Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing you're not a fan of the Buffy, Angel or Firefly TV series.

I thought the first Avengers was pretty good.

No, never cared for those shows.

And I also thought The Avengers was very disappointing. I was pretty shocked when critical and public sentiment was largely positive for it. I just didn't think it was a particularly good film, and felt like most of the stand-alone MCU films were better.

I suppose credit where it's due though, The Avengers is at least better than its sequel.

Update: August 23, 2017

Rumor: Joss Whedon Cut Lex Luthor Scenes from JUSTICE LEAGUE

6UhjJL7.jpg

As rumors continue to swirl around the directorial shakeups and extensive reshoots on Justice League, we're now hearing that Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor may have had his scenes cut from the film.

Batman-On-Film's Bill "Jett" Ramey was answering fan mail and providing supposed insider knowledge of of what's happening with the DC Extended Universe, and one of the questions had to do with how big Eisenberg's role in Justice League is. According to Ramey: "He doesn’t have one. If he did prior to all the changes/reshoots, it was cut."

While this news isn't all that interesting in and of itself (it's not like Eisenberg had a lot of support for his version of Lex Luthor), it does raise more speculation about what kind of state Justice League is in right now.

In the last few weeks, we've heard more and more rurmors that suggest the initial reports about Joss Whedon's role stepping in for Zack Snyder weren't as minimal or smooth as Warner Bros. and DC Films tried to indicate.

There have been reports that hectic reshoot schedules and an inflating budget are being downplayed; that Whedon is actually doing significant reshoots to lighten the tone and will completely change the ending of the film. You even have stars like Ben Affleck going out in the press and calling the film "An interesting product of two directors."

Even though DC and Warner Bros. executives continue to try to sell the idea that everything is fine with Justice League, it seems that all the other rumors and evidence point to the contrary. If these reshoots go so far as cutting entire characters like Lex Luthor form the film, it certainly suggests that Whedon's Justice League is going to be significantly different than Snyder's.

Justice League Rumor Says Lex Luthor Scenes Have Been Cut

giphy.gif

How did i miss this...oh came out last week, I had other things to do.

Last edited:
It seems like DC is actually engaging in APPROPRIATE course correction after receiving feedback. Ridley Scott, take notes.
In retrospect, I think Snyder being pushed out is not surprising due to the fallout of BvS last year. A lot of us were surprised that WB didn't replace Snyder for JL but I guess they were really too far into the project to find a suitable replacement at that time.

But for every course correction WB does, they seem to be doing twice as many mistakes along the way (i.e. separate DC universe standalone movies).

In retrospect, I think Snyder being pushed out is not surprising due to the fallout of BvS last year. A lot of us were surprised that WB didn't replace Snyder for JL but I guess they were really too far into the project to find a suitable replacement at that time.

But for every course correction WB does, they seem to be doing twice as many mistakes along the way (i.e. separate DC universe standalone movies).

Snyder and Ridley Scott are turning into the same person. Possibly the two best cinematographers in Hollywood, both of whom should not be allowed to make any decisions or approvals regarding script or story.

Snyder and Ridley Scott are turning into the same person. Possibly the two best cinematographers in Hollywood, both of whom should not be allowed to make any decisions or approvals regarding script or story.
From here on forward, Ridley should just adapt best-selling, highly-acclaimed novels and stay away from original scripts.

Couldn't agree more

Suckerpunch and BvS had so many visually stunning scenes and great action but the story was incoherent and bleh

From here on forward, Ridley should just adapt best-selling, highly-acclaimed novels and stay away from original scripts.

"Great Expectations"
Story by Charles Dickens and Ridley Scott

- Abel Provis was childhood friends with Miss Havisham and was actually the guy that left her at the altar
- Pip was actually Miss Havisham's back alley abortion from many years ago who survived without her knowledge
- The prison ship, from which Abel Provis escapes in the beginning, was actually Noah's Ark and was seeding life in England

You know what's annoying? The merry-go-round of buddy directors who stay on the scene more because they have a current Hollywood "look" than any other reason.

... And eisenbergs Luthor was an abomination of epic proportions. Could have passed as some new, crappier villian, I guess, but not luthor.

Why are there never any good rumors lmao?

It's almost as if there's an agenda at play... What's that? There's no agenda... Just make good movies you say?

Then Wonder Woman comes out... and it's still more of the same hatorade click bait nonsense (not that it bother me much. As a DC fan I've almost totally rid myself of all DC cinematic news media outside of the subreddit).

Update: August 23, 2017

Rumor: Joss Whedon Cut Lex Luthor Scenes from JUSTICE LEAGUE

6UhjJL7.jpg

As rumors continue to swirl around the directorial shakeups and extensive reshoots on Justice League, we're now hearing that Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor may have had his scenes cut from the film.

Batman-On-Film's Bill "Jett" Ramey was answering fan mail and providing supposed insider knowledge of of what's happening with the DC Extended Universe, and one of the questions had to do with how big Eisenberg's role in Justice League is. According to Ramey: "He doesn’t have one. If he did prior to all the changes/reshoots, it was cut."

While this news isn't all that interesting in and of itself (it's not like Eisenberg had a lot of support for his version of Lex Luthor), it does raise more speculation about what kind of state Justice League is in right now.

In the last few weeks, we've heard more and more rurmors that suggest the initial reports about Joss Whedon's role stepping in for Zack Snyder weren't as minimal or smooth as Warner Bros. and DC Films tried to indicate.

There have been reports that hectic reshoot schedules and an inflating budget are being downplayed; that Whedon is actually doing significant reshoots to lighten the tone and will completely change the ending of the film. You even have stars like Ben Affleck going out in the press and calling the film "An interesting product of two directors."

Even though DC and Warner Bros. executives continue to try to sell the idea that everything is fine with Justice League, it seems that all the other rumors and evidence point to the contrary. If these reshoots go so far as cutting entire characters like Lex Luthor form the film, it certainly suggests that Whedon's Justice League is going to be significantly different than Snyder's.

Justice League Rumor Says Lex Luthor Scenes Have Been Cut
<bball2>

It's interesting that Luthor was apparently excised from the movie entirely, rather than have his performance modified during the reshoots.

Sounds like a lot more than "tone lightening" going on.
Why would they remove Lex to lighten the tone, he was so funny in BvS...

"Great Expectations"
Story by Charles Dickens and Ridley Scott

- Abel Provis was childhood friends with Miss Havisham and was actually the guy that left her at the altar
- Pip was actually Miss Havisham's back alley abortion from many years ago who survived without her knowledge
- The prison ship, from which Abel Provis escapes in the beginning, was actually Noah's Ark and was seeding life in England
Lol. I should have added novels that were made after 1980 and contain machine guns, lasers, aliens, spaceships, and sorcery.

The rock shouldve been luthor.

Well spoken. Good looking. And built like a train.

Update: September 20, 2017

First Reactions from JUSTICE LEAGUE Test Screening

Update: September 22, 2017

Joss Whedon Reportedly Cut Kiersey Clemon's Iris West Scenes from JUSTICE LEAGUE

37253027781_551a2d475d_b.jpg

Early screenings are already taking place for Justice League, and it turns out a few people are missing from the latest cuts.

The new cut of the film is the first to surface since Joss Whedon took over for Zack Snyder, and sources told Batman News that a particular tie to Flashpoint has been cut out of the film. That tie is Kiersey Clemons' Iris West, who previously had a cameo in the film she herself once described as "f****** sick."

Iris wasn't the only character to get the boot either, as that same source also confirmed that Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor is also not in this version of the film.

Now, it's important to note that nowhere has this been described as the final version, but if those scenes were deemed not as important this early, it does seem far-fetched to think they would be added in. The good news though is that with Batman v Superman; Dawn of Justice, Warner Bros. made previously cut cameos available in the ultimate edition, so hopefully, that also happens here.

Kiersey Clemons' Iris West Scene Cut From 'Justice League'

Black SJW approved Iris has grown on me since her being hot in the series(plus the awards ceremony panties flash*) and her dad Joe being a terrific actor whose perfomance's have helped to deliver some of the series most heartbreaking moments.

ce474b70577f2e9f2520cd24dcecbe26--candice-patton-the-flash.jpg

{<tongue}

This new one also being hot helps. However, her demon hair leads me to believe her bush may also be in the same horrendous condition.

No fap.

Last edited:
whose going to get credit for this film if it gets good reviews?

Whedon or Zack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back