Justin Gaethje vs. Dustin Poirier Targeted For UFC 223 (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
LW tourney, plus rose/jj and zabit

IN

Also I'll take gaethje, Rose, Ferguson, real estate al, taisumov, and KK altho felice could win a decision with her wrestling honestly

Fantastic fight. Can’t see Dustin’s chin holding up though. We get to see Justin do that insane backflip off the cage that makes me hold my breath every time he does it hoping he doesn’t fuck his shit up

<VinceShock>

This card is getting ridiculous. There's barely going to be any good fights to put on the following couple PPVs. RIP 224 and 225.

Gawd damn this is a great fight! UFC 223 is gonna be stacked as fuck.

UFC 223 so far:

Tony Ferguson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov- LW Title Fight
Rose Namajunas vs. Joanna Jedrzeczyk- WSW Title Fight
Justin Gaethje vs. Dustin Poirier
Al Iaquinta vs. Paul Felder
Mairbek Taisumov vs. Evan Dunham
Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Felice Herrig
Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. TBA
Michael Chiesa vs. TBA

That is an amazing card! And I love this fight!

Poirier smokes him most likely. Gaethje's chin has been cracked so he better start fighting smarter or he's gonna end up getting knocked out repeatedly.

Will watch 100%, but shouldn't Gaethje have had a longer rest.. why not Alvarez?

I'd choose Gaethje, but I'm not sure if his chin is still intact

KO'ing Poirier would put Gaethje right back on the doorstep to a #1 contender fight.

Why the fuck not Alvarez? Dustin's coming off a win,he should fight someone closer to the top. God I hate UFC's late matchmaking.

I wonder if JG's chin is starting to finally give. He has been rocked so many times before but it did not give out until recently. Surviving on a chin is Russian Roulette, as it will 100% give out someday.

Why the fuck not Alvarez? Dustin's coming off a win,he should fight someone closer to the top. God I hate UFC's late matchmaking.

Pretty sure Alvarez has been quoted as saying he's "moved on" from that matchup. What are they supposed to do if Alvarez won't accept?

Gaethje is #5, Poirier #6. Barboza just got destroyed, he's out for awhile. Eddie declined, Khabib vs Tony is happening, and Conor is obviously not going to fight him again. It's a fine matchup.

Awesome fight, but Gaethje is coming off a loss and Poirier is building steam towards a title shot. This is a step backwards for Dustin, he should be fighting Alvarez for #1 contender.

Great fight but it doesn't really make any sense at all tbh.
Sure it does: Justin's last win is against the guy that handed DP his last loss and Im guessing Eddie is probably tied up or sitting for a reason. Plus, Dustin loves guys that scrap and will yield a FOTN bonus. I also think Dustin sees something that he can exploit there and will get the interim or legit (?) TS if/when Kabob pulls or misses weight. Smart move, considering Khabib and Tony have been scheduled 3 times and have a 100% failure rate.

Back