KİCKBOXİNG+WRESTLİNG=GOOD COMBO FOR MMA?

Hello guys and girls,
First of all i live in a small city/town in Turkey so there are no MMA gyms here.İ started Kicmboxing and my coaches were very impressed and said i would become something phenomenol/outstanding.My main goal tho is Mma.My plan was like this:
İll continue Kickboxing and a friend of mine who became regional Wrestlinng Champion after like 1 Month or so Training will teach me wrestling 1-2 times a week and we might also practice mma drills and submissions etc.
You think kickboxing + Wrestling is a good combo for MMA?
Wrestling is the best base for MMA and pretty much anyone will tell you that. only think is, what is your age?? if you're young, you're okay, but if you're in your early to late 20's, you're at a disadvantage. wrestling is something that takes years to even get good at. Kickboxing and Wrestling is a perfect combination (look at someone such as Daniel Cormier) it just all depends on how much experience you have.

Wrestling is the best base for MMA and pretty much anyone will tell you that. only think is, what is your age?? if you're young, you're okay, but if you're in your early to late 20's, you're at a disadvantage. wrestling is something that takes years to even get good at. Kickboxing and Wrestling is a perfect combination (look at someone such as Daniel Cormier) it just all depends on how much experience you have.
İm pretty young and look 2-3 yesrs younger than i am and im also adapting pretty good.My Coach just put me in the advanced class with Black belts and i didnt even have 20 Training Sessions yet i learn pretty quickly.
İm 20 btw

İm pretty young and look 2-3 yesrs younger than i am and im also adapting pretty good.My Coach just put me in the advanced class with Black belts and i didnt even have 20 Training Sessions yet i learn pretty quickly.
İm 20 btw
anyone can learn quickly, just make sure you take time to evaluate and get techniques down pat, I would even go as far as getting a notebook and writing down certain things such as some striking combos, as well as takedowns, submissions, etc. and go back home and study them.

do you have plans to compete in the near future? I would say compete in a few grappling tournaments, then a few ammy kickboxing fights, maybe even take a boxing match if you wanted, and what that's gonna do is mold you into a well rounded fighter, so when you step in the cage, you already know how good you are on the feet and on the ground, so you won't be really worried at all where ever the fight may lead to.

anyone can learn quickly, just make sure you take time to evaluate and get techniques down pat, I would even go as far as getting a notebook and writing down certain things such as some striking combos, as well as takedowns, submissions, etc. and go back home and study them.

do you have plans to compete in the near future? I would say compete in a few grappling tournaments, then a few ammy kickboxing fights, maybe even take a boxing match if you wanted, and what that's gonna do is mold you into a well rounded fighter, so when you step in the cage, you already know how good you are on the feet and on the ground, so you won't be really worried at all where ever the fight may lead to.
thanks for the advice man.
İm going to do sparing and point fighting in my Kickboxing sessions.İ learnt all the techniques in 1 lesson each and the headcoach choose me betweem 25 or more students to go to the advanced class with the brown belts and black belts etc.İll gain more experience in the advanced class .
Also i thought about training for atleast 15 Months in both Kickboxing and Wrestling so i can move up some belts(to gain more confidence and feel like a boss) and then feel ready enough for competition. İ thought about fighting 1-2 fights and then going to the World Championships in Antalya.İ have a good feeling.İ also thought about getting into Contact with kickboxing Legend and current UFC Fighter Gökhan Saki.Hes living in İstanbul.İ have a good feeling

Back