Justin blunders all over India

sangreporsangre

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
SP47HDLSZ4YJXAM26UHFK4UU7U.jpg

So our PM is on a state visit to India which is turning out to be quite the fiasco. India is a country we've been trying to negotiate a better trade agreement with for a long time now. This visit wasn't supposed to finalize that or anything it's more of a goodwill trip to try to smooth things over with India for the Liberals. Their government is pissed at ours because the Liberal Party has long been accused/understood to have deep ties with Khalistani Sikh separatists. Trudeau especially pissed off India last year when he went to a Khalistani rally.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...ms-presence-at-khalsa-day/article18420866.ece

So it's understandable that they've been pretty frosty towards Justin. PM Modi didn't greet him getting off the plane, he sent a junior minister in chinos and a windbreaker. He got in on Saturday and Modi isn't meeting him until today, Friday. So instead it seems he's just on an expensive family vacation on our dime for 8 days, posing for pics with his family in a different outfit everywhere they go.

2018_2img19_Feb_2018_PTI2_19_2018_000037B-e1519033312891-696x498.jpg

gallery_1_1.jpg

5a8f6bc2dda4c8075a8b460b.jpg

Apparently a lot of Indian people think that he's a bit much with all this, and quite a few media outlets from there are clowning on him. People here are dumping on him for stuff like hyping a 2-way investment deal with India they just signed as resulting in $1 billion coming into Canada (when it's actually $250 million into Canada and $750 million to India), bringing along a celebrity Indian-Canadian chef who also happens to be a prominent Liberal supporter again on our dime (the Liberals defended it by saying it's diplomatic tradition to bring top chefs from your country on state visits to cook for host officials....but an Indian chef to India? Really?), and mostly for the overall photo-op feel of the whole thing.

But now the Indian government is pretty pissed. His main job was to smooth things over and it looks like his team has totally shit the bed on that. They invited an Indian-Canadian guy named Jaspal Atwal to a formal dinner at the Canadian High Commission in Delhi - he's a former member of a Khalistani extremist group who was convicted of attempted murder 30 years ago for trying to kill an Indian politician who was visiting Canada. He also was charged in another attempted murder (of Ujjal Dosanjh, also a Liberal who went on to be the premier of BC) and was convicted of being part of a car insurance scam, all around great guy.

Justin Trudeau’s turbulent trip to India is raising eyebrows as the Prime Minister’s Office deals with the fallout of its invitation to a convicted attempted murderer.

Trudeau’s office has said an invitation issued to Jaspal Atwal for a dinner at the Canadian High Commission in Delhi on Thursday night was a mistake and was rescinded as soon as it was discovered.

Atwal also posed for photographs with Sophie Gregoire Trudeau and Infrastructure Minister Amarjeet Sohi at an event in Mumbai.

http://nationalpost.com/news/politi...ip-over-invitation-error-reports-of-modi-snub

So yea he didn't end up at this dinner, but he legit had an invitation from an MP plus he was at an event with a bunch of high-ranking Liberals a couple nights ago where he took pics with Mrs Trudeau plus a cabinet minister. He traveled on his own to India though, not exactly sure how they let him in the country with his record.

sophie-trudeau-jaspal-atwal.jpg

jaspal-atwal-amarjit-sohi.jpg

Like this government had 1 job here really and they fucked it up. Or did they? One wonders how far this government will go to hold on to the Sikh vote, and the Khalistani vote specifically as it's said that there a very healthy percentage of the Sikh diaspora here is sympathetic to that movement. Now that the leader of the NDP is a Sikh, who has been accused of being a Khalistan supporter himself, will the Liberals ethnic-bloc, identity-politic based way of doing business backfire on them? Maybe they wanted to prove that they're still down, at the expense of a relationship with India that they figured isn't really salvageable at this point anyway. CTs aside, you have to think that a major motivation of this trip was to campaign for Indian vote in the next election, which isn't very cool since this is costing a lot of OUR money. This PM is a constant source of embarrassment and his government seems to be out for themselves rather than the people they represent. Harper's government was full of shit, but they were right about one thing: he's just not ready.

Could Trudeau cease to be a parody of himself for like...15 goddamn minutes?

This Atwal guy seems to be a long-time LPC supporter and has rubbed elbows with a lot of high-ranking Liberals over the years.

jaspal-atwal-and-justin-trudeau.png

jaspal-atwal.jpg

Here he is with former party leader Michael Ignatieff

jaspal-atwal-and-michael-ignatieff.jpg

Another former party leader in Bob Rae

jaspal-atwal-and-bob-rae.jpg

With cabinet ministers here Carla Qualtrough and in the background of a pic with John McCallum

jaspal-atwal-with-carla-qualtrough.png

jaspal-atwal.png

And yet there is one more pic that shows perhaps an even more powerful connection....that shows he's worked his way into not just the upper echelons of the Liberal Party but into true Canadian royalty itself.

jaspal-atwal-and-wayne-gretzky.png

<TheWire1><TheWire1><TheWire1>

...bringing along a celebrity Indian-Canadian chef who also happens to be a prominent Liberal supporter again on our dime (the Liberals defended it by saying it's diplomatic tradition to bring top chefs from your country on state visits to cook for host officials....

Is this statement true? It should be easy to prove or disprove.

Is it really a tradition to fly a chef overseas with the head of state during official state visits?

Doctors, press officers, security personnel...I understand. But, a traveling chef....?

Surely an intrepid reporter can research the history of a traveling diplomatic chef.

Is this statement true? It should be easy to prove or disprove.

Is it really a tradition to fly a chef overseas with the head of state during official state visits?

Doctors, press officers, security personnel...I understand. But, a traveling chef....?

Surely an intrepid reporter can research the history of a traveling diplomatic chef.

Nope.

He looks ridiculous ....it's like he tries to do it on purpose.
What an embarrassment. .

Jesus Christ. Just when I thought that this asshole couldn't get any more embarrassing. He's being openly mocked by Indians for playing dress up with his family.

Justin-Trudeau-India-960x540.jpg

It's enough to make me vote Tory in the next election. (Well, not really, but I am sick of looking at Trudeau's face every day in the media.)

So I take it Joshua Boyle was too busy to come to dinner?

He's very photogenic, gotta give him that.

Jesus Christ. Just when I thought that this asshole couldn't get any more embarrassing. He's being openly mocked by Indians for playing dress up with his family.

It's enough to make me vote Tory in the next election. (Well, not really, but I am sick of looking at Trudeau's face every day in the media.)

For the first time in my adult life I will be.

Jesus, Justin Trudeau brings cringe to a whole new level.

I'm the last person you'll see yelling "cultural appropriation" and shit but images like this just piss me off for some reason and I'm not even part Indian.

It seriously looks like white people dressing up for Halloween and going through the motions without actually realizing the purpose of the motions. Like when you see every goddamn pacific islands team doing this even if the team is made up of white and black dudes and no islanders:

I know the All Blacks is pretty mixed in terms of their team's ethnic make up so it might not be the greatest example but at least MOST of them come from New Zealand and understand the purpose of it and "get it" so to speak.

Imagine some Indian fruitcake who was pretending to be "understanding" coming here (america) and dressing up in colonial day outfits, and sagging jeans and huge white tees, and overalls and straw hats etc.. That's what this ass is doing.

So, why exactly is he playing dress-up? I honestly don't get it. What's the point? Why the prayer hands?

Back