Kaew no longer @ fairtex

Sanchoy

muay thai ownage
@purple
Reaction score
I spent some time training at Fairtex and noticed kaew was no longer there. At first I thought he was over seas training / doing a seminar/ or prepping for a overseas fight. Then I was surprised to hear from one of the trainers that Kaew was no longer at Fairtex. His contract was bought out and is at weeraksak gym.

Very interesting to see a long time fairtex legend leave. He was aging yes, but his stardom on the Japan scene was still relevant. Sad to see him go. He was always there every time I visited.

Wonder what they have planned for him this late in his career. Not sure if buying his contract was wise unless it was for a decent price. Not sure how much he has left to offer. I would personally go for someone fresher and younger around that weight like Rittewada. He's young, tall, skillful and I can see him moving up from 140 to eventually 154 some day.

Wonder what they have planned for him this late in his career. Not sure if buying his contract was wise unless it was for a decent price. Not sure how much he has left to offer. I would personally go for someone fresher and younger around that weight like Rittewada. He's young, tall, skillful and I can see him moving up from 140 to eventually 154 some day.
Maybe what they have planned for him is to continue to dominate in Japan and continue to be the #1 65kg Kickboxer?

Maybe what they have planned for him is to continue to dominate in Japan and continue to be the #1 65kg Kickboxer?
Not much competition for him tho. He's beat them all. Hopefully K1 bring in some more guys or he switches promotions. But I meant it in the same way someone buys a car and how buying a car with a lot of mileage might not be the best long term investment.

I think Kaew would stop RvR

Kaew is probably Weerasaklek gym's best investment.

Kaew is getting decently popular here. There's a massive Thai festival in Yoyogi every year and this year he and Gonnapar did an exhibition as one of the headline acts. At this stage in his career he's probably worth more in Japan with Weerasakrek

speaking about fairtex,seems like yod's long time trainer is no longer working with them....

Does Fairtex have any satellite locations any more? We used to have two locations here in the Bay Area that were shut down almost abruptly years back. I know they used to have some in Japan. Seems like a lot of the clothing of theirs that I used to be able to get I can't find anymore from distributors, just gloves and gear. Did they just over extend themselves and have to scale back?

Does Fairtex have any satellite locations any more? We used to have two locations here in the Bay Area that were shut down almost abruptly years back. I know they used to have some in Japan. Seems like a lot of the clothing of theirs that I used to be able to get I can't find anymore from distributors, just gloves and gear. Did they just over extend themselves and have to scale back?
I think it was a couple years back maybe more Mr.Wong said they was going to start slowing down I'm not sure if he was just talking about bringing up new fighters in Thailand or his production of attire and gear too.

They bought his contract like 2 years ago.

Where is the gym exactly?? I never watch much K1 but I've also seen the Thai fella in the vid below is from the same gym. Anybody know who he is?? Good to watch

Where is the gym exactly?? I never watch much K1 but I've also seen the Thai fella in the vid below is from the same gym. Anybody know who he is?? Good to watch

It's Gonnapar

Back