Justin Buchholz finally admits Faber is a problem

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Kaiokenrye24, Aug 10, 2018.

1. benebox

benebox Brown Belt

Cody had a good game plan, especially the second time, but clearly needs to learn how to not get too aggressively careless when he hurts his opponents.

The funny thing is when he hurt Cruz he should have gone wild where as when he hurt TJ he should have played it cool like he did with Cruz.

MPD-Psycho likes this.
  2. benebox

benebox Brown Belt

I also feel like Uriah pushed the rematch with Dana where the smart choice would have been to build Cody up again and teach him to fix his flaws for the rematch.

3. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Green Belt

Cody outgrappled cruz. Cruz outgrappled tj. Cody is the superior wrestler it's been mentioned from tam guys before that Cody used to get the better of tj wrestling

~DaViD~

4. ripsta619

ripsta619 Green Belt

Why not both?

MPD-Psycho likes this.
  5. I WILL CUT YOU

I WILL CUT YOU Calamity from the Heavens

That's mmath, which doesn't work. For instance, if Big Nog beat Dan Henderson and Fedor beat Nog, then Fedor should beat Hendo, right?

Styles make fights, sometimes one guy may have the right skillset to beat one guy but not beat someone that guy beat (or outgrappled).

The bottom line is, Cody has just a couple top 10 wins. You can talk talent all you want (Erick Silva, Brandon Vera) but the proof is in the wins.

And lol @ using Team Alpha Male as evidence. They also said Cody used to destroy TJ in striking yet here we are, in two fights Cody lasted a total of less than three rounds and got ktfo twice by TJ.

Your argument is shit. Cody is a good fighter but still has a lot to prove, especially he has to prove that he can keep a hand up while throwing a punch because his chin isn't doing him any favors.

6. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Green Belt

All I'm saying is that Cody is an excellent wrestler as a reply to you saying he only has a right hand or striking

~DaViD~

7. I WILL CUT YOU

Yeah because what he did in high school matters? Lol you act like Dom and Cody had an ADCC match when there was very very little grappling involved.

Maybe, before we start saying stupid hyperboles about fighters, we should see how well they do over several fights in the top 10.

8. ExitLUPin

ExitLUPin K

I said long ago that TJ was gonna look far better long term than TAM after all the losers were bandwagoning the snake and anti TJ stuff. TAM peaked with Bang and wont be the same. They might not even last much longer

Halifax likes this.
  9. surrealworlds

surrealworlds Green Belt

Cody got owned. TJ has his number. LMAO at all the Cody fanbois in here trying to justify his losses. "It was his teams fault! It was Fabers fault! Oh my god high school bullshit distracted him!"

BULLSHIT! TJ beat him. Its as simple as that. He is not as good and definitely not a better fighter than TJ. This was proven TWICE.

10. nyquil

nyquil Blue Belt

this was a year ago

i never understood why justin bucholz was in the ufc in the first place.
    he literally started doing mma because he's friends with faber, and he literally got into the ufc because of faber.

not that great of a fighter, got an opportunity to TUF, got the opportunity to be a coach at alpha male, but now realizing that faber has retired for years and it's probably time to leech elsewhere?

11. Kaiokenrye24

Kaiokenrye24 Brown Belt

Buchholz didnt become hc after tj left and became tam vs everyone. He's not a great coach but he did provide some leadership and structure

12. Kaiokenrye24

Kaiokenrye24 Brown Belt

Lets hope youre right and they go the way of the dinosaur

13. TomTomNT

TomTomNT Purple Belt

Out of all the times that coaches should of taken some blame or should have done things better, these 2 fights are simply not one of them... If cody doesnt know not to swing like hes fighting a top 15 fighter in his division by now or especially after the first fight, then there is simply nothing a coach can do, im sure he has been told to stay technical... thats something everyone says and it holds almost 0 weight.

Its not TAM's fault, its not fabers fault, its Cody's fault... for losing his technique and letting his emotions get to him that simply feed his ego in the middle of the fight like "oh i tagged him, so therefore i can keep doing it without repercussions"

You cant blame anyone but Cody for both of these loses, especially the 2nd one because of the similar ending as the first and its a shame, because if Cody fights with respect, he seems to be the better striker, at least from the short sample vs TJ.

14. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Green Belt

Who else has ever taken down dom? He has goat tier tdd and Cody took him down. That would mean Cody is a very very good wrestler it's not that hard to understand

~DaViD~

Possum likes this.
  15. latoya johnson

latoya johnson Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card Yellow Card

KO Finger, you're back! ^_^

16. Kaiokenrye24

Kaiokenrye24 Brown Belt

You are emotional homer. I never said Cody is a bad fighter, I think he is a rare talent. He lost because TJ got better coaching while by tam is getting worse because Faber keeps drives good coaches because he is an insecure little man

17. I WILL CUT YOU

It's a takedown dude. When you're worried about the striking it leaves you open for the takedown. I mean, going by TDD% Cruz isn't even in the top 20. Guys like Eddie Wineland and Ian McCall have better numbers.

Gus took Jones down, you think Gus is a better grappler? Styles make fights, sometimes one guy matches up well with the other guy. It's not that hard to understand.

18. ocfightfan

ocfightfan Gold Belt

It's an interesting claim, especially when you consider that Urijah is the founder of TAM and has a media friendly personality. It's his business, and while fighters and coaches come and go he has to live there. But I can see it interfering and alienating people, especially if he is running around paranoid after being burned by TJ.

19. Make Sherdog Great Again

Make Sherdog Great Again #MSGA

The guy that just knocked him into the next dimension twice in a row would probably disagree.

20. Johnsonville

Johnsonville Green Belt

Gus is a very good grappler himself that's the point. You can not say that Cody is not a very good wrestler when he took down dom. It just makes no sense otherwise. You're now just holding onto your side of the argument to be a dick! It's not that hard to understand.

~DaViD~