Justin Buchholz finally admits Faber is a problem

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Kaiokenrye24, Aug 10, 2018.

1. machidafan99

machidafan99 Silver Belt

I thought TJ left because he was getting paid to train somewhere else

2. MEAN357

MEAN357 DMF belt

Lost to TJs goat pct imo

3. Siesta

Siesta Brown Belt

Faber is a very frugal retired surfer\skateboarder looking dude. That's his problem.

4. thelittleman

thelittleman Blue Belt

I agree with your point, but i think you used a bad example...

Hendo beat both Big Nog and Fedor, the first time he fought each of one them!

“It definitely was the toughest night of fighting I’ve ever had. It showed me that I could really do things if I wanted to; push through things. Mentally, it made me a lot stronger. I entered that tournament because I was broke. I’d moved up to Oregon and I needed some money to continue to train to make the Olympic team in 2000, and I did it just for the show-up money that I’d get to enter. I think I got paid like seven grand to show up for the first event [“Block A” on 10/28/99], and if you won you made a little bit of money for the win. If I took second place I would have made $30,000. For first place, I made $230,000.”

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. fortheo

fortheo Gold Belt

Dom said this years ago, TJ has said this, common sense has said this, now Justin says this. The only people that weren't saying this were hardkore and agibbsonmma

6. I WILL CUT YOU

I WILL CUT YOU Calamity from the Heavens

Hendo beating Nog in RINGS was a robbery.

7. I WILL CUT YOU

I WILL CUT YOU Calamity from the Heavens

My original argument stands, Cody is not the most talented 135er ever. And yes, I can say that we don't know how good his wrestling is based off a sprawl and a takedown against a Dom Cruz who was a) worried about the striking and b) the worst Cruz we have seen.

I will not concede. To be a great wrestler you have to prove it more than once against one guy.

I mean if he is so great, knowing TJ already besmirched his chin, he maybe should have used that wrestling, no?

Could be a great wrestler, not enough data.
    Definitely not the most talented 135er of all time.

8. Underdog bjj jp

Underdog bjj jp Brown Belt

nah I still think cody would knock his ass out, the first fight proved that, t.j couldnt even walk to his corner after the first round, a few seconds and he was done . You know when you're trying knock someone out and walk to the same punch 3 times its definitely emotions

9. ArtOfDrowning

ArtOfDrowning Lecter Belt

But but but but but but but but family for life? Don't leave your team brah? Team Alpha Male forever bitch? Everyone who leaves the team are bitches? Right Justin Buttholes? Right?

Oh no wait, when you do it then it's ok. Just fuck off! TJ was right from the start to leave that retarded gym.

10. riitzni

riitzni Silver Belt

Toluca Prison, hanging with the convicts and carvi
    Basically.

Faber gets chin-hurt at the smallest slights real or imagined and will never hesitate to throw someone under the bus if it means keeping himself looking good. He's smart enough to be king of the meatheads but that's about it.

11. kammfreudenstei

kammfreudenstei Brown Belt

He's top 5 for sure, I think he can beat everyone not named TJ. Moraes and Assuncao would be great tests

12. Nihongi

Nihongi Black Belt

Benavidez left TAM too!?
    <DCrying>

13. davisxp

davisxp Blue Belt

I can't get the image of Urijah farting with his chin out of my head now. Thank you. :D

14. molest

molest Purple Belt

It feels like Uriah saw that Duane got so popular it almost broke the team and decided to fire Bucholz before he got big enough to not have the same problem again.
    Urijah is kind of in a tough spot because all the other top camps are mostly owned by the coaches.

15. Dbreiden83080

Dbreiden83080 Steel Belt

Dominic is past his prime as a fighter, but still when I look back on that fight after what happened with Cody and his two fights with TJ, I am baffled how he managed to be so great against Dominic on that night? He was patient, he beautifully counterpunched, he never got frustrated even though in the fifth round Dominic was coming on and doing better. That is one of the weirdest results of all time given how great Dominic is. Just incredibly weird.

16. lsu480

lsu480 Yellow Belt

You are 100% correct about his career to date but we will see what the future holds

Gamer007 likes this.
  17. Naj85

Naj85 Orange Belt

[​IMG]

18. gunlok

gunlok Brown Belt

14:07

Nick Diaz was right all along.

19. Mug

Mug Blue Belt

If one head coach leaves on bad terms its just a fall out, if two leave then there might be a common factor and that is Faber

If you keep pushing out people who are trying to evolve your fighters then they are all just going to plateau, lose fights and your gym loses credibility I cant imagine why you would self sabotage

Maybe Faber sees coaches teaching fighters new things and then the fighters talking about how theyve just had their eyes opened to a different look and Faber is jealous because he created it

That being said I really think TJ has always had Codys number in the gym but that one flash knockdown gave Cody his confidence to take the fight and think he will + pressure from TAM, also, the horrible fight IQ of getting hit with the same punch three times was a reason for the loss

20. Miiiiiiighty

Miiiiiiighty Silver Belt

Garbrandt must have some kind of complex, he clearly has emotions management issues..
    He needs to work on this to get his emotions under control..
    Let's not forget the guy was shook and angry as fuck when a 60 years old Van Damme landed a weak slap kick on him... and was all over the social medias yelling that he would beat/trounce him in a real fight... Nuff' said...