Justin Buchholz finally admits Faber is a problem

Cody had a good game plan, especially the second time, but clearly needs to learn how to not get too aggressively careless when he hurts his opponents.

The funny thing is when he hurt Cruz he should have gone wild where as when he hurt TJ he should have played it cool like he did with Cruz.

Faber should be the public face of the team and handle the business side. If he wants that team to succeed, he needs to hire a stud trainer and let him go to work without any interference.

Write the checks and shut your mouth Uriah. That’s what smart business people do. Hire the best peopl and let them earn for you.

I also feel like Uriah pushed the rematch with Dana where the smart choice would have been to build Cody up again and teach him to fix his flaws for the rematch.

Uhh, TJ?

Cody is a good offensive puncher. Nothing more.

TJ came from grappling to be the best striker in the division.

Also, he has what, 2 top 10 wins? Lol his lack of defense and chin will catch up to him. Hard to say how talented a guy is when he's fought 4 fights vs top 10 guys and is 2-2 in those fights.

"Talent" isn't keeping your chin up and out while throwing punches. This thing that neophytes do where a fighter wins a couple fights and is all of a sudden the GOAT in the division is hilarious.
Cody outgrappled cruz. Cruz outgrappled tj. Cody is the superior wrestler it's been mentioned from tam guys before that Cody used to get the better of tj wrestling

~DaViD~

Cody outgrappled cruz. Cruz outgrappled tj. Cody is the superior wrestler it's been mentioned from tam guys before that Cody used to get the better of tj wrestling

~DaViD~

That's mmath, which doesn't work. For instance, if Big Nog beat Dan Henderson and Fedor beat Nog, then Fedor should beat Hendo, right?

Styles make fights, sometimes one guy may have the right skillset to beat one guy but not beat someone that guy beat (or outgrappled).

The bottom line is, Cody has just a couple top 10 wins. You can talk talent all you want (Erick Silva, Brandon Vera) but the proof is in the wins.

And lol @ using Team Alpha Male as evidence. They also said Cody used to destroy TJ in striking yet here we are, in two fights Cody lasted a total of less than three rounds and got ktfo twice by TJ.

Your argument is shit. Cody is a good fighter but still has a lot to prove, especially he has to prove that he can keep a hand up while throwing a punch because his chin isn't doing him any favors.

That's mmath, which doesn't work. For instance, if Big Nog beat Dan Henderson and Fedor beat Nog, then Fedor should beat Hendo, right?

Styles make fights, sometimes one guy may have the right skillset to beat one guy but not beat someone that guy beat (or outgrappled).

The bottom line is, Cody has just a couple top 10 wins. You can talk talent all you want (Erick Silva, Brandon Vera) but the proof is in the wins.

And lol @ using Team Alpha Male as evidence. They also said Cody used to destroy TJ in striking yet here we are, in two fights Cody lasted a total of less than three rounds and got ktfo twice by TJ.

Your argument is shit. Cody is a good fighter but still has a lot to prove, especially he has to prove that he can keep a hand up while throwing a punch because his chin isn't doing him any favors.
All I'm saying is that Cody is an excellent wrestler as a reply to you saying he only has a right hand or striking

~DaViD~

All I'm saying is that Cody is an excellent wrestler as a reply to you saying he only has a right hand or striking

~DaViD~

Yeah because what he did in high school matters? Lol you act like Dom and Cody had an ADCC match when there was very very little grappling involved.

Maybe, before we start saying stupid hyperboles about fighters, we should see how well they do over several fights in the top 10.

I said long ago that TJ was gonna look far better long term than TAM after all the losers were bandwagoning the snake and anti TJ stuff. TAM peaked with Bang and wont be the same. They might not even last much longer

Cody got owned. TJ has his number. LMAO at all the Cody fanbois in here trying to justify his losses. "It was his teams fault! It was Fabers fault! Oh my god high school bullshit distracted him!"

BULLSHIT! TJ beat him. Its as simple as that. He is not as good and definitely not a better fighter than TJ. This was proven TWICE.

this was a year ago

i never understood why justin bucholz was in the ufc in the first place.
he literally started doing mma because he's friends with faber, and he literally got into the ufc because of faber.

not that great of a fighter, got an opportunity to TUF, got the opportunity to be a coach at alpha male, but now realizing that faber has retired for years and it's probably time to leech elsewhere?

I said long ago that TJ was gonna look far better long term than TAM after all the losers were bandwagoning the snake and anti TJ stuff. TAM peaked with Bang and wont be the same. They might not even last much longer
Lets hope youre right and they go the way of the dinosaur

Out of all the times that coaches should of taken some blame or should have done things better, these 2 fights are simply not one of them... If cody doesnt know not to swing like hes fighting a top 15 fighter in his division by now or especially after the first fight, then there is simply nothing a coach can do, im sure he has been told to stay technical... thats something everyone says and it holds almost 0 weight.

Its not TAM's fault, its not fabers fault, its Cody's fault... for losing his technique and letting his emotions get to him that simply feed his ego in the middle of the fight like "oh i tagged him, so therefore i can keep doing it without repercussions"

You cant blame anyone but Cody for both of these loses, especially the 2nd one because of the similar ending as the first and its a shame, because if Cody fights with respect, he seems to be the better striker, at least from the short sample vs TJ.

Yeah because what he did in high school matters? Lol you act like Dom and Cody had an ADCC match when there was very very little grappling involved.

Maybe, before we start saying stupid hyperboles about fighters, we should see how well they do over several fights in the top 10.
Who else has ever taken down dom? He has goat tier tdd and Cody took him down. That would mean Cody is a very very good wrestler it's not that hard to understand

~DaViD~

You guys are unbelievable!! Cody has only lost to 1 guy... a fighter, who happens to be 1 of the greatest 135 pound fighters ever!! Now you are looking for someone to blame!

Faber is an absolute legend of the sport. T A M has produced 2 out of 3 of the best BW fighters of all-time, 1 of whom happens to be TJ!! Way to put things into perspective.

How old is Cody??? What was TJ’s record and what had he accomplished up to that point, when he was Cody’s age???

Cody is still an incredible fighter. If you can’t see that, that just shows how much you don’t know.

You are emotional homer. I never said Cody is a bad fighter, I think he is a rare talent. He lost because TJ got better coaching while by tam is getting worse because Faber keeps drives good coaches because he is an insecure little man

Who else has ever taken down dom? He has goat tier tdd and Cody took him down. That would mean Cody is a very very good wrestler it's not that hard to understand

~DaViD~

It's a takedown dude. When you're worried about the striking it leaves you open for the takedown. I mean, going by TDD% Cruz isn't even in the top 20. Guys like Eddie Wineland and Ian McCall have better numbers.

Gus took Jones down, you think Gus is a better grappler? Styles make fights, sometimes one guy matches up well with the other guy. It's not that hard to understand.

It's an interesting claim, especially when you consider that Urijah is the founder of TAM and has a media friendly personality. It's his business, and while fighters and coaches come and go he has to live there. But I can see it interfering and alienating people, especially if he is running around paranoid after being burned by TJ.

It's a takedown dude. When you're worried about the striking it leaves you open for the takedown. I mean, going by TDD% Cruz isn't even in the top 20. Guys like Eddie Wineland and Ian McCall have better numbers.

Gus took Jones down, you think Gus is a better grappler? Styles make fights, sometimes one guy matches up well with the other guy. It's not that hard to understand.
Gus is a very good grappler himself that's the point. You can not say that Cody is not a very good wrestler when he took down dom. It just makes no sense otherwise. You're now just holding onto your side of the argument to be a dick! It's not that hard to understand.

~DaViD~

Back