Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are aquamans powers?

"Aquaman is the king of all things aqua. He can breathe underwater, swim at tremendous speeds, and telepathically communicate with sea life. Being able to withstand ocean depths, he gets bonus points on land with his superhuman strength, enhanced senses, and nearly impenetrable skin."

I just had an orgasm

1ym8frO.jpg

Last edited:
Official Justice League Trailer #2 Review:

It's okay.

Too much shiny blue shades. Feel like I'm watching Transformers. Color palette needs some work IMO. I appreciate that the trailer doesn't actually tell you anything outside of "there is a villainous threat" and "this is the justice league", which we already knew anyways. CGI feels over the top. Detaches me from what's happening. Like the vintage slow-mo Snyder action scenes. Jimmy Gordon looks top gun. I like the Pacific Islander take on Aquaman, cool twist. Not a fan of this Flash actor so far, but I'll give him a chance. Cyborg is cool because I remember him from Smallville. I know his story.

Odd trailer. Didn't really do anything. Feels like I'm meant to be excited/shocked by a bunch of superheros in the same movie... That's so 2012. But it didn't blow it's load, so there's that. Music was interesting. Felt more out of place than the Suicide Squad final trailer.

BvS final trailer is definitively superior to this.

I've been mostly meh, on DC stuff. But now:

It feels like Zack Snyder used color correction on Sony Vegas to make it look cooler and sleaker

From everything I've seen so far of JL, they've taken the natural shadow elements out of the Batman character, which is so crucial. Less sleak blue hues. More natural lighting and shadows please. Atleast contrast to emphasize different moods for different set pieces/environments... Probably the case, but I'm seeing too much of it, even in daylight scenes.

I thought this trailer was great. Visually it looks amazing.

I hope Zack Snyder and Chris Terio learned from the mistakes of BvS, and to some degree MoS, and stop trying to recreate Watchmen or stop making a mopey, brooding deconstruction movie and just focus on making a fun, epic superhero movie.

Aquaman looks badass here. It seems they’re making Aquaman the Wolverine (savage loose cannon with an attitude) of the team.

I’m digging the Flash’s super speed scenes.

One thing I like about Ben Affleck’s rendition of Bruce Wayne is it feels he like he is still Batman even without the mask and costume. I didn’t get that vibe from the other Batman actors before him.

I hope its not a bunch of snappy one liners the whole movie.

Like the Dark Knight himself, I'll hope for the best, but Prep for the worst.

Trailer looked good. I wonder if Zack Snyder OR DC are capable of doing a good movie right now.

I want to believe, but I feel like this project is going to play out like every other DC movie so far...

a CGI-filled chaos, disjointed and muddled story telling, horrible camera work piece of nonsense. They're going to try to do too much in one movie. They're not going to be able to balance all the characters like Captain America CW was able to do.

How in the world does Aqua Man go from the least interesting character in the Justice League to one of the best?! Cyborg looks like the weak link in this group. Him and the resurrected Superman who is just a horrible actor.

1. The paradeamons look like Blue Beetle. Will BB be the seventh member of justice league? A paradeamon goes rogue and becomes good by turning into the scarab that attaches to a teenager.

2. Auquaman reminds me of Lobo

I hope Zack Snyder and Chris Terio learned from the mistakes of BvS, and to some degree MoS, and stop trying to recreate Watchmen or stop making a mopey, brooding deconstruction movie and just focus on making a fun, epic superhero movie.

Aquaman looks badass here. It seems they’re making Aquaman the Wolverine (savage loose cannon with an attitude) of the team.

One thing I like about Ben Affleck’s rendition of Bruce Wayne is it feels he like he is still Batman even without the mask and costume. I didn’t get that vibe from the other Batman actors before him.
Bruce Wayne and Batman are meant to be two separate characters. Nolan emphasized the duality very often. Fake obnoxious playboy by day, Brooding crime fighting true self by night. Of course this current imagination of Batman is of an older, seasoned Mr. Wayne. And this isn't a Batman movie either. Different scenarios clearly, but I thought I'd just make that clear. Depending on when the solo Batman film is set in his career, I'd hope they'd continue in that spirit/emphasis of dual identity

Aquaman looks dope. Probably joint-coolest with the Dark Knight, which is no small achievement.

Wonder Woman looks great, but I didn't like the leg sweep. Diana is on a par with Superman for sheer power. She doesn't need fancy moves; she can literally bitch-slap most opponents.

Cyborg looks better, but that's not saying much. Still remindes me of a cheap 80's action figure.

Barry Allan would have to have to steal every scene for me to forgive DC for going Full Retard and not crossing over the movie with TV Flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back