Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still better than this CGI forced Justice League WB is trying to shove down people's throats.

It's probably about the same as the marvel franchise which is all cgi with some one liners thrown in.

The only one which was legitimately good was the winter soldier IMO. Which had the least amount of cgi. Civil war was a bit of a let down. It was more of a disagreement than a civil war.

Thor was also pretty good. The rest are decent action movies, but don't deserve the level of praise they get.

If you had asked me 10 years ago if I would have liked a darker comic movie universe of a brighter/funnier one I would have said darker. But now that we have both I like the brighter/funnier one more.

DC should write Marvel Studios asking them for help shaping their movie universe and then they can have a big Avengers/Justice League crossover in a decade.

I just dont really dig the bright colour-cheese factor of Marvel movies that much..some are great, some I can live without...

I like that there is the alternative of DC movies, if DC could fix their shit with stories it would be fantastic

I just dont really dig the bright colour-cheese factor of Marvel movies that much..some are great, some I can live without...
I don't hate Snyder's penchant for a dark metallic palette, but it automatically sets the Dour Level™ up five notches. It's monotonous, and I agree with the MCU being also monotonous, which is at the crux of my wan regard.

It's probably about the same as the marvel franchise which is all cgi with some one liners thrown in.

The only one which was legitimately good was the winter soldier IMO. Which had the least amount of cgi. Civil war was a bit of a let down. It was more of a disagreement than a civil war.

Thor was also pretty good. The rest are decent action movies, but don't deserve the level of praise they get.
I'm not bashing the use of CGI, Civil War had too much but BvS and so far JL have horrendous CGI.

Marvel deserves their praise, they created a huge shared universe that works well and does as advertised, it's supposed to be fun and action packed. They have a direction and they've been going with it. I watch every Marvel movie because I'm invested and they are fun and I get to see my favorite comic book characters being portrayed correctly for the most part. DC seem to have no direction. I heard Wonder Woman was good though and Gal Gadot is bae.

I feel for Snyder, going thru such a horrendous time. But, I don't like the direction he took BvS, he just doesn't understand Superman (or Batman really) so maybe it's a positive going forward.

Yea let's just make all comic book movies homogenous. Surely that won't accelerate superhero fatigue at an exponential rate. And I'm sure directors, actors, and a good chunk of the movie going audience are going to love that there's only one style of comic book movie being made.

The root of the problem was never tone. It's always been writing. Watch The Dark Knight trilogy, Logan, and to a lesser extent Winter Soldier and tell me all comic book movies need to be "fun." No they need to be compelling and have good writing. Game of Thrones is the most popular tv show in the world. Is "fun" or "bright" the first adjective that comes to your head if you were to describe that show?

ANYWAY....

What I original came here to post was this bad ass fan-made picture I found. I'm sure they won't do a direct adaptation of Flashpoint but this picture got me hyped for the possibilities of that movie.

DFt5mquWAAEWwCm.jpg

This guy does amazing work.

Gal Gadot going to cut off her head like

IMG_4307.jpg

Bums me out that we're probably going to get a watered down version of it but it's going to be cool to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan in the Bat suit.

So what is this rumor about Supergirl and Batman knowing she going to come back to help? Apparently this is the new rumor and that Bruce Wayne creates a way to bring Supergirl back from where ever she was for literally thousands of years to help the Justice league out. Did she decide to enter the phantom zone after the crash seeing the empty pod in the new Superman movie.

The uniform does not resemble Superman's at all and that's what got them wondering if it is supergirl.

DgAtTH4.jpg

I really love the idea the actors have to ignore Henry Cavill's mustache for the re-shoots. Hopefully there will be BITS mustache footage.

BEFORE

20476128_1467311719974752_8718250112152761539_n.jpg

AFTER

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Update: August 10, 2017

JUSTICE LEAGUE Reshoots to Lighten the Tone of the Film and Cyborg

cCzYepQ.jpg

News earlier this summer of extensive reshoots for Justice League may have been a surprise, but now one of the film's actors confirmed his participation in the additional filming as well as revealed that they changed the tone of one of the characters.

Joe Morton, who plays Cyborg's dad Dr. Silas Stone, told IGN that while he did reshoots with Joss Whedon the biggest adjustments were related specifically to the tone of Ray Fisher's Victor Stone, aka Cyborg.

"Well, the stuff that I had to do were just really small little bits and pieces, nothing necessarily having to do with tone. I know that with Ray, the young man who plays [Cyborg], there were some adjustments that they made in terms of the tone of that character,” Morton said.

As shown in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Cyborg’s origin is a little dark, with Dr. Stone using alien technology to create a body to save his son, a promising football player horribly injured in an accident that resulted in the loss of much of his body. Lightening Cyborg’s tone might have last impact on the character’s trajectory, but according to Morton leaves the overall tone of the film intact.

Morton did admit, however, that he heard the goal of the reshoots were to lighten the tone of the film.

"I think what I heard was that there was a need from the studio to lighten up the film in a way, that the film felt too dark. I don't know what that meant in terms of how it actually got translated in terms of the reshoots but that's what I heard. That's what I thought some of the reshoots were about," Morton said.

Avengers director Joss Whedon stepped in when Zack Snyder unexpected stepped back from Justice League following the death of his daughter Autumn. Warner Bros. has stressed that any additional shooting had been ordered by Snyder prior to his departure, but this reveal about Cyborg and tone sounds like Whedon's involvement may be more extensive.

Justice League: Joss Whedon's Reshoots Are For A Lighter Tone

I can't wait for Wonder Woman to sit on Batman's strategically placed Bat-Whoopie Cushion.

WB trying to get that Marvel/Disney money. Seems like they dont have integrity anymore tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back