JUSTIN "THE HIGHLIGHT" GAETHJE The Hardest Puncher@155?

Ever?
Matt “The Terra” Serra

Made the Iron chinned WW Goat TAP to STRIKES

AND KO’d Iron Jawed Frank “Twinkle Toes” Trigg

55’ers were so scared of Serra’s power the UFC got rid of the 55 class for some time, Due to fear of death by 55lb fighters.

Other 55’ers ran and hid in the WEC, while the TERRA KTFO’D the GREATEST WW of all time.

Matt would have been an unstoppable force at either weight class, but was truely scary at 55.

His love for Pasta, and hatred for training unfortunately did him in.

WAR TERRA!
I like your argument for Serra!

I still think McGregors timing and precision in the first round makes him the most lethal striker in the LW division.
Honorable mention goes to Barboza. The power he can generate with his kicks in very impressive.

There's no one that stands out now a days as a hard hitter at LW, not like how gomi did in his prime.

We do have guys like AI, Gaethje, Barboza, hooker, and taisumov who are some of the harder hitters in the division right now.

I think there's just so many now it's hard to stand out, was pretty rare to see a big ko artist 10 years ago at 155. I remember when Melvin Guillard came on the scene how eye opening it was.

I don't know the answer, but it's a great question and it actually spawns another maybe even better question: Is raw, one shot KO power completely overrated in MMA?

Think about it, you can make the argument that current LW is the best division in the HISTORY of MMA. I mean, it's debatable but the argument is there. And yet as we look through the long list of killers in the division, there is a noticeable lack of one shot KO artists.

If nothing else it's interesting to think about.

Guys are just so much more technical striking now and hard to hit clean especially at 155. Huge power is often as much of a curse as a blessing. It frequently creates lazy, defensively unsound, headhunting fighters. Plus with 4 oz. gloves all but the most pillow fisted of fighters can at least stun a guy enough to pound them out with a clean chin shot.

c1caf83a-2717-4a0e-b8c9-5535f9218d7c.0.0.jpg

i

method=get&rs=60&q=75&x=0&y=0&w=240&h=320&ro=0&s=727CC06F-1D09-6BFC-E5B99F1BFB16E6D5.jpg

rob-mccullough.jpg

No one stands out to me as a one hit ko guy other than barboza. I know others can and have, but it seems like every fight he could turn the lights out.

Barboza for hardest kicks
Trujillo for punches, guy isn't too skilled but when he lands it's brutal. His KO over Varner was vicious.
He was a 2 minute nightmare match up. Just raw power, but he never would progress forward.

2.gif

Only problem with guys like him is they get figured out. Then the Kos go bye bye.
Just like Chuck and Johnny.
Edit, and Conor bahaha

Fun fact former 155lb wec and ufc mma fighter kit cope, has more pro boxing ko’s than Conor lol.

15 career ko’s boxing, kickboxing and mma combined vs Conor’s 18 mma, but more of Kit’s Have wiki pages LOL!!

Razer Rob McCullough puts them both to shame however.

Back