JUSTICE LEAGUE v.6 (Lowest Grossing DCEU Film; Henry Cavill Shaves Mustache)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Nov 16, 2017.

?

If you have seen JUSTICE LEAGUE, how would you rate it?

1. 10 - Excellent

1.0%
  2. 9 - Great

4.6%
  3. 8 - Good

16.3%
  4. 7 - Pretty Good

21.9%
  5. 6 - Decent

23.0%
  6. 5 - Average

12.8%
  7. 4 - Poor

9.2%
  8. 3 - Bad

5.1%
  9. 2 - Terribad

2.0%
  10. 1 - Abysmal (Explain)

4.1%
  1. Dragonlordxxxxx

Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Fans, wanting a Zack Snyder directors cut of Justice League, organized a protest outside Warner Bros. office and here's how many that showed up.

[​IMG]

2. heavyarms21

heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

Monumental

3. irish_thug

irish_thug Steel Belt

Isn't that everyone who went to see the movie?

4. heavyarms21

heavyarms21 Ryozanpaku Belt

Twice

5. One MMA Fan

One MMA Fan #1

I don't like this kind of stuff with different versions of the movie.

I don't want a "Snyder" cut I don't want an "extended" cut I don't want crap like that make a good movie make your best effort into that 1 print then go with it all the way. Screw this "the movie was so so but just you wait till the BluRay then you get the proper version of the movie" then WTF did I go and see the one in cinemas for? why the heck didn't you just release that one then, why did we spent time seeing the old one and talking it and reviewing it, debating it etc etc.

Enough with this bullshit that in the end is a gimmick to sell more and a cop out to the filmmaker / studio for less then expected results with their product.

You have cool scenes that you filmed but didn't get to be in the movie ? then do what most other directors/studios do and add them as "deleted / cut scenes" have at it but don't cancel the version of the movie you put out before and make me have to see the "new" extra 30 minutes different edited/cut version cause that's when I say nope I'm out.

6. Mariah Larry

Mariah Larry 2018 #7 Larriest

Seriously where are Mr. Sweatsuit's hands on the far right?

TheWorm and chickenluver like this.
  7. Ikuza

Ikuza Purple Belt

I thought it was already confirmed that a Snyder Cut was impossible.

chickenluver and heavyarms21 like this.
  8. val_lixembeau

val_lixembeau Blue Belt

I'm not saying that he can't write comics that people enjoy; the sales numbers show that. But he's still a hack. His commercial success doesn't change the fact that artistically his work is meh. For movies, I believe that's a problem because the investment is so large, and second chances are so hard to come by. That means you have to put absolutely the best possible product out on all levels.

Even here in this thread, you guys are saying that you like reading his work. Great. I haven't read any arguments saying he's a great writer though.

9. LilMountain

LilMountain Section 20 Operative

As far as I'm concerned that's synonymous. This isn't beach reads vs literary classics. Superhero graphic novels are already beach reads imo, and great writers within that genre are those that can tell intriguing memorable stories that you enjoy and makes you want to come back for more

10. Dragonlordxxxxx

Technically it's possible to actualize Zack Snyder's Cut vision but Warner Bros. have to fork over $20-$40 million (estimate) to finish the CGI and get back the cast to do some extensive reshoots. WB, and any other reasonable studio, won't do that. It's like throwing money into the fire.

chickenluver and Ikuza like this.
  11. Mariah Larry

But, like, thirteen nerds showed up! And a creepy old dude in sweatpants who wouldn't show his hands.

12. KnightTemplar

KnightTemplar Infinity Belt Platinum Member

<bball2>

13. MMouse

MMouse Brown Belt

I want the cut were everything is done correctly meaning no JL or BVS

14. ufcfan4

ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

Fun movie in my opinion. If it pales in comparison to what it could have been, that's one thing. But I thought it was a reasonably good comic book film. Never felt that it dragged and all the JL characters had something interesting to do.

One MMA Fan and Dragonlordxxxxx like this.
  15. Mariah Larry

16. Dragonlordxxxxx

The creepier thing is I think he looks like a young person with fake gray hair and beard.

[​IMG]

17. Mariah Larry

Who said you could post a picture of me online?!

18. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: January 9, 2018

Sue Kroll Axed as WB's Marketing Head, Toby Emmerich Promoted to WB Chairman

As Warner Bros. shakes up its top executive ranks, Sue Kroll is stepping down as the president of worldwide marketing and distribution, while Toby Emmerich has been named chairman of the Warner Bros. Pictures Group with full oversight of worldwide theatrical production, marketing and distribution.

As part of Warners' reorganization, Blair Rich will head global theatrical and home entertainment marketing as president, worldwide marketing, Warner Bros. Pictures Group and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. Ron Sanders will serve as president, worldwide distribution, Warner Bros. Pitures Group, assuming responsibility for global theatrical distribution while retaining his role as president, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.

In a memo to staff, Tsujihara noted that the restructuring is meant to make the studio "more competitive in the global marketplace."

Kroll has had one of the longest tenures in Hollywood of any female executive, having been at the studio for 24 years. She will become a studio-based producer at Warners with offices in the Jack Warner bungalow. Kroll will be attached as producer to the upcoming films A Star Is Born and Motherless Brooklyn when she moves into her new producing role on April 1.

Until then, Kroll will work with Tsujihara as a special advisor on the restructuring of the studio's film and home entertainment divisions. She also will continue to oversee awards campaigns for Dunkirk and Wonder Woman as well as advise on select studio releases such as Steven Spielberg's Ready Player One, which will be released in March.

Emmerich and Kroll, along with Greg Silverman, were named to a triumvirate running the studio under Tsujihara in 2013, but now only Emmerich remains. In December 2016, Silverman was ousted as the studio's president of worldwide production and replaced with Emmerich, the then-head of New Line.

In June 2016, Kroll extended her contract with the Burbank-based studio in a multiyear deal. She originally joined Warner Bros. in 1994 and has been one of the film division’s senior-most marketing executives for nearly two decades, serving first as senior vp, international marketing and then president, international marketing, from 2000-2007.

In 2008, Kroll was elevated to president, worldwide marketing. and in 2013, she added responsibility for international distribution to her purview; in 2015, she was named president, worldwide marketing and distribution.

During Kroll's tenure, the film division has crossed the $1 billion mark domestically and internationally in each of the last 18 years; in 2009, Warner Bros. became the first major studio to cross $4 billion in a single year without the addition of secondary division’s receipts; and in 2013, Warner Bros. Pictures became only the second studio in history to cross $5 billion in global box office. Last year was the biggest year in the studio’s history, with $5.13 billion in global box office. But while Warners enjoyed major successes with Wonder Woman and It, its big superhero tentpoles Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad and, most recently, Justice League, underperformed in theaters.

Kroll was behind the campaigns for the studio's billion-dollar franchises like Harry Potter and Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, and during her tenure the studio also won the best picture Oscar for Argo and received best picture nominations for such films as The Blind Side, Inception, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, Gravity, Her, American Sniper and Mad Max: Fury Road.

Rich, who most recently let the marketing efforts on It and helped direct campaigns for such films as Dunkirk and Wonder Woman, will now lead the development and execution of all marketing campaigns for both the studio's global theatrical and home entertainment releases. She will have oversight of Warners' worldwide creative advertising, publicity, media, global digital, global promotions and worldwide research groups and also will oversee the home entertainment marketing operation.

Sanders will assume oversight of the teams responsible for all global film distribution and release functions and will also retain his responsibilities as president, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, overseeing the global distribution of home entertainment products from Warner Bros. Pictures Group, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. He also is responsible for the studio’s videogame publishing business, and helped build WBHE into the industry’s largest digital distributor of films and TV shows through VOD and EST.

Warner Bros. Shake-Up: Sue Kroll Steps Down as Marketing Head, Toby Emmerich Promoted to WB Chairman

19. Dragonlordxxxxx

Update: January 11, 2018

What Warner Bros.’ Shake-Up Means for DC Films: Fewer Cooks, Finally

Warner Bros.’ disappointing “Justice League” has been called a "Frankenstein" — a mess of a movie patched together by too many parties, including two directors. But the studio hopes a major shakeup will make for a more streamlined process, and more successful superhero films.

After surviving two awkward years of greenlighting-by-committee, newly-minted Warner Bros. Pictures Chairman Toby Emmerich will now answer to no one but Warner Bros. Entertainment CEO Kevin Tsujihara.

“Toby has green light, I have red light,” Tsujihara told TheWrap.

The company announced Tuesday that 23-year veteran marketing chief Sue Kroll would step down to a producer gig. She was previously part of a committee to greenlight new film productions, a power that now solely belongs to Emmerich.

Fewer cooks in the kitchen will mean not just better decisions on what films to make, but on how to market them, one WB insider told TheWrap.

One marketing decision that seems misguided in retrospect? Excluding Henry Cavill’s Superman from “Justice League” advertising, in order to preserve the so-called surprise that the Man of Steel didn’t really die in “Batman v Superman.”

“The bizarre decision not to have Superman included in the marketing stopped ‘Justice League’ from potentially hitting $100 million opening weekend,” the insider said.

Of course, maybe Warner Bros. just wanted to conceal an inconvenient mustache.

Kroll had her successes, including the mega-hit “Wonder Woman.”

“There’s intense scrutiny on everything we do, particularly in this world, in the DC superhero universe,” she said in a June interview to promote “Wonder Woman.”

But another insider, one familiar with Kroll’s thinking, said there may have been a simple reason for her struggles making “Justice League” fly: “She hated superhero movies.”

A Warner Bros. rep had no comment on the matter. When asked for comment, Kroll told TheWrap that it’s “simply not true” that she hates superhero movies.

“I love superhero movies. I’ve always considered it an honor to market films that fans feel so passionately about. And I think our track record stands for itself,” Kroll said. “As for the ‘Justice League’ campaign, I stand behind everything we did. It was a strategic and creative campaign, and I am immensely proud of the work done by all of us.”

Warner Bros. is currently second place to Walt Disney, home of Marvel, now the gold-standard of comic book cinematic universes.

Tsujihara says he wants Emmerich to help DC Films find their own identity, rather than copying Marvel.

“Warner Bros needs to continue doing what it’s always done: producing the biggest, most diverse slate in the business. That’s what’s made us successful. We can’t do what Disney’s done. It’s worked really, really well for them, but it’s not who we are. We need to continue to create a balanced slate of all types of movies and all genres,” Tsujihara said.

What Warner Bros.’ Shake-Up Means for DC Films: Fewer Cooks, Finally

chickenluver likes this.
  20. TheRuthlessOne

TheRuthlessOne Yellow Card Yellow Card

No Snyder cut

All we get it are some "Bonus scenes"

Tobago Jones and Dragonlordxxxxx like this.