Kaepernick or RG3?

Kaepernick or RG3?

• Kaepernick

• RG3

Results are only viewable after voting.
FFS, guys, ice the flaming. Creative, indirect insults are much more interesting to read.
Me believing his premise has nothing to do with the author. The NFL product was down, way down. Read the NFL thread, all year *** I 100% agreed the product was down** Just pick a random midseason thread and it is littered with posts about how bad of a week/year it is for the NFL.
How much of that do you think was colored by the fact we're a 70%-for-Trump-in-the-primary-field forum? People were shitting on the NFL because of Colin, and hiding behind other reasons.
Fucking lol at Kaep being the reason for the NFL declining.

Oversaturation of a shit product is far and above the main issue.
Explain the mechanics of that. Control the variables. Isolate this year. It's a marvelous coincidence.
I didn't realize you were part of this debate, but concession accepted.

There's quite a few sources with a simple Google Search. Here's a few:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spor...test-reaction-effect/95jdoch1ngj103xvbkllcbvk

And

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fans-w...ite-protests-as-primary-reason-172059483.html

And

https://www.google.com/amp/boston.c...olin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protests/amp/

There's a lot more where those came from.

Now I'm going to sit back and watch you try to spin this.

@Madmick is right. Kaeperdink played a roll in the NFL ratings decline. Like it or not.
Fancy that. Evidence...a Google away. Though I must admit I'm surprised that these guys were oblivious to this. The sports blogosphere was whoring coverage of stories this all year like CNN whores active war zones.

Kaep cause he's not made of glass...

Both suck though.
That's what I said before I found out Kaep is a vegan.

walter-sobchak-from-big-lebowski-this-is-not-nam-this-is-fantasy-football-there-are-rules.jpg

Madmick has been in full on try hard mode since Trump won. It's hilarious.

Fancy that. Evidence...a Google away. Though I must admit I'm surprised that these guys were oblivious to this. The sports blogosphere was whoring coverage of stories this all year like CNN whores active war zones.

Yeah @Dizzy and @RichardSwingslo have been told by the media that Kaepernick is a crusader and is now 100% a victim. So in their eyes there's no possible way he's a reason for the ratings decline/boycott despite the millions of people that have stated so on Twitter and Facebook. Not to mention the hundreds of polls that we're conducted where people openly stated Kap was a reason. And yeah, even though I supplied sources, I knew @Dizzy would try to spin this to fit his narrative. It's almost like just implying Kap might by a reason for the NFL ratings decline is taking these two posters out of their safe spaces so they're coming in here to throw a fit. @Dizzy is just playing dumb and @RichardSwingslo is immature and is probably still growing pubic hairs.

The only reason I'm not just giving up with these two is because they're humoring me.

Lol get the hell out with your smug bullshit. Won't work in here.

As you conveniently ignored, ratings continued to drop even after the small amount of 60 year old white guys stopped watching due to Kaep.

Look at articles that are outside of the first month of the season, after Kaep faded into obscurity, and the near consensus from people in this business is that the product was shit.

Pretty simple way to clear this up though. Kaep isn't even on a team and has stated he won't kneel anymore.

By your logic, the NFL should bounce back to its 2015 numbers, correct? He was the main reason for the decline so now that he's gone, the league should be back in peak form.

It won't be though until they start making more changes. There's a reason they're easing up on celebration penalties next year, there's a reason they're trying to shorten the game, there's a reason they're trying to speed up the pace of the game. They're trying to put a better product on the field.

The NFL is recognizing that people won't just watch because it's on anymore. Their complacency and arrogance has started to severely hurt them. It has fuck all to do with Kaep.

Lol get the hell out with your smug bullshit. Won't work in here.

As you conveniently ignored, ratings continued to drop even after the small amount of 60 year old white guys stopped watching due to Kaep.

Look at articles that are outside of the first month of the season, after Kaep faded into obscurity, and the near consensus from people in this business is that the product was shit.
What are you talking about? These polls are proof that he didn't fade into obscurity in the minds of many (likely Republican) voters.
Pretty simple way to clear this up though. Kaep isn't even on a team and has stated he won't kneel anymore.

By your logic, the NFL should bounce back to its 2015 numbers, correct? He was the main reason for the decline so now that he's gone, the league should be back in peak form.
No, not at all. That's not how alienation works. A concrete historical example were the lingering negative effects of the baseball strike on MLB viewership and attendance in the ensuing years of the mid-90's. Baseball was literally dying before McGwire and Sosa's steroid-fueled home run race. Sports Illustrated even ran a cover story about that, IIRC.
It won't be though until they start making more changes. There's a reason they're easing up on celebration penalties next year, there's a reason they're trying to shorten the game, there's a reason they're trying to speed up the pace of the game. They're trying to put a better product on the field.

The NFL is recognizing that people won't just watch because it's on anymore. Their complacency and arrogance has started to severely hurt them. It has fuck all to do with Kaep.
I don't doubt that there is validity to your analysis. Goodell pisses me off, certainly, and all of us who pay attention know he's just a lackey, but to suggest that Kaep wasn't the primary reason when polls exhibit an explicit, avowed disgust with him as the apparent leading singular cause of viewership decline cannot be dismissed without some form of evidence to the contrary. You're just rambling in speculation.

Oh, also, this thread serves as a wonderful example of why a franchise would pick RG3. They wouldn't have to worry about dealing with this trainwreck. Just good, old-fashioned, boring injury.

Both these players suck but if I had to pick one it would be Kaep.

Fucking lol at Kaep being the reason for the NFL declining.

Oversaturation of a shit product is far and above the main issue.
Browns v Rams thursday night games did a lot more to hurt the product that Kaep ever did. Sure, a ton of people claimed to stop watching on twitter and shit but plenty of folks vowed to kill Kaep too. AFAIK dude is still alive and well. I seriously doubt a significant number of tards actually quit watching but just rooted for Kaep to get embarrassed/injured instead.

Then theres the fact that this was the most top heavy season that I can remember. There were like 3 teams that had a chance of going to the super bowl this year and the two teams that went the year before didn't even make the playoffs. It was just a down year. I'm sure the ratings will bounce back but so many people in here are giving these 'murica yokels way too much credit.

db15fa02c4a479bde491593fc4894beb.jpg

'lol omg this cuck is garbage and doesn't even play anymore. If he thinks hes so oppressed he can just stay dead then. So sorry you had to earn millions of dollars playing a game'

db15fa02c4a479bde491593fc4894beb.jpg

'lol omg this cuck is garbage and doesn't even play anymore. If he thinks hes so oppressed he can just stay dead then. So sorry you had to earn millions of dollars playing a game'
You should outline all the similarities between Jackie and Colin's struggles.

I was a State History Day finalist in 8th grade for a project on Jackie Robinson, and I find your analogy comparing these two men downright offensive.

You should outline all the similarities between Jackie and Colin's struggles.

I was a State History Day finalist in 8th grade for a project on Jackie Robinson, and I find your analogy comparing these two men downright offensive.
K

There's quite a few sources with a simple Google Search. Here's a few:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.spor...test-reaction-effect/95jdoch1ngj103xvbkllcbvk

And

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fans-w...ite-protests-as-primary-reason-172059483.html

And

https://www.google.com/amp/boston.c...olin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protests/amp/

There's a lot more where those came from.

Now I'm going to sit back and watch you try to spin this.

@Madmick is right. Kaeperdink played a roll in the NFL ratings decline. Like it or not.
lol at being such a fucking safe space baby that a couple of nfl players expressing their opinion makes you boycott.

lol at being such a fucking safe space baby that a couple of nfl players expressing their opinion makes you boycott.

I'm going to assume you're referring to people in general and not to me since I never said I was boycotting anything. Hopefully your reading comprehension isn't the the 3rd grade level that you just showcased.

But yeah, I Agreed. Though I think Kaepernick is a piece of shit it's not enough to boycott. I like football to much.

I live in the Bay Area and have heard everything about Kap that has to be said. I wouldn't pick Kap b/c he has an attitude problem. He lost a lot of weight at the fact that he refuses and refused to address it and do what needed to be done to get back on the field is troubling. I wouldn't want either one of these guys to be hoenst.

Kaepernick-win-a.jpg

Back