Kamaru Usman is Still Being Completely Avoided

He's the Black Khabib. No one wants to fight him xDDD

The problem with catering to casuals is that when you DON'T have those 2-3 big name fighters on a card...It isn't selling. They've gone to great lengths to alienate the semi-hardcore/hardcore fanbase with their shenanigans. Like letting go of top fighters because they asked for more pay, while hiring a bunch of chicks who can't punch for 5k/5k.

The old fan base has either moved on/disinterested/pirating the events because they have gone with quantity over quality.

So much is fucked up with this current state of affairs.

This New UFC as got it all backwards they should be trying to turn casuals into fight fanz, but they making casuals even more casual and turning off real fight fanz and making them haters...

You should get the next title shot if you've cracked the top 10 and everyone is avoiding you.

I agree man just bump him up the ladder. If no one wants to fight him just promote the man based on that.

A much more accomplished version of Usman. Probably has 5 or so wins better than Usmans best though

Accomplished in what way? RDA, MJ, are the biggest names on Khabib's resume. Usman can't get a rep name because they just won't fight him. I just find it very funny Kamaru is considered boring and leg humping, but Khabib is relentless and grinding I like both men for their very similar fight style with Usman having a bit more because he can stand & bang when it comes to it if forced to stand.

Started with Connor...Then Woodley...Then everyone else. It's become quite the annoying shit show.

Back in the day you had guys fighting anybody, they didn't GAF as long as they were getting paid and moving up the ladder. Even champs were like "I don't care who I'm fighting, I'm here to defend the belt". GSP was always using that response, I'll fight whoever they put in front of me...Unless it was Diaz, that is the only fight he asked for directly.

Chuck/Rampage/etc... From the old school had that mentality.

As for Usman, the guy has done some cringe things...Like saying he was only going 30%. Never say that kind of shit, no matter if you won or lost it looks bad.(See Pig Rigg)
Guy does need a fight bad though, it's up to the brass to actually put their fucking boss pants on and run their business. Fertitta's and Joe Silva seemed better at this than the cumbuckets there now.

Whoa whoa whoa. I agree with much of what you said but Woodley has only fought who the UFC has told him to. He may say he wants the money fight but when it comes down to it, he's still fighting the highest ranked match ups in the division.

Funny thing is, fans bitch about his fights. So he tries to come up with something he thinks will be fan friendly. Then fans bitch because he's "trying to hand pick" fights.

You can't put Woodley in this category based on his history so far as champ.

He's unwatchable af, the man should look at himself in the mirror

Whoa whoa whoa. I agree with much of what you said but Woodley has only fought who the UFC has told him to. He may say he wants the money fight but when it comes down to it, he's still fighting the highest ranked match ups in the division.

Funny thing is, fans bitch about his fights. So he tries to come up with something he thinks will be fan friendly. Then fans bitch because he's "trying to hand pick" fights.

You can't put Woodley in this category based on his history so far as champ.

Woodley has outright ducked certain fighters because they were stylistically bad matchups for him(His words were "not good for his brand"...)

Has complained about defending against #1/#2/#3 contenders the whole fucking time even if he eventually did...He still complained that he had to fight these men instead of getting money fights which he hasn't built a name enough to get.(He isn't Penn/GSP/Anderson Silva level enough to get that kind of money fight.)

Instead of defending he was lobbying for a fight against a LW in Nate Diaz while WW contenders were foaming at the mouth for a shot. Which is hypocritical given how much he whined for a shot back when he was a contender.

I know you probably have a hard on for T-Wood, but he was the exact second fighter to try and pull what Connor has been getting away with...And when he didn't get his way he cried racism, without acknowledging how boring/dry/Uncharismatic compared to Connor who has found a way to make everyone watch him whether they like him(want to see him fight and win) or hate him(want to see him fight and lose). People are more indifferent to Woodley, he falls under "meh". He thinks he is playing the game well and getting people to love/hate him like Connor/Floyd have been able to do...But he is clearly not at that level or will ever be.

BTW, he isn't trying to come up with fan friendly fights, he is trying to get easy fights...Don't get it twisted.

zzz...People are avoiding watching him, too
Kinda like they avoid watching Khabib. And like they avoid watching GSP. And avoided watching Couture. Coleman. Nog bros. Rhonda. Right? Good observation.

Accomplished in what way? RDA, MJ, are the biggest names on Khabib's resume. Usman can't get a rep name because they just won't fight him. I just find it very funny Kamaru is considered boring and leg humping, but Khabib is relentless and grinding I like both men for their very similar fight style with Usman having a bit more because he can stand & bang when it comes to it if forced to stand.

Khabib still has a lot to prove, every time he was scheduled against a top 4 he has found a way to not make the fight when it counts. Then he blames everyone else because the fight fell through instead of himself. Then he comes back and faces meh fighters and looks like a world beater. I've never seen a guy become champion after beating a guy OUT of the top 10...

Usman still has shit to prove, but he sure as shit isn't getting the top fights for it. Khabib has had those chances and fucked em up plenty of times. Now to his credit this last time wasn't his doing...For once.

Like I said already Khabib has at least 5 wins better than Usmans best. Usman doesn't get fights because he is painfully boring to most fans. He is good no doubt about it, and a very smart fighter also but very few people wanna see him. Boring and cringe isn't a winning combo.

Woodley has outright ducked certain fighters because they were stylistically bad matchups for him(His words were "not good for his brand"...)

Has complained about defending against #1/#2/#3 contenders the whole fucking time even if he eventually did...He still complained that he had to fight these men instead of getting money fights which he hasn't built a name enough to get.(He isn't Penn/GSP/Anderson Silva level enough to get that kind of money fight.)

Instead of defending he was lobbying for a fight against a LW in Nate Diaz while WW contenders were foaming at the mouth for a shot. Which is hypocritical given how much he whined for a shot back when he was a contender.

I know you probably have a hard on for T-Wood, but he was the exact second fighter to try and pull what Connor has been getting away with...And when he didn't get his way he cried racism, without acknowledging how boring/dry/Uncharismatic compared to Connor who has found a way to make everyone watch him whether they like him(want to see him fight and win) or hate him(want to see him fight and lose). People are more indifferent to Woodley, he falls under "meh". He thinks he is playing the game well and getting people to love/hate him like Connor/Floyd have been able to do...But he is clearly not at that level or will ever be.

BTW, he isn't trying to come up with fan friendly fights, he is trying to get easy fights...Don't get it twisted.
Ah, ok. So you agree he actually does fight the best of the best (even though in your first post you accused him of hand picking) and who the UFC tells him to fight but your problem is he bitches about it.

I'm a fight fan and could give fuck all about any extra drama to be honest with you.

And as a fight fan I can tell you the exact second fighter to pull the Conor BS was Bisping. Wins the belt and fights Hendo, lol. Ducks Whittaker to fight GSP.

But sure. Woodley.

Khabib still has a lot to prove, every time he was scheduled against a top 4 he has found a way to not make the fight when it counts. Then he blames everyone else because the fight fell through instead of himself. Then he comes back and faces meh fighters and looks like a world beater. I've never seen a guy become champion after beating a guy OUT of the top 10...

Usman still has shit to prove, but he sure as shit isn't getting the top fights for it. Khabib has had those chances and fucked em up plenty of times. Now to his credit this last time wasn't his doing...For once.

True ^^^ on both Khabib made me a fan after the MJ beatdown truly thought MJ was gonna box him and dance around him, I was dead wrong. Usman I started to follow when TUF did that gym battles season then went back and followed his rise. I do believe that Khabib got advantages but he was far from coddled.

Usman is still working hard for every meal and as cracked the top 10 without much fan support or promotion push I respect that get through on hardwork & fighting, while others got through on Tweets & cheap speak (Shout out @Colby Covington)

Back