Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just sell the rights to Marvel and reshoot everything

Update: July 19, 2017

A More Detailed Look at Steppenwolf from JUSTICE LEAGUE Action Figure

20180796_117380368886975_3575978058273783808_n.jpg

20180672_1945154545773949_4644748826995851264_n.jpg
Why is the flash 6'9?

Man this sucks. Darkseid is the big bad! What's the point if they don't tease his appearance?

Update: August 12, 2017

Rumor: JUSTICE LEAGUE Reshoots Ending to Remove the Arrival of Darkseid

Ry2gP4H.jpg

When Warner Bros. announced their DC Films slate, Justice League Part One and Justice League Part Two were among them. The mixed response to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice brought a halt to plans to shoot them back to back but it appears as if Zack Snyder still planned on finishing the upcoming November release with a cliffhanger ending which would have set the stage for the sequel.

According to Slash Film, Justice League was supposed to end with Darkseid's arrival on Earth with the plan being for him to be the big bad in the follow-up. This was to be expected as Steppenwolf has always felt like a stepping stone to that iconic villain but that ending has now been totally scrapped.

Apparently, Wonder Woman star Robin Wright has been brought in for a flashback shedding more light on Steppenwolf's origin and the looming threat of Darkseid is being downplayed with the reshoots (presumably to keep the door open for a new villain to take centre stage in the sequel or to give Warner Bros. time to reassess where the franchise goes from here if Snyder doesn't make his return).

Joss Whedon Is Reshooting Justice League's Ending To Remove A Huge Cliffhanger

Hmm new villains who could take the place of darkseid are all similar to marvel villians

That is just the nature of comic books

I think they probably end up sticking with Darkseid cause he just fits better

Brainiac,Sinestro,Anti-Monitor just dont fit right now

They probably are wishing they didn't put Doomsday into BVS

Cant do shit with him now

Wasted him on a movie that didnt even need him

Despero is just different looking enough to be the next villain, either him or Amazo

They probably are wishing they didn't put Doomsday into BVS

Cant do shit with him now

Wasted him on a movie that didnt even need him
I couldn't believe they blew their wad like that. He could have been the antagonist in a solo Superman moviel, then been reused in an evolved form for a Justice League movie down the road.

But no....

I honestly can't remember what happened to Doomsday in BvS. Did they kill him? Which means he can come back stronger?

Or did they get him into the phantom zone?

I honestly can't remember what happened to Doomsday in BvS. Did they kill him? Which means he can come back stronger?

Or did they get him into the phantom zone?
Stuffed the kryptonite spear through his chest. Drops dead. Fate of corpse unknown.

I think he could presumable come back later if they really wanted to use him again.

Stuffed the kryptonite spear through his chest. Drops dead. Fate of corpse unknown.

I think he could presumable come back later if they really wanted to use him again.
Thanks.

The question is how? Without making it look like a rerun/copy of Thanos.
I don't think they can avoid that. The only difference I see is that Marvel will likely succeed in humanizing Thanos. Especially based on the leaked trailer with no armor and his history of defeating himself. DC needs to stop worrying about comparisons. They need to make it to where Darkseid is the worst of the worst and the JL needs to exist to push him back through a boom tube, but not be able to truly defeat him. Similar to the first arc of New 52 JL and the Justice League War animated movie that tells the same story.

Still Can't believe it took DC this long to their universe going.

Update: August 23, 2017

Rumor: Joss Whedon Cut Lex Luthor Scenes from JUSTICE LEAGUE

6UhjJL7.jpg

As rumors continue to swirl around the directorial shakeups and extensive reshoots on Justice League, we're now hearing that Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor may have had his scenes cut from the film.

Batman-On-Film's Bill "Jett" Ramey was answering fan mail and providing supposed insider knowledge of of what's happening with the DC Extended Universe, and one of the questions had to do with how big Eisenberg's role in Justice League is. According to Ramey: "He doesn’t have one. If he did prior to all the changes/reshoots, it was cut."

While this news isn't all that interesting in and of itself (it's not like Eisenberg had a lot of support for his version of Lex Luthor), it does raise more speculation about what kind of state Justice League is in right now.

In the last few weeks, we've heard more and more rurmors that suggest the initial reports about Joss Whedon's role stepping in for Zack Snyder weren't as minimal or smooth as Warner Bros. and DC Films tried to indicate.

There have been reports that hectic reshoot schedules and an inflating budget are being downplayed; that Whedon is actually doing significant reshoots to lighten the tone and will completely change the ending of the film. You even have stars like Ben Affleck going out in the press and calling the film "An interesting product of two directors."

Even though DC and Warner Bros. executives continue to try to sell the idea that everything is fine with Justice League, it seems that all the other rumors and evidence point to the contrary. If these reshoots go so far as cutting entire characters like Lex Luthor form the film, it certainly suggests that Whedon's Justice League is going to be significantly different than Snyder's.

Justice League Rumor Says Lex Luthor Scenes Have Been Cut

Should just have Darkseid come in at the end once they are feeling victorious, kill Batman so they rid themselves of Batfleck flip flopping on returning or not and then they can fill in the holes with a shitty explanation for a new batman, it's not like they stick to the source material anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back