Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Flash had the best scenes in this trailer and I assume he's going to be the main source of comic relief. The fight scenes weren't that impressive when compared to the many, many superhero flicks that have come out over the last 15 years.

I'll check it out, though. I wonder if they're going to show Superman in any of the trailers and how much they'll show.

Last edited:
Every few seconds I start to think the trailer is getting good. Then it shows Cyborg.

@Dragonlordxxxxx

Which team would win? The Avengers team at the end of Age of Ultron (minus Quicksilver) or the Justice League here (including Superman).

I wonder how the Avengers would deal with Flash. He'd probably be the only other problem besides emo Henry Cavill Superman

@Dragonlordxxxxx

Which team would win? The Avengers team at the end of Age of Ultron (minus Quicksilver) or the Justice League here (including Superman).

I wonder how the Avengers would deal with Flash. He'd probably be the only other problem besides emo Henry Cavill Superman
(Movieverse) Emo Superman would kill all the Avengers by himself if he really wanted to. The only wild factor is if some of the Avengers have mothers named Martha.

For better or worse, Supes is "dead" in the story. So it makes sense that he's not going to be featured in the new posters or trailer.

I hope they don't,... no, NEVER show Superman in any of the future photos, trailers and clips. Clearly, Supes' resurrection is going to be a big epic, heroic goosebump-inducing moment in the movie that turns the tide of battle when our heroes are on the verge of defeat, so I don't want that moment spoiled in any of the previews.

This I want to be shocked, hopefully they don't do some convoluted arc where he is a villain but he comes back as an epic savior to atone for the sins of Snyder's shitty directing in the first 2 films of this universe.

(Movieverse) Emo Superman would kill all the Avengers by himself if he really wanted to. The only wild factor is if some of the Avengers have mothers named Martha.
Doesn't Thor have a long-lost half brother who identifies as a woman?

Martha Odinson, right?

Funny. When I see white people wearing superhero costumes I think "nerds". When I see black people doing it I think "funk band".
LOL I recently watched hip hop evolution on netflix and the first episode is all about those early funk bands. You're so right. This gave me a good laugh.

On a serious note, which Earth-based Marvel characters (comics) could at least compete with Superman or does he speed blitz everyone?

Hulk matches his strength. Thor is pure magic and that's Superman's other weakness. Scarlet Witch could mess him up badly. Vision if the Infinity Stone is magic and especially if he has Thor's hammer. But if Captain America can pick up Thor's hammer, Supes could, too.

But movie Supes hasn't been shown to have a weakness to magic, so maybe nobody.

EDIT: just noticed we're talking comics. Anyone magic or who can create kryptonite. Hulk is as strong as him (or maybe stronger now after he beat Sentry), but no one else is going to provide a physical threat.

Wait, i think there's an entire Avengers team with Superman-level giys now. Blue Marvel, Hyperion, Gladiator, Starbrand, and others.

Superman at his most ludicrously powerful (movies or comics) isn't being matched by anyone. They just had a superboy character with ludicrous-Supes power levels and he was so strong that he punched reality into pieces. Seriously, shattered it. With punches. Shattered it like a laptop screen in front of a writer, desperately behind on a deadline, with no good ideas coming to him.

Last edited:
By my understanding Superman isn't actually weak to magic, he just has no specific resistances against it. So it really depends on what the magic is designed to do. A sword enchanted to have an edge "sharp as a razor that never dulls" still won't hurt him, but one that has an edge "that can cut through anything" will give him a bad day.

Prime Dr. Strange should handle him.

Doom with prep. Sentry.

I think Superman can beat most of the Marvel cast if he really wanted to use all his strength but he would have to finish it quickly with guys like the Hulk or else he would equal him or surpass him in strength eventually but Supes has more powers and could beat the Hulk imo, and I;m saying this as a guy that has Hulk as his favorite character in comics.

As for the trailer I'm pleased with the progress thus far and the interactions between the characters seems natural, there seems to be some good chemistry with the cast off screen thats starting to show onscreen as well.

Justice League was always going to have a lighter tone due to it being a team up movie and stretching boundaries. I'm a bit concerned with Cyborgs cgi, it needs some work, I think Aqua man scenes are going to steal the show.

Supes "died" at the end of BvS. So they probably want to build up his return and not spoil it with showing him in the trailer.
Why bother, they spoiled it in BvS 2 minutes after the funeral lol.

0I2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back