Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing much in the trailer made me excited about this movie. The only interesting thing was Flash's costume looking like pimped out Power Ranger.

@JBSchroeds

Tagging you here since the Wonder Woman Thread is closed out. WW almost close to 400 mil domestic . I'm going to praise you once again for your ability to predict by using the multipliers and other factors.

Dude knows his shit for sure, though his insistence or prediction of AoS not lasting due to its ratings, which in fairness would have been correct had it been any other show, was kind of funny to watch. The marvel universe needs an outlet and a means to keep the story going between movies and AoS was clearly used as the connective tissue for it in spite of the usual way ratings affect a tv show. Disney budgeted a loss for it because they needed to be able to advertise their upcoming blockbusters on as many mediums as possible even if it meant taking a financial hit in one aspect as they were sure to make up for it for most of the movies and merchandising. I wouldn't be surprised if AoS is budgeted as 'marketing'.

I have faith Resurrection Soops will look 1000% Jesusier than before.

20258314_10213802771292742_342866854078783193_n.jpg

19748917_1460784143960843_7740376779106743400_n.jpg

20429856_1462494747123116_7907910609800614990_n.jpg

Ben-Affleck-Smoking.jpg

Last edited:
Update: July 25, 2017

Watch the Mustache Edition of BATMAN V SUPERMAN Trailer

had superman had a 'stache he would have easily handled batman and doomsday at the same time.

Looking forward to this movie. I'm not sure about Erza but I'll give him a chance. I was wrong about Ben.

Avengers gets too much credit. It's cheesy popcorn fun but that's it.

Ultron was terrible. He's supposed to be the avengers greatest threat, but this version cracked jokes and got taken on 1 on 1 by just about all of team. It was a massive downgrade for an extremely powerful, sinister character.

If that's the case it doesn't look good for Thanos. He'll get the infinity gauntlet, only to get a kickboxing cardio class level kick to the face from black widow.

Update: July 22, 2017

Cool Alex Ross-Inspired Comic-Con Poster and Banners for JUSTICE LEAGUE

I like how they incorporated each character's logo into the slogan. Cyborg's logo is so meh.

DFWa5BJUMAQ0Z7_.jpg:orig

JLSDCC17_Banner.jpg

20247769_1489002087805654_2882010738190097472_o.jpg
Looking like a bootleg Alex Ross

Update: July 26, 2017

Zack Snyder Will Have a Smaller Role in the DCEU Future and Other Shake-ups

gChfXy5.jpg

Zack Snyder, primary engineer of the DC Comics movie universe since Man of Steel, whose creative vision has been polarizing to say the least, will take a significantly smaller role with the franchise going forward, as will his wife, producer Deborah Snyder, Mashable has learned.

The Snyders left Justice League as director and producer in May, saying they needed time to grieve for their 20-year-old daughter, who had died by suicide two months before. Multiple sources with knowledge of Warner Bros.' plans say that as the DC Extended Universe moves forward, the Snyders will no longer have anything like the level of creative influence that got the franchise to this point.

DK0PdRX.jpg

For its part, Warners strongly denied the notion that the Snyders would no longer be actively involved in creative decision-making. Toby Emmerich, Warner Bros. Pictures Group president and chief content officer, said in a statement that the Snyders would maintain a role:

"The Snyders remain an important part of the Warner Bros. family and are actively involved in several upcoming DC pictures, including their continued creative input on Justice League. We are excited about our partnership and look forward to our continued collaboration."

MqFxCyd.jpg

Indeed, Zack and Deborah will be getting respective directing and producing credits on Justice League — they oversaw the bulk of production after all — and it's still possible that they'll carry executive producer or other types of credits for future DC films. But that involvement will be at a distance, multiple sources say, and for the time being the two are spending time with family while figuring out their next move, which is understood to include Warner Bros. films not within the DCEU.

While the Snyders' phasing out may not come entirely as a surprse, it's sure to send a shockwave through DC fandom, which fiercely supported Snyders' films in the face of harsh critical reception. And struggles with the Snyders were not entirely due to the increasingly hostile critical reactions to their films — Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad in particular: Warner Bros. brass was becoming increasingly concerned with their tendency to drive up budgets, and have been anxious for a freshened creative direction that manifested in Wonder Woman, on which the Snyders were producers.

grkETpK.jpg

Zack Snyder had been heavily involved in all of DC's movies to-date; he directed Man of Steel and Batman v Superman and was an executive producer on Suicide Squad. And future films like Aquaman, Suicide Squad 2 and The Flash: Flashpoint still carry his name in producing roles.

His creative imprint — a dark, metallic visual style and grim, brooding, muscular-emo sensibility — were all over the DCEU, and will surely linger into future films. But the post-Snyders regime is widely expected to take the films in a more hopeful, colorful, comic-book inflected direction — like what we saw work so well with Wonder Woman.

6HZLBv5.jpg

At the forefront of that effort is Geoff Johns, who swiftly ascended from the comic-book world to become president and chief creative officer at Warners' DC division last year, reporting to Diane Nelson, president of DC Entertainment. His close creative partner and secret weapon will be Joss Whedon, who stepped in for the departing Snyders to finish Justice League.

As Variety first reported on Monday, extensive re-shoots are under way on that film, and more than the usual regularly scheduled pickup shots; sources confirm that while Snyder's action sequences are useable, a wide swath of story and dialogue are being redone.

ypPWe63.jpg

Whedon also has Batgirl on the DC slate, which is expected to proceed on schedule. But Whedon — who never quite got the credit he deserved as a key architect of Marvel's cinematic universe alongside Kevin Feige after Avengers: Age of Ultron — will be a major part of WB's creative team in the future.

To some, the same can possibly be said for Aquaman director James Wan and Matt Reeves, the War for the Planet of the Apes director who is taking over the directing chair from Ben Affleck on the planned Batman movie. It's early yet, but Reeves' reputation after Apes could not be more sterling, his world-building chops are clearly first rate and the studio will throw its support to him.

QQd69AT.png

Another person whose involvement is now in question: David Ayer, the Suicide Squad helmer, who is still listed as the director of the Harley Quinn-led spinoff Gotham City Sirens. That film was not featured in Warner Bros.' Comic-Con sizzle reel of nine upcoming DC movies last weekend, and sources say Ayer won't ultimately be part of their plans. Ayer's rep flatly denied that he's off the project, saying it's still in development and that the script is not yet complete.

But there are other signs that he's moving on: Ayer seemed to signal his discontent with his WB/DC experience at his Comic-Con panel on Thursday for Bright, the fantasy buddy-cop film that Netflix gave him $90 million to make.

"I don't think people realize the situation filmmakers face," Ayer said, stressing that Netflix didn't intervene in his process — they just let him run with it. "[Bright] isn't like, some bullshit standard issue studio PG-13 movie. I was able to do some real shit here," said Ayer, who has directed exactly one PG-13 movie in his career: Suicide Squad.

FFVSnmW.png

Patty Jenkins, on the other hand, is definitely in the insiders club — as if there would be any doubt of that, given that Wonder Woman is now the DCEU's most successful film.

At the very first screening of Wonder Woman for select press, Johns and the WW director held court at a reception that followed; as things wound down and people were leaving, Johns and Jenkins shared a warm embrace and exchanged kind words — they knew they had made something special, and it was clear that its director and DC's new creative honcho are fans of one another.

And the timing of changes at Warners' DC division are not entirely coincidental: Kevin Tsujihara, chairman and CEO of Warner Bros. Entertainment, knows he needs to get his studio's most important house in order before parent company Time Warner's impending merger with AT&T. New bosses will want to see more results like Wonder Woman — which is still legging out record-breaking box office on a leaner budget — and less like Batman v Superman, which was a bona fide worldwide hit, but plunged in its ensuing weekends and cost a massive fortune.

The Zack Snyder era of DC movies is coming to a close at Warner Bros

That was an interesting read. Thanx for putting that together for us Brother Dragon.

Sad the Snyder's daughter took her own life. I can imagine they were consumed by work as she was growing up & that must head f*ck them thinking that they should've spent more time with her. There's always more to it than that though, & I hope the Snyder's can come to grips with it & continue to live with passion.

hmm, so no more dark DC movies? Not sure how I feel about that.

Looking forward to this movie. I'm not sure about Erza but I'll give him a chance. I was wrong about Ben.

Avengers gets too much credit. It's cheesy popcorn fun but that's it.

Ultron was terrible. He's supposed to be the avengers greatest threat, but this version cracked jokes and got taken on 1 on 1 by just about all of team. It was a massive downgrade for an extremely powerful, sinister character.

If that's the case it doesn't look good for Thanos. He'll get the infinity gauntlet, only to get a kickboxing cardio class level kick to the face from black widow.
Still better than this CGI forced Justice League WB is trying to shove down people's throats.

Still better than this CGI forced Justice League WB is trying to shove down people's throats.
literally both CMB companies (WB and Disney) do this. Have you not seen a Marvel movie recently? It's almost all CGI. Look at Both of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. 80% CGI.

literally both CMB companies (WB and Disney) do this. Have you not seen a Marvel movie recently? It's almost all CGI. Look at Both of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. 80% CGI.

Yea I would so prefer them to go practical just get a racoon and a large tree and teach them how to talk.

Yea I would so prefer them to go practical just get a racoon and a large tree and teach them how to talk.
or go to a living, alien planet that can manifest anything you can think of. or large spaceship battle that resulted in the near destruction of a planet. or opening a movie battling a giant squid like monster (which was almost entirely CGI). I mean, where do you personally cross the line? I haven't seen anything in DC movies that Marvel hasn't done more of.

or go to a living, alien planet that can manifest anything you can think of. or large spaceship battle that resulted in the near destruction of a planet. or opening a movie battling a giant squid like monster (which was almost entirely CGI). I mean, where do you personally cross the line? I haven't seen anything in DC movies that Marvel hasn't done more of.

That's the comic world universe they are operating in, that's their source material of course they need to build it up with CGI.

<Fedor23>

Hell, RDJ barely even wears a suit of "armor" when shooting Iron Man roles.

main-qimg-a166ed1797222b6ec4a38936ada404fb-c

That's the comic world universe they are operating in, that's their source material of course they need to build it up with CGI.

<Fedor23>
so Marvel once again gets a pass but when DC does it all hell breaks loose?

Glad to hear this. I prefer the grittier vision, but the films aren't as clean as MCU. I loved WW and look forward to a more even approach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back