Justin Gaethje is now testing free agency...

BamBamBranham

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Do you guys think he will sight a contract with ufc... i know a lot of guys count these fighters that come over from bellator and wsof out and dont think they've really been challenged... i guess we will see how david branch does in his return against Jotko... but i think there are a lot of interesting matchups for Gaethje in the UFC... both prospects and top 15 fighters....

I think Mark Diakiese vs Justin Gaethje would be a fun matchup...

Also Al Iaquinta, Gilbert Melendez, Kevin Lee, Beneil Dariush, Dustin Poirier, Nate Diaz, Michael Johnson, and Eddie Alvarez... All seem like fun matchups... not saying he could beat all these guys or even one of them.... but an entertaining fight with any of them absolutely...

Even if he decided to move up to welterweight... there could be some good matchups:

Mike Perry
Matt Brown
Jake Ellenberger
Tarec Saffiedine
Donald Cerrone
Neil Magny
Jorge Masvidal...

I dont know how successful he would be but as far a entertaining matchups there are a lot of them for him in the UFC... dont see why they would pass on him...

Another person i have heard talk about entering free agency is Marlon Moraes... i heard ufc was trying to get him signed to fight Jimmie Rivera... that would have been a great test for him to see where he is at as far as the ufc rankings go.... but a lot of good matchups for him in the ufc too..

What do you guys think where will they end up? And how would they do against the ufc talents?

Last edited:
Kevin Lee seems like the right match-up to me, he should get someone ranked at this point.

In my opinion, I can he can beat Eddie Alvarez . And I'm kinda surprise Justin couldn't finish Melvin guillard .

Put him against Diego Sanchez for his debut.

Like i said i just think it would be one of the best signigs that they can make right now... just so many options on who to pit him against and his style of fighting would make for a hell of a fight againt a lot of the top 15... i think Justin Gaethje vs Michael Johnson would be a helluva fight.

He'd be a great addition to LW. I just hope he cleans up his defense.

Gaethje is fucking dope anyone who says otherwise literally hates exciting fights. Think he'd have some success in UFC I dont see him beating the cream of the crop but the guys tough as nails and fun as fuck to watch. I wish him the best plain and simple.

Such an exciting fighter but his defence will cost him in the UFC top 10

Poirier would be a good one, but he's got a fight lined up and who knows how that's going. Iaquinta, or hell just give him Barboza, Gaethje vs Barboza would be sick while it lasted, either Gatehjes forward pressure and KO power get the job done, or Barboza gets it done in spectacular fashion due to Gaethjes spotty defense. Battle of the leg kicks, Former WSOF LW champ Gathjes undefeated record on the line vs a streaking dominant Barboza.. Would make a killer Fox headliner IMO the UFC couldn't go wrong.

Damn, I hope the UFC signs him. He's one of the most exciting fighters in the game today. This dude comes to fight!

Kevin Lee seems like the right match-up to me, he should get someone ranked at this point.

That's an interesting fight and I'd put my money on Gaethje. He's a very good wrestler, he just doesn't use it. I see him being able to keep it standing and beating Lee up on the feet. Lee's really good, but Gaethje just happen to have the right style to deal with him. He's a great wrestler himself and is a better and much more dangerous striker than Lee.

Last edited:
Put him against Diego Sanchez for his debut.

I don't know, man. After that Lauzon fight, I don't think Diego can hang in there fighting like a mad dog like he use to anymore. After that, he started fighting smart and actually managed to pull out some nice wins like the Held one, but he did that fighting like a grappler. I think that he would get murked in the first by Gaethje at this point of his career.

That's an interesting fight and I'd put my money on Gaethje. He's a very good wrestler, he just doesn't use it. I see him being able to keep it standing and beating Lee up on the feet. Lee's really good, but Gaethje just happen to have the right style to deal with him. He's a great wrestler himself and is a better and much more dangerous striker than Lee.

That's why I like it so much. I really hope the UFC signs both him and Marlon, as I think he's already borderline top 10, and could use a nice ranked win to prove it, while Marlon should get thrown in the deep end against anybody outside the big 3 at BW, possibly Dodson once he beats Wineland or maybe Lineker.

WSOF developed some pretty solid champs in Gaethje, Marlon, and Branch.

hope ufc signs him. He is the most exciting fighter in all of mma. All his fights have a plethora of violence

I think that he (Sanchez) would get murked in the first by Gaethje at this point of his career.

That's the best case scenario for Gaethje. Fans need to be introduced to the WSOF killer who destroys oponents before you give him the tougher fights.

Sanchez tells the Gaethje story. If not I also like Ross Pearson, Chad Laprise or the James Vick/Polo Reyes winner.

Last edited:
War Gaethje
would love to see him diss UFC lol
InsistentAllBluetonguelizard.gif

Back