Kamaru Usman Says He Was Offered Colby Covington 3 Different Times & Covington Turned Each One Down

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
On MMA Hour. The UFC wanted Usman vs. Covington on 3 separate occasions and Covington turned the fight down every time. Usman vs. Covington was supposed to headline UFC Fight Night St. Louis but Colby wouldn't take the fight, which is why Stephens vs. Choi was promoted to Main Event.

Colby Covington don't want none of the Nigerian Nightmare, mane.

Why would Colby go that far down makes no sense. When he can possibly fight either RDA or Woodley. Hell he could even fight Wonderboy before Usman.

Loooool.

Man disses a country, runs to the police, spoils Star Wars and ducks a top ten three times.

On MMA Hour. The UFC wanted Usman vs. Covington on 3 separate occasions and Covington turned the fight down every time. Usman vs. Covington was supposed to headline UFC Fight Night St. Louis but Colby wouldn't take the fight, which is why Stephens vs. Choi was promoted to Main Event.

Colby Covington don't want none of the Nigerian Nightmare, mane.

dumb thread, no shit he wouldnt want that he's been pushing for a fight with top 3 guys for the last year+

Maia took the fight with Colby who he heavily outranked because that's what fighters do; all of a sudden one decision win over K-1 Maia makes you immune from fighting top 10s? lel

he's trying to tweet his way to a title shot. maybe if he had more twitter followers

Loooool.

Man disses a country, runs to the police, spoils Star Wars and ducks a top ten three times.

what do you mean by spoiled star wars? dont give specifics im going tomorrow but i didnt see that.

what do you mean by spoiled star wars? dont give specifics im going tomorrow but i didnt see that.

He tweeted out exactly what happened in the new Star Wars on opening day, and said "I've saved you virgins 2 hours 33 minutes of your life".

dumb thread, no shit he wouldnt want that he's been pushing for a fight with top 3 guys for the last year+
Who in the top 3 is he going to get? He says he doesn't wanna fight Wonderboy. Lawler just loss. He says he'll only fight RDA if it's for an interim title. He doesn't want to fight anyone.

Sad times when guys like Usman and Covington are top ten.

And the UFC has the audacity to let Rory fucking walk to Bellator, no wonder the sport has failing ratings and PPV buys.

He tweeted out exactly what happened in the new Star Wars on opening day, and said "I've saved you virgins 2 hours 33 minutes of your life".

thats a fabulous way to make fans in a sport outside the mainstream...

seriously fuck this dude. a snitching, arrogant star wars hating mother ducker.

this dude is a chotch and i cant wait for him to get KTFO(maybe that is his new marketing strategy)

Sad times when guys like Usman and Covington are top ten.

And the UFC has the audacity to let Rory fucking walk to Bellator, no wonder the sport has failing ratings and PPV buys.
Are you fucking serious? Both Usman and Colby are pretty fucking good.

Hell, Usman hasn't even looked vulnerable in any of his UFC fights, and Colby beat the crap out of Maia after the first round was over.

I'm still fucking pissed at the fact that they can't get Ngannou a fight with someone in the top 15. Like, what fuck?

Who in the top 3 is he going to get? He says he doesn't wanna fight Wonderboy. Lawler just loss. He says he'll only fight RDA if it's for an interim title. He doesn't want to fight anyone.

he just had a top 3 in maia, he will probably wait out one of the guys you listed or if he is going to take someone lower take someone who is a draw, not a fringe top 10 that only hardcore fans know of yet. It's not ducking when you are trying to fight guys better than him lol

lol anyone on social media prior to something like that is a moron and asking for it, it's like the golden rule

Fuck Colby Duckington. Everything he says about others is a projection on himself.

Cries assault against Werdum; has an assault charge over someone insulting him.

Calls Jones out for his DUI; has a DUI charge even before Jones.

Repeatedly calls Tyron a duck; repeatedly ducks Usman and other WWs.

Last edited:
he's looking to fight for the title, no reason to fight a journeymen now

he just had a top 3 in maia, he will probably wait out one of the guys you listed or if he is going to take someone lower take someone who is a draw, not a fringe top 10 that only hardcore fans know of yet. It's not ducking when you are trying to fight guys better than him lol
But he's turned guys down already not named Kamaru Usman. Guys take step downs for fighters gunning for them all the time. Colby was on the other side of the table when he got the Maia fight. Maia was coming off of a title fight and took a step back to fight Colby Covington. Is Colby exempt from doing the same? Why does he get a pass?

His 2 fights before Maia were DHK, and Vinny Barbarino. Barberena isn’t even ranked. And DHK couldn’t have been really highly ranked at the time either, most likely ( Currently 14 ). He has one really good win.

If he passed up this fight three times. That probably goes back in time to when he fought Barberena, or DHK.

Speaking of Vinny Barbarino...

tenor.gif

yeah i believe him, colby knows usman would fuck him in the ass.

Colby Duckington. Everything he says about others is a projection on himself.

Cries assault against Werdum; has an assault charge over someone insulting him.

Calls Jones out for his DUI; has a DUI charge even before Jones.

Repeatedly calls Tyron a duck; repeatedly ducks Usman and other WW.

how is it ducking when he has been begging to fight top 3 guys like RDA, woodley, maia, etc. He got maia and everyone said he was gonna get submitted in 1, now he wants woodley, so how the hell is he ducking by asking for woodley and turning down fights with a guy who isn't even top 10 in UFC only rankings, and 15-17 in most overall mma rankings lmfao

Back