
You discredit UFC rankings (even thought where talking UFC contendership) and now your discrediting non ufc rankings ? There was a period in 2017 where if you looked at the top 15, Maia had beaten half of them since dropping down to WW, most of which via FINSH...... (his WW win list is incredible, Colby not so much)

This is not even remotely the same situation as Colby.

Last edited:
lol @ using UFC rankings, he beat one legit top 10 in condit, that's it

D1 Wrestlers "eyeball" rankings do not hold more weight than the UFC's official rankings when it comes to title contention

Well, harassing and smack talking (or trying to) is NOT whining... not sure why that's so difficult for you understand.

Woodley complained and threw a temper tantrum to "earn" his title shot. He lost to Rory, beat DHK (who no one will ever mistake as a "top" contender), and took a narrow split decision over Gastelum. The only top contender he fought, he lost to. Neither DHK or Gastelum were in the top 5 at the respective times... so Woodley has no place or justification to try to dispel or criticize anyone else's right to a title shot.

White didn't guarantee Woodley the title shot because Hendricks fucked up... he was going to award the winner of the fight the next title shot. That promise fell through went the fight itself fell through. Dana did not come out after that happened and state unequivocally that Tyron earned the next title shot as a result of it.

Woodley straight up refused to fight anyone but Lawler, and sat out for a year and a half. That's a fact. If it went down as your revisionist historical view claims, it wouldn't have taken that long, period.

Woodley has played the race card and (unjustly) claimed racism... again... another fact.

The fact you think I'm a fan of either Conor or Colby is both telling and laughable to say the least, and it doesn't come as any surprise that you don't know what you're talking about.

Oh what's this?:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10...ey-title-shot-hendricks-middleweight-mma-news

http://www.mmaweekly.com/tyron-woodley-promised-title-shot-after-ufc-192-cancellation

You're full of shit.

It took over a year for Woodley to fight due to Lawler recovering and fighting Condit. Did you and MMA fans constantly bitch when Condit got a title for beating Alves and LOSING to Woodley?

Gee I wonder why he mentioned race? Look at how Colby antics are praised for example.

Oh what's this?:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10...ey-title-shot-hendricks-middleweight-mma-news

http://www.mmaweekly.com/tyron-woodley-promised-title-shot-after-ufc-192-cancellation

You're full of shit.

It took over a year for Woodley to fight due to Lawler recovering and fighting Condit. Did you and MMA fans constantly bitch when Condit got a title for beating Alves and LOSING to Woodley?

Gee I wonder why he mentioned race? Look at how Colby antics are praised for example.

I guess reading isn't your specialty. The articles you highlighted weren't Dana stating definitively that Woodley earned and deserved the title shot. Kevin Iole said it and Tyron Woodley said it, but that's not the same as Dana saying it. Who's to say that Iole misunderstood Dana, or that Woodley only heard what he wanted to. Regardless, it's still hearsay.

Condit was a perennial top 5 WW for a long, long time and has paid his dues. So him leap-frogging any other fighter for a title shot, I'd be okay with. Condit blew his knee out, it's not like Tyron actually beat him.

Tyron's a fucking whiner, and will spout any nonsense to try to justify his own position and opinion. I hope GSP doesn't fight him, because Tyron doesn't deserve it. Woodley wants a big payday and he'll never get it without GSP because he's not a draw himself and even Tyron himself knows it. So maybe he should earn that payday himself and gain some fans and sell some PPV's... it would be easier if he wasn't a self-entitled dickhead. He himself thinks people should earn their shit (even though he didn't).

He complained about the UFC not promoting him as a killer champ because of the color of his skin, which is lame because he can be an asshole and doesn't want to put the work in himself.

Keep supporting Tyron Whineley though, he needs all the fans he can get.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...itle-shot-and-it-doesnt-matter-what-you-think

I guess reading isn't your specialty. The articles you highlighted weren't Dana stating definitively that Woodley earned and deserved the title shot. Kevin Iole said it and Tyron Woodley said it, but that's not the same as Dana saying it. Who's to say that Iole misunderstood Dana, or that Woodley only heard what he wanted to. Regardless, it's still hearsay.

Condit was a perennial top 5 WW for a long, long time and has paid his dues. So him leap-frogging any other fighter for a title shot, I'd be okay with. Condit blew his knee out, it's not like Tyron actually beat him.

Tyron's a fucking whiner, and will spout any nonsense to try to justify his own position and opinion. I hope GSP doesn't fight him, because Tyron doesn't deserve it. Woodley wants a big payday and he'll never get it without GSP because he's not a draw himself and even Tyron himself knows it. So maybe he should earn that payday himself and gain some fans and sell some PPV's... it would be easier if he wasn't a self-entitled dickhead. He himself thinks people should earn their shit (even though he didn't).

He complained about the UFC not promoting him as a killer champ because of the color of his skin, which is lame because he can be an asshole and doesn't want to put the work in himself.

Keep supporting Tyron Whineley though, he needs all the fans he can get.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...itle-shot-and-it-doesnt-matter-what-you-think

So asuuming Woodley and Iole were just lying why did Dana actually go through with it?

Condit is one of my all time favorite fighters, but he had even less of a right to fight for the belt. In his fight against Woodley he was losing 2 before Woodley caused his injuries from his leg kicks and takedowns. You're basically admitting to supporting undeserving title shot based on your personal feelings rather than merit.

Unless GSP somehow manages to fight Conor the only fight left is for him in MMA is against Woodley. Your feelings don't matter in that regard.

Woodley is the one the only consistent defending champs right now. I think he deserves some respect.

Despite how you feel about him you'll still watch his fights in hopes to see him lose like the idiots who buy Mayweather fights.

Keep whining about Woodley while supporting a bigger shiner in Colby.

Why would Colby go that far down makes no sense. When he can possibly fight either RDA or Woodley. Hell he could even fight Wonderboy before Usman.

This. Usman is legit but seems like a step down from where he's been going.

Why would Colby go that far down makes no sense. When he can possibly fight either RDA or Woodley. Hell he could even fight Wonderboy before Usman.

Because making sense cannot happen on sherdog

So asuuming Woodley and Iole were just lying why did Dana actually go through with it?

Condit is one of my all time favorite fighters, but he had even less of a right to fight for the belt. In his fight against Woodley he was losing 2 before Woodley caused his injuries from his leg kicks and takedowns. You're basically admitting to supporting undeserving title shot based on your personal feelings rather than merit.

Unless GSP somehow manages to fight Conor the only fight left is for him in MMA is against Woodley. Your feelings don't matter in that regard.

Woodley is the one the only consistent defending champs right now. I think he deserves some respect.

Despite how you feel about him you'll still watch his fights in hopes to see him lose like the idiots who buy Mayweather fights.

Keep whining about Woodley while supporting a bigger shiner in Colby.

Colby's a joke, so I don't know what you're on about, and I've never been a fan of him. Personally, I think Werdum should have beat his ass.

As far as Woodley goes, as soon as he won the title, he began actively campaigning for a fight with GSP or Nick Diaz, he immediately felt entitled to money fights and he was owed something. He didn't even want to fight Wonderboy, and he wasn't shy about it. As soon as Dana put his foot down and made him fight a contender, he began with his race-baiting crap. Yes he has defended, but it wasn't exactly voluntarily or without baggage.

Miocic is the best current UFC champ because he doesn't pick his fights or make demands, and doesn't give a fuck who he fights. I just wish he fought more often, but HW is pretty thin.

Colby's a joke, so I don't know what you're on about, and I've never been a fan of him. Personally, I think Werdum should have beat his ass.

As far as Woodley goes, as soon as he won the title, he began actively campaigning for a fight with GSP or Nick Diaz, he immediately felt entitled to money fights and he was owed something. He didn't even want to fight Wonderboy, and he wasn't shy about it. As soon as Dana put his foot down and made him fight a contender, he began with his race-baiting crap. Yes he has defended, but it wasn't exactly voluntarily or without baggage.

Miocic is the best current UFC champ because he doesn't pick his fights or make demands, and doesn't give a fuck who he fights. I just wish he fought more often, but HW is pretty thin.

Lol at Dana putting his foot down. Dana offered both Diaz bros a title shot against Woodley, they both turned it down.

I do think Woodley should fight contenders but after all the bullshit other fighters have done this year I don't blame him for trying to do the same.

I would also avoid this scary motherfucker like the plague.

kamaru-usman-ufc-2101.jpg

That's one scary motherf*ker it's no wonder Colby Coward (call 911) Covington is squeezing back turtle heads back up the poop shoot...

Catch the code..?

Back